Sign in to follow this  
franze

Franze & NodUnit Present...

With the next release mostly in need of Franze's work and me out the WAH-64 till I find some of the REAL hellfires I decided to do a side project,WIP.

though the color matches more with the one at the top,wish OFP didnt always make screenshots darker.

Remember,its WIP so please don't nag me about how the camo doesn't match up. Or that theres some olive drab parts still  crazy_o.gif  *hits self upside the head* doh!

Israeli one? Awesome. I love Israel's desert camo.

I'm proud to announce that version 1.3 is ready for download:

AH-64A/D PR 1.3, RAR

AH-64A/D PR 1.3, ZIP

Note: Delete or overwrite your old fz_ah64d.pbo, if any.

And a bonus:

WAH-64/AH Mk1, RAR

WAH-64/AH Mk1, ZIP

As before, the online manual has updated information on it, and additional information on the WAH-64 can be found here.

Enjoy!

wow this is awsome smile_o.gif nice job thumbs-up.gif But i still got that lag and was there any thing done about the lag in the 1.3 or u guys still trying to find that out and are working on it huh.gif

Anychance of getting a stand alone version of the WAH-64? I'd like RAAB to be able to use it but dont want to have a 15mb addon required that we'll never use.

Sorry, afraid not. There's not enough differences between the WAH-64 and the main AH-64Ds to justify transferring all the common textures, etc. from the main AH-64 package to the WAH-64.

Anychance of getting a stand alone version of the WAH-64? I'd like RAAB to be able to use it but dont want to have a 15mb addon required that we'll never use.

There are not many differences at all between the AH and WAH.

Well the community now has its first WAH-64,I guess now is the NAH-64 (Dutch).

*to the above* aside from the rocket pods,names,the armament MFD,hellfires and sensors,no not too much.

I'm takin a break from the apache's and workin on somethin else,and it will not be spoke of again till its further in stages,all I will say is that it was something asked for recently,since theres been alot of that I doubt it could be deciphered to 1 thing,well hope ya enjoy.

I was able to test with Franz ver 1.3, at my clans server, and we did not have any issues with lag.

There was only one minor bug that can not be fixed. That was if you have a gunner played by a human, he / she will not see any systems damage, while the pilot will. So the gun could be damaged, and only the pilot will see any indication that is the problem. Not a big deal.

@Franz if you need to test, any future ver. of the Apache or anything else you plan to release at my Clans server, just let me know. wink_o.gif

There was only one minor bug that can not be fixed. That was if you have a gunner played by a human, he / she will not see any systems damage, while the pilot will.

Known issue in the readme.

Well the community now has its first WAH-64,I guess now is the NAH-64 (Dutch).

*to the above* aside from the rocket pods,names,the armament MFD,hellfires and sensors,no not too much.

I'm takin a break from the apache's and workin on somethin else,and it will not be spoke of again till its further in stages,all I will say is that it was something asked for recently,since theres been alot of that I doubt it could be deciphered to 1 thing,well hope ya enjoy.

Your making a new M4 pack? crazy_o.gifrofl.gif

notworthy.gif Keep it up with the good work, and a nice NAH-64D would be really sweet!!!

Quote[/b] ]

There was only one minor bug that can not be fixed. That was if you have a gunner played by a human, he / she will not see any systems damage, while the pilot will. So the gun could be damaged, and only the pilot will see any indication that is the problem. Not a big deal.

Well it could figuratively be fixed, but it would require more selections than we have availible at this time. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

@Franz if you need to test, any future ver. of the Apache or anything else you plan to release at my Clans server, just let me know.

Will do. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

Keep it up with the good work, and a nice NAH-64D would be really sweet!!!

We'll be getting to that one sooner or later, but now we do have other projects to catch up with. whistle.gif

We'll be getting to that one sooner or later, but now we do have other projects to catch up with. whistle.gif

Is it the OH-58D Kiowa's that were displayed in a screenshot on the Combat Photo page?huh.gif

That and others,needless to say we hope to reshape the west helicopters,making them more useful,aside from that I have been working on alittle somethin with Franze's help,but its a suprise,needless to say not a 1 of it exhists yet on the community.

Is it the OH-58D Kiowa's that were displayed in a screenshot on the Combat Photo page?huh.gif

Yes, the OH-58 and some other projects in mind; some helicopters, some ground vehicles, some generic objects. Most of them relate to helicopters, specifically to support CAS and attack operations. The OH-58 will be our next major project as it's the most closest to completion at this time. smile_o.gif

awesome job with 1.3!

-- would you happen to have a changelog for 1.3? i noticed that you have seperated the pilots into a seperate addon, but idk what else has changed...

