Sign in to follow this  
dusand

animation edit against cornercamp

My friend admix would like to know if it is possible to edit an original animation, so cornercamping could be eliminated. He would like to move a weapon into the arm a bit.

It is an old Flashpoint bug that a weapon doesn't sit on the arm, but on the elbow.

admix and other MP players are fed up of players that started cornercamping, so they want to stop them doing that. Any help is appreciated.

If anybody knows anything about change this animation, pls contact me on ICQ 145657853 / MSN admix@email.cz smile_o.gif

thx Dusand wink_o.gif

update animations... its possible yes

or set server to no outside view

well i cant find it at the moment.

a player of mcy did a modified anim.pbo to achive what you want. though everyone has to have it or you have major disadvantage.

the best way would be to ask at TNT forum about it or at MCY site.

edit:

also you should provide some screenshots about cornercamping - otherwise 99% of the ppl of this forum wont know what you are talking about wink_o.gif

for Q: yeah, you are talking about TNT anims, arent you? I know that, it was posted in old TNT forum, it is deleted now, but that anims were not so good as original .. you shouldnt cornercamp so easily, but other moves of soldier were .. crazy. I just want to move weapon closer to arm. some screens:

This is how cornercamper looks via Zoom (i am not cornercamper so this is not perfect cornercamp)

resize_GCS0016.jpg

This is how other other players see cornering noob

resize_GCS0017.jpg

Other screen

resize_GCS0018.jpg

you see that soldier holds weapon too much to right side -> i want to move weapon more left and _all_ other animations keep original. When soldier is laying, its not so useful, so i would like to change weapon holding for standing and crouching (just press Q, as you see on pictures)

Thx all for interesting in this post smile_o.gif

whilst the eyeline is seen down the barrel of the gun in screen 1, there is no return shot to the head as can be seen in screens 2 and 3. Therefore, the soldier can see round the corner, without risk of a headshot.

Thats about it, yeah?

Absolutely right. Many players use this bug and they are almost unhitable, we would like to change it

Guest The Cobra

Ask a friend of mine called "General" on these forums.. He's having vacation right now, but he's a very good animator...

Currently he is working for some of the zombiemods (if they are more then 1), and Jurassic Park mod...

If you want to smile_o.gif

there is a animation against this bug. The throw animation for handgrenades. A quite common solution for good covert oponents.

Isn't it easier just to go around the house and shoot the person in the back? tounge2.gif

It's a large ammount of work to redo even one anim, and patch the anim.pbo, or download the whole new one..

Possible, but I dont think theres a reliable way of forcing people to get it (You'll just get modified data file errors)

- Ben

well this would be required i think, otherwise it doesnt make sense (league play)