Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Everon Defence Force soldiers

if you make damage textures, the guys ARE wearing body armor, don't be like other 'great' mods & have blood all over their chest, it would come from up under their vest if it actually penetrated wink_o.gif

New weapons will be in the next pack together with some vehicles I hope  smile_o.gif

If you are going to include helicopters in this pack in the future, it would be nice to see different littlebird's in plain green camo.

MfG Lee wink_o.gif

LoL biggrin_o.gif

i didnt know you released them Ironsight biggrin_o.gif

they look much better than beta i saw :-)

nice piece of work m8 :-)

@Lee_H._Oswald

http://lee.plankton.ch/EDF01.jpg

nice badge idea, would fit to theyr arms ;-)

added:

will it fit ? ;-)

edfbadge0pw.jpg

Any chance the officers could be given a set of binoculars and maybe some smoke grenades? Right now, the only difference between an officer and a rifleman is the fact that he's got a Beretta tucked in his kecks.

New weapons will be in the next pack together with some vehicles I hope smile_o.gif

If you are going to include helicopters in this pack in the future, it would be nice to see different littlebird's in plain green camo.

MfG Lee wink_o.gif

I'd also love to see the Mi-2's from OW with this pack... some different textures, but those would fit nicely too smile_o.gif

shoot as long as this VERY promising addon doesn't go the way of the NDF mod...I'll be happy with anything..the soldiers look really nice...

I love addons like this!

great job guys!  smile_o.gif

EDIT: a few things I noticed...

-no groups

-no medic

-the distance lods seem a bit on the low rez side

-hat/touque/balaclava versions for more variety maybe?

WOW...I really like their BDU color fits in well with the orignal islands and Nogova biggrin_o.gif a couple of suggestions with further releases:

would it be possible to have a pilot model that is in a flightsuit instead of BDUs? The helmet model is really nice though..also maybe a more armored crew type helmet for the crew units..maybe like the one on COMBAT crew units..also I think its been mentioned before but the officer having binocs and smoke would be a nice improvement

I was thinking about vehicles and other equipment..I guess it would be determined manly by if you wanted the EDF to be the defending force for the entire Malden Island group (not nogova) or just a small force able to defend the small island of everon. If you were aiming for a force that could defend all of the Malden Islands maybe some of the units equipment could be:

for the Everon Defence Air Force

- Older western fighters ie Footmunches F-5 repainted to better fit the islands. The F-5 could serve as the EDF's front line fighter..its cheap and many "poorer" nations use them and is a decent multi-role fighter

- Helicopters..MD-500 that came with BAS' Littlebird pack..again repainted to suit the islands..preperation H's UH-1N or SEBs UH-1 could fill transport role..again repainted..I think the UH-1N would definatley look hella cool in a camo green scheme

- Fixed wing transport could be either Martins DC-3 which is still flown today by poorer air forces or CSLAs L410

for the Everon Defence Force(army)

-Either the BIS or Inquisitor's M60 tank as their main battle tank

-their apc could be COMBAT's M113A2

-their light transport or jeep could be UKF's Landrover or BWMODs 290GD

-for truck transport, fueling support, and ammo..the 5ton trucks could work

-air defense units could be repainted Inquisitor's M163's and stinger armed troops

for the Everon Defence Force (coast guard/navy)

-PBRs and colonel klinks PT Boat could feel all patrol needs for around the island group...maybe even the cutter from US Coast Guard Mod..repainted of course

more notes on the soldiers..some groups would be cool..maybe even some minor tweaks to the models to represent differents types of soldiers like mech infantry, heliborne infantry and MPs also maybe the recon soldiers could fill the special operations roll and switch out their current G3s for the default MP5s and satchel charges..also maybe the CBQ model(since your using the HYK model as your base) would be better the recon units..and lastly maybe you could use one of the readily avaliable ghilie sniper units to replace the current sniper model...again all just suggestions...I REALLY like seeing the orignal islands FINALLY having a fighting force of their own.... smile_o.gif

if u do use CSLA's L410... if u get thier permission i already have that plane seperated from teh csla mod from awhile back (but for personal use so u will need permissions)

the problem with the default O2 face is a config problem

class CfgModels

in that.. make sure the unit u are defining

class Man: Default

{

sections[] ={ "head injury","body injury","l arm injury","r arm injury","p arm injury","l leg injury","r leg injury","p leg injury","medic", "hlava","krk","zasleh"};

sectionsInherit=Head;