-- can you add a link to the online manual to the first page of this thread?

again, great work, and i'm looking forward to the oh-58s!

Quote[/b] ]I need to just say thanks for the WAH guys.

Hope it does what you wanted it to do.  smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

-- would you happen to have a changelog for 1.3?  i noticed that you have seperated the pilots into a seperate addon, but idk what else has changed...

From the readme:

Quote[/b] ]

Changes from 1.2

----------------

-Models are now binarized

-AH-64D Longbow has a new artillery interface: use action "Request Artillery" then click on map for strike area

-JAM RPGs and ICP RPGs no longer tip off missile warning

-New sounds taken from Longbow 2 (thanks to Shadow for the files! )

Quote[/b] ]

Can you name it WAH in the editor please.

I suppose we could but I assumed that the Army referred to it as the "Apache AH MK1", which seems repeated on the MoD site.  huh.gif

Quote[/b] ]the pilots have their own pbo now,this is for a future purpose.

that's what i figured... nener.gifyay.gifbiggrin_o.gifnotworthy.gif

i just played the WAH demo mission and WOW, the textures look a million times better wow_o.gif

-- there weren't any markers in the briefing (which caused a broken link)

-- the first sentence in the briefing reads something like "we need you to take out as many vehicles this morning, blah blah blah." you might want to add "as possible" in there...

-- the radio transmissions during the mission are REALLY cool, and sound great

-- the first (but not the last icon_rolleyes.gif) time i was shot down and survived the crash, i died as soon as i got out of the crashed heli. on another attempt this didn't happen to me.

-- having the gunner say "hellfire launched" is really cool!...but the sound clip usually plays at least a second (usually more) after i launch the hellfire (idk if this is on purpose or not).

-- both times i crashed, the wreck bounced around a bit before settling down...

-- my gunner said something like "the tail rotor's gone!" but the heli wasn't spinning out (but i admit my knowledge of what's realistic is limited to seeing the movie "black hawk down" biggrin_o.gif)

-- i noticed the mfds seems to still be on for the pilot in the heli wreck (as a texture, though) idk what's realistic though...

Quote[/b] ]From the readme:

whoops, read that as "changes in 1.2"

there is no longer any doubt in my mind that you guys have created the best ah64 pack around, this is truly amazing work.

Quote[/b] ]-- having the gunner say "hellfire launched" is really cool!...but the sound clip usually plays at least a second (usually more) after i launch the hellfire (idk if this is on purpose or not).

I love those voices too. There are plenty more. Both from the CP/G and from the computer.

-- there weren't any markers in the briefing (which caused a broken link)

A victim of my laziness. yay.gif

Quote[/b] ]

-- the first sentence in the briefing reads something like "we need you to take out as many vehicles this morning, blah blah blah." you might want to add "as possible" in there...

Another victim of my laziness. whistle.gif

Quote[/b] ]

-- the first (but not the last icon_rolleyes.gif) time i was shot down and survived the crash, i died as soon as i got out of the crashed heli. on another attempt this didn't happen to me.

Possible that a ZSU fired a burst at your wreck or a missile hit the ground nearby as you got out. Or one of the MANPADS guys saw you and gave you a friendly burst of AK fire.

Quote[/b] ]

-- having the gunner say "hellfire launched" is really cool!...but the sound clip usually plays at least a second (usually more) after i launch the hellfire (idk if this is on purpose or not).

There's usually a stall when he says "Hellfire away" or vice versa, due to the pilot giving radio orders and the channel being clogged. Don't know if we'll keep the launch voices or not. If you don't tell the gunner to track a target, the sound will usually play the moment you launch a missile.

Quote[/b] ]

-- both times i crashed, the wreck bounced around a bit before settling down...

This can happen if you crash on awkward ground, trees, etc. But also if you crash on level ground. Usually after a bit the wreck will settle.

Quote[/b] ]

-- my gunner said something like "the tail rotor's gone!" but the heli wasn't spinning out (but i admit my knowledge of what's realistic is limited to seeing the movie "black hawk down" biggrin_o.gif)

Sure he didn't say "Sir, Tail rotor is damaged"?

Quote[/b] ]

-- i noticed the mfds seems to still be on for the pilot in the heli wreck (as a texture, though) idk what's realistic though...

Another victim of my laziness. (Notice a trend here?) whistle.gif

Quote[/b] ]

there is no longer any doubt in my mind that you guys have created the best ah64 pack around, this is truly amazing work.

We've given it all we could give it in order to create a CAS aircraft on par with a lot of the current equipment out at this time. smile_o.gif