Sign in to follow this  
franze

Franze & NodUnit Present...

Almost have the dominating specs,rats *snaps fingers*. tounge2.gif

Nope crug no know what script talk be,crug go away now  goodnight.gif

Careful, you might give my hamster-driven computer system a heart attack. crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

I just tried that command... Instatly got to 100 FPS.... There's a script in the AH that is causing FPS loss of great magnituide.

Now that helps a lot. Try these commands, they'll help isolate the issue even further:

fz_ah64rtrwash = 0 - turns off rotor wash

fz_ah64arming = 0 - turns off dynamic arming

If neither of them helps like fz_ah64scripts did, let me know.

none of those commands helped... It must be some other script causing the FPS drop.

Ok, now I can set out to really fix it for good. Thanks for testing.

Almost have the dominating specs,rats *snaps fingers*. tounge2.gif

Nope crug no know what script talk be,crug go away now goodnight.gif

Careful, you might give my hamster-driven computer system a heart attack. crazy_o.gif

yes a special all jpeg apache with 2024x2024 textures on every square for you tounge2.gif that should do it.

Ok, now I can set out to really fix it for good. Thanks for testing.

np, anything to help / nake the demo missions playable for me smile_o.gif

You two seem to pick at eachother alot,I take it this is all fun and games as being part of a team?

and rofl.gif at the textures i think that would kill everyones pc.

Quote[/b] ]

You two seem to pick at eachother alot,I take it this is all fun and games as being part of a team?

Aye, we often go at each other without meaning it. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

np, anything to help / nake the demo missions playable for me

I just hope the issue can be fixed; it's real annoying to know there's a issue but with only a vague idea of what could be causing it. Would it be OK if I PM'd you with some script/config upgrades to see if any of those work?

And just for final clarification, you're running w/ 1.3 now right?

Quote[/b] ]

not mine

Oh trust me, with 2048x2048 jpeg textures around every corner, your PC would likely commit suicide. goodnight.gif

Quote[/b] ]

Aye, we often go at each other without meaning it. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

np, anything to help / nake the demo missions playable for me

I just hope the issue can be fixed; it's real annoying to know there's a issue but with only a vague idea of what could be causing it. Would it be OK if I PM'd you with some script/config upgrades to see if any of those work?

And just for final clarification, you're running w/ 1.3 now right?

Quote[/b] ]

not mine

Oh trust me, with 2048x2048 jpeg textures around every corner, your PC would likely commit suicide. goodnight.gif

sure you can PM me, i'm running the latest AH version.

Quote[/b] ]

sure you can PM me, i'm running the latest AH version.

Ok, I'll let you know when I make some large changes.

Big textures, small textures bring it on. My pc will eat it up for breakfast. Cant wait for your next release guys.

wink_o.gif

@Franze:

Ahh, I see what you're saying. Look forward to seeing it in action.

I have some relatively minor configuration updates ready here:

AH-64A/D Config update 1.31

1.31 config update (RAR, requires PR1.3)

And WAH-64 update to 1.1:

WAH-64/AH Mk1, RAR

Changes include:

- Increased Hellfire performance

- All versions made slightly more framerate efficient

- New AH-64A BIS variant, with BIS powered weapons

Hopefully this will help some of you getting framerate problems with any of the helicopters, but there's still no promises there.

Note that the configuration update 1.31 requires that you install it over PR1.3 before using.

By far the most realistic AH-64 addon out there! You have certainly done your homework! Brings back memories from my Longbow 2 days! smile_o.gif

Are you planning to remove the AH-1's TOW aiming boxes from the IHADDs?

As you probably know, AH-64's Hydra pods can elevate following the locked target up and down, but not side to side. Do you have any plans for any kind of workaround to make it work in the game?

Could it be possible to make the cannon fire in selectable bursts of 10, 20, 50 and 100 rounds?

The cursor changes to the correct symbology according to the selected weapon. Nice touch, but could it be done that it is the selected target indicator that changes to the respective symbology rather than the cursor? In fact, could the Target box and the "locked"-diamond be replaced with dashed(selected) and solid(locked) symbology?

Are you planning to remove the AH-1's TOW aiming boxes from the IHADDs?

Negative, the TOW aiming boxes are hard coded because the "IHADSS" uses the OFP default HUD system in conjuction with a few custom elements. As you already know, this was made for the AH-1 originally.

Quote[/b] ]

As you probably know, AH-64's Hydra pods can elevate following the locked target up and down, but not side to side. Do you have any plans for any kind of workaround to make it work in the game?

Unfortunately, the weapon systems remain static in direction unless you bind them to the turret/cannon system. Fixed forward is the only option availible.

Quote[/b] ]

Could it be possible to make the cannon fire in selectable bursts of 10, 20, 50 and 100 rounds?

At the cost of having to cycle through the weapon modes, yes, it's very much possible. However, this would mean having to cycle through 4 extra cannon modes (not that I would mind but some people might.)

Quote[/b] ]

The cursor changes to the correct symbology according to the selected weapon. Nice touch, but could it be done that it is the selected target indicator that changes to the respective symbology rather than the cursor? In fact, could the Target box and the "locked"-diamond be replaced with dashed(selected) and solid(locked) symbology?

The entire symbology for targeting and locking is hard coded; you would have to modify the game's entire interface to get the desired targeting symbology, which would apply to every vehicle. Might be a good side project. smile_o.gif

I don't understand how the AH-1 HUD is a necessity... DKM doesn't seem to have it with their Mi-28

How about the ability to select burst lengths from the action menu? That might clutter it up too much though confused_o.gif I'd be happy if the cannon fired only in 20-round bursts too.

That's because DKMM made a completely custom HUD using the availible guages and selections that are unrelated to the OFP hud. I used the OFP HUD because it made life easier, and I needed those guage selections for other parts of the cockpit. Basically, the altitude and speed indicators on the OFP HUD were the easiest way to implement those paticular counters.

Action menu burst selection might be a little complex but it might be possible if it was done as a cycle method.

I honestly do not see the need for fixed burst lengths. I am well aware that the real AH-64 has it, but it seems impractical for OFP.

The real Apache also have a non-burst mode for the chaingun cannon too. Something a certain FLIR video clearly demonstrates (don't link to the video on this forum btw).

Me I just hold the trigger down until something falls down or blows up biggrin_o.gif

The real Apache also have a non-burst mode for the chaingun cannon too. Something a certain FLIR video clearly demonstrates (don't link to the video on this forum btw).

If you're talking about the famous video where the chaingun rips apart suspected iraqi insurgents stashing weapons, it looked to me as if it fired 20-round bursts every time. The ammo counter confirms that. confused_o.gif

I suppose most of this depends on how long a time you need to sustain fire on a single target at a time; the way it is now, you can just hold down the trigger until you're satisfied with the result. It would kind of suck to blow 50 rounds on a lone soldier in the middle of nowhere (a mistake I made many a time in LB2).

<p><i> It would kind of suck to blow 50 rounds on a lone soldier in the middle of nowhere (a mistake I made many a time in LB2).</i></p>

<p>exactly</p>