Sign in to follow this  
Sled88

OBLIVION 1 released

EDIT: Bananas. Original post was edited so this post serves no use.

downloading, is it in german or english?, my german is kinda crappy biggrin_o.gif

still in german... the english upgrade will follow...

for infos look for oblivion-mod in addons und mod: discussion

info on the english forum is pretty vague...whats Oblivion? are new units involved..is it a full conversion like CLSA? can we get some more info and pics?...

info on the english forum is pretty vague...whats Oblivion? are new units involved..is it a full conversion like CLSA? can we get some more info and pics?...

yea, i was wondering the same, but hey, its almost 1gb, so it must be good right?  tounge2.gif  wink_o.gif

EDIT: aaaaah, corrupt download, starting all over again  crazy_o.gif

EDIT2: link down  confused_o.gif

EDIT3: works again? (placebo what happended to the old :huh: smiley? tounge2.gif

Pics you will find here

and if there is a prob with the dl-link... try the second mirror!

here

this has got to be the "oddest" release of a "mod" I've seen...I think Ill pass on it until we get some more info...

Should all bugfixes be installed, all 3 of em? And the DXDLL - Upgrade? Im only 2 minutes away from getting the huge Oblivion home. smile_o.gif

There is something wrong with Bugfix1, bugfix3 and the main Oblivion file. They cant be opened. Should we just rename em or what?

ya does this have an mod installer or is it just an file? and why not all the bug fixs all in one crazy_o.gif Mod look awsome but would be nice to have an Mod installer like y2k3 biggrin_o.gif

You had to make an exe! add to the downloaded stuff ".exe"

Sry but there was an error by uploading the files!

Is there any campaign or is this only for MP?

at the moment this is a singleplayer campaign... but you must chose the missions in the singleplayer mission directory... the multiplayer part will be added soon by a patch

Why did you say Oblivion 1 released ? It`s still beta. Missing many ground textures on the island, campaign missions are in mission folder without mission info. You should have said that this is Oblivion 1 Beta. mad_o.gif And again, I downloaded tons of addons that I have already installed. banghead.gif

Why did you say Oblivion 1 released ? It`s still beta. Missing many ground textures on the island, campaign missions are in mission folder without mission info. You should have said that this is Oblivion 1 Beta. mad_o.gif And again, I downloaded tons of addons that I have already installed. banghead.gif

thats what i was talking about most of there addons we already have thats why i ask if they could do an MOD INSTALLER whistle.gif Like y2k3 and stuff.So it would be diffrent because its just easy that way why do u guys the make awsome addons / mods make them so hard to install. So much to do just to get it working and to play so much sad_o.gif

just have this topic locked. no one knows what it is, besides the name, the website doesn't give a whole lot of info. quite frankly it's pretty damn annoying to download almost a gig of addons most people already have, to play a mediocre campaign on an island that is a very early beta.

Indeed it is a bit confusing....I don't know a lot, but I'll share all I know.

First of all this seems to be the first ( huge ) mod done by 7 boys, aged form 14 to 16 ...well one member is 20 ( see thier webpage ).

Even if it has a lot of bugs it looks promising....I hope there will be a major bugfix soon though. Due to the hardware needs of this mod I could only take a quick look on a friends pc.

Many of you will find the overall presentation disturbing...that is already beeing discussed in the mod-forums. The missions do have a really good atmosphere...taking you very deep into the game. Unfortunatly every bug takes you back out again.

Overall a fair work but far to large. I would recomend everyone with dl-limits to wait for a major update or a mod installer.

Even if there are lots of problems with this mod I'm very interestet to see what this team will do as soon as they are 20 jears old...

I would recomend sled to post a load of screens, so you can take a closer look.

Sorry for spelling...but I'm late for work.

any chance of an addon list showing what addons are actually in the pack? just like to know...

I've been watching the videos and am now downloading the Modification regardless of everyone else's comments, either way if you don't get feedback from the users who play it then you can never improve on your previous work. Will people ever lay off your back for once and give you a chance? I've never heard of this modification before and to come out into the open with so much media available is quite astonishing so i would appreciate it if people didn't gripe and moan at "obvious bugs" and actually play the modification! nener.gif

Statement made by Sled88 in first post in Oblivion2: Hi@all... So Oblivion: Jungle Warfare is complete and will be released on th1 17th July! We started a new project...

It couldn`t be complete at that time because it was not complete when they released it. mad_o.gif