Sign in to follow this  
Shadow NX

RHS/Chaos Studios Battlefield comm. system v.1.0.

Since not many noticed in the old RHS thread i thought i better post it here too:

Together with the mission maker CHAOS we released a lil modular script system for easy artillery, medic, airsupport and whatever else you might need.

Makes your radioman much more important smile_o.gif

For more infos check

RHS Page

Download BFCS v.1.0

amazing stuff  notworthy.gif

well i always added a radio to infantry, no matter if there's no use of it...

now it looks that your life depends on it... wink_o.gif

realy awesome demo mission and scripts...

...it's great that someone put hands on it, now we got a new necessity for ofp, a radiomen or at least a radio...

...it's about time, for signal troops to be formed up and be ready to any action in ofp...

i have an idea, for more realism, why not to make some scripts, like radio with malfunctions, when radiomen was hit with several bullets or felt from some height causing radio to malfunction...

another idea (which is only in my full of hopes head) is to make real radio chatter biggrin_o.gif when you are calling some support by whoise and from the other side of radio you would hear a responce...

My advice, you definitely need to try this out!

wow_o.gif

SOOOOOO CURIOOOOUUUS!!!!

D/L immediately!

Klavan

Very intersting indeed, couldnt you have come up with it before I programed my own support radio for the radio operator, it would have saved me alot of work tounge2.gif

I am very intersted in the code, will read it to see how you approached it. I wanted to hook the radio action to the radio rather than the radio operator, since nowdays everyone on the squad should be able to operate the radio. So once the radiooperator gets shot, the radio can be picked up by another squad member or player and communication could continue.

Hello Ladies !

Thank you for the positive reactions. And you ShadowNX thanks for publicate my script and this nice post in BI Forums. rofl.gif

I will construct some modules for the script system in the next version:

- Lighting

- steerable artillery (OnMapClick)

- maybe any other

I will change details of the script to start it with selects [radio_addon_name,player,player group,hq,unit1,unit2,unit3,unit4,etc.] exec "scriptname.sqs". I hope i can optimize the script for using in Radio Addons (RHS LSR_R-109)

If you have any questions and speaking english -> click here !

If you have any questions and speaking german -> click here !

smile_o.gif

What a coincidence.. I saw that on the RHS page this morning and downloaded it to have a look. wow_o.gif

can AI use it? wink_o.gif (then i meen other AI squads)

No idea how we could make it work.

But im no scripter anyway...

If there would be a way the AI orders their support itself then it truley would get intense on the battlefield smile_o.gif

like the keycat group link script?? crazy_o.gifpistols.gifbiggrin_o.gif

that can makes missions go intense and with new ecp too whistle.gif makes some basic missions mcuh more harder.

I downloaded this early in the morning. Pretty cool.

1 thing. I would tweek the artillery to map click then I would add the amount of rounds fired. Very nice tho. pistols.gif

uh the current link is dead....

Just tried... it worked fine for me huh.gif

I have been able to mess around with this some, and I was even able to get a on the map click arty to work. However, still not sure of how it all functions. The readme, that came with it, was more on how to use it. Will there be a readme more on an editor's point of view? Like to see something like a tutorial on just creating a basic mission and no addons. Oh, and I do like the mission that came with it. Great work with the addons RHS. biggrin_o.gif

Some future ideas to add to it.

-Add on map click support:

- Air: Helo, and fixed wing

- Arty: 80mm Mortor, 120 mm gun / mortar, and smoke (If possible MRLS support)

- Extraction, insertion request. (Map click as to pick-up and drop off. Allow ladder / rope insertions)

- Resupply point

- Reinforcements: Armor, Inf, Special Forces

- UAV / Satellite Support. (Can allow a UAV or a Satellite view of a certain area for observation.)

-Add laser support for targetting, so we can have LGB air support and arty with copperhead.

- Possible addition of CoC support for Arty.

- Possible integration with Sypers SP/MP support pack.

- Built in support for all radio types to include the BAS radios. That way you do not have to edit the scripts to use radio's outside of the default one. (I am guessing just create an array that others, can just add equipement to)

Yes i will release 2-3 modules for ChSBCS. They are:

- artillery (onMapClick)

- lighting / smoke

- UAV/Satelite

All other features you can find allready in my mission "Operation Black Mamba. But all other features must be developed by the missionmakers. I build only the simple construct.

Next time i will make the script more simple to use and i hope we can include it in separate "LSR_R109" radio addon.

@ the_shadow

No the AI cannot use this script but maybe i will release in the future little script for this option.

Quote[/b] ]

..... and i hope we can include it in separate "LSR_R109" radio addon.

that would be fantasticly great, it would enhance missions alot, looking forward to that feature thumbs-up.gif

I lood forward to the UAV and Satelite.

I do want to state to Chaos, that you did a great job with the scripting, and design. It is very clean, and I have not seen any bugs.

I do hope in the next update, you might be able to add more info on how to modify / customize it.

I lood forward to the UAV and Satelite.

I do want to state to Chaos, that you did a great job with the scripting, and design. It is very clean, and I have not seen any bugs.

I do hope in the next update, you might be able to add more info on how to modify / customize it.

Hehe, thanks !

I think i am not a good scripter. But i have ideas.

When i am ready with the simplyfication of the script you don´t need more info about customization.

A little update...

- the artillery script is ready

- the lighting script is ready

- the UAV script status now: UAV fly over the recon area on different paths to the setted marker on the map;the UAV can identify enemy targets on the ground and display it on the map

UAV script version 0.9 is in 80% ready. But i need help to make the HUD display with position data, compas and GPS.

SATELITE script will base on the UAV script

how is work progressing on binding the action to the radio, instead of to the Radio-unit?

how is work progressing on binding the action to the radio, instead of to the Radio-unit?

Sorry, i think i don´t understand what you means. Precise your question please. crazy_o.gif