};

class uscg_wlf: Man {};

class uscg_wjt: Man {};

class uscg_rcy: Man {};

class uscg_ewn: Man {};

class uscg_rcp: Man {};

like for instance uscg_wlf is the model name itself. not the defined unit name.. like uscg_wlf is USCG_BoatCrew if im not mistakin.. but the model name is uscg_wlf.. make sure ur class cfgmodles has the modle name listed and not the unit name. if thats wrong then the default face is applied (i dont know why the game does that of that section of the config is wrong but it does)

althou i havnt tried the units... the pics look very nice... if i wanted to do an everon invasion defense.. these would deffently be my first choice of units (over any other resistance side units)

At this time, there are no Nogovan Defence Forces to speak of...so I doubt it. tounge2.gifwink_o.gif

They overran the NDF positions on 31JUL05 LOL

I would now like to make a few suggestions.

Due to the modern look of these soldiers. Which usually means that the everon government would have probably struck like black gold. But it looks like in future releases these guys would have like abrams and HIGH tech lasor beamer weapons. So This is what I want.

-Front line forces

Main battle tanks - T80 or T-64

Fixed wing air - Su27 flanker and or the AMX

Rotor aircraft - Mi-25D, KA52, MI28, Mi-8, UH-1 huey.

Infantry support - M113A3 Amtrack, BTR-80

Trucks - 5ton suckas you see everyday in OFP

-Special operations forces/Milita forces

Fast attack vehicles. IE Jeeps with M2s, Recon bikes, Improvised support vehicles with DSHK heavy machine guns (Technicals to all ya muggas out there)

Please notice that I am trying to keep them on a medium budget with the size of there island and probably doesnt have much of a population above 10,000. So try not to rip my face off.

just because they have kevlar helmets don't mean they are rich, you can get them quiet cheaply now, and most armies have them, same with vests, tho i think so webbing would be a welcome additon so they can carry so extra magazines crazy_o.gif,

but great work i like em wink_o.gif

great work mate....

they seem very NATO/USA influenced soldiers, so i wouldnt just austomatically assume that they would use mainly russian gear...

MBT-leopard 1, centurion, AMX-30, m48/m60

APC-m113, halftrack..?

fighter-f4, a4, f5, f16..?

Yet again I like the lasor beamer weapons idea better.

Although making the EDF have semi rich equipment would make missions FUN. Howa bout rail cannons?

a few things I noticed...

-no groups

-no medic

-the distance lods seem a bit on the low rez side

-hat/touque/balaclava versions for more variety maybe?

1. Will be added in a later addon pack

2. Totally fogot about that one icon_rolleyes.gif

3. Hmm will take a look at it

4. Will be added in a later addon pack

Glad you guys all like the units but I see this thread is slowly turning into a suggestion/request thread. Which is OK as long as people make realistic suggestions. So no T80's, M1a1's and the latest modern fighter aircraft.

I still don't have an idea what to make exactly so suggestions are welcome smile_o.gif

Also if you think you can contribute something to this project modelwise, texturewise, configwise or scriptingwise, feel free to send me a PM smile_o.gif

EDIT:

Thanks for the head issue solution Pappy, it will be fixed in the next release smile_o.gif

I think these units look great! It is rather difficult to come up with what the EDF would use. When it comes to transport/defense aircraft I would suggest maybe the Su-22, for transport would be very nice to have a couple of Antonovs in use. Something small yet easy to manuever. For helicopters I could only expect a handful of Mi-8s and Mi-2s, if anything a few Hueys..

For tanks and APCs it could be a mix of western and eastern vehicles, though nothing too up to date. Maybe a T-62 or older T-72 as a main battle tank, with a few BTRs, BMP1s, and possibly a couple of M113s. Hard to really say though, it will solely (sp?) depend on the addonmakers.

with the suggestions I posted earlier I think the main thing would be to use addons already avaliable instead of having to make new ones from the ground up and I would think Everon would be a western backed country thas why all my suggestions were western equipment...I doubt they'd be buying from the soviets since they attempted to invade them

Cool choice.

I was considering doing an EDF pack, but didn't get much further than thumbing through AFV recognition guides for vehicles that'd fit.

I find this mini-mod as you can call it great.. now i can team up the amercans, res and EDF against the russians muhahah.. tounge2.gif