Sign in to follow this  
EvEnLeaSe44

New Uniform

The Army REALLY should be wearing Multicam. Just look at it! works in woods , dessert, AND won't stick out much in urban areas because unless you are in major city its not all grey. Plus engagement ranges in urban spots are pretty low so camo dosen't matter as much.even ghost recon 3 is going with multi cam! This evidence that the US is run by color blind republican aliens! AAARRRGGGG!!! crazy_o.gif

BUT, I dont see ACU in any shots so desregard the above.

From various sources they claim that only Spec Ops make use of the Multicam...

Though I must agree with Sander...

Urban combat does not really require any form of effective camouflage.

The camouflage uniform is developed for use in MOUT situations.

-Breaker Out

Maybe it works fine in the MOUT training area as it's all farkin' concrete!

Sorry to say this, but not all "urban" environments are grey. Many are mixtures of concrete, glass, steel, sand stone, red brick and so on. You'll have a hell of a time blending in with that "camo". Even worse in desert towns.

They need to scrap the camo, and use the new material with a proven pattern, like MARPAT or Multi-Cam, hell even current issue 3 colour des and woodland would be better than that!

Sorry to say this, but not all "urban" environments are grey. Many are mixtures of concrete, glass, steel, sand stone, red brick and so on. You'll have a hell of a time blending in with that "camo". Even worse in desert towns.

I think that the grey is just fine to be held as "urban" camo. It's more ideally suited though for industrial and commercial environments. I can't speak for the rest of the world, but most industrial areas have some kind of grey overtone, or are very dull in color. I.E. I work as a steel fabricator, a dull grey would work pretty well in our machine shop and in the plant. And many commercial environments have more dulled down colors, indoors. You'll see a lot of off-white and grey in a lot of offices.