Sign in to follow this  
klavan

AV-8B Harrier II

Maybe with Italian Navy insignas (not necessary, however). Even if not perfect: it's would sufficient it fly well. Not interested about the weapons it carries.

Thanks.

klavan.

OK, thanks. I'll take a look at 'em. thumbs-up.gif

Thank you guys.

Klavan.

smile_o.gif

EDIT1

@Kurayami

Did you receive the .csv?

EDIT2

Vit's AV-8B it's OK for my pourpouses, but I receive the following error message every time I create such unit on map via createvehicle command:

<<error loading data3d\stores.p3d (magic)>>

After clicking ok on the message windows the script continues to runs fine, but it's quite disturbing.....Any idea why?

EDIT3

The same happens when I try to place such aircraft in the editor and then I try to run the preview: the first time it's impossible to load the preview itself, but after clicking another time, and receiving tha same message, the preview runs OK.....

I believe he mentioned that in the readme. I have the same issue, and I think everyone else who've tried it had it. This is some kind of p3d error (I wouldn't know I'm not an addon maker) but it is in the addon, and nowhere else. Vit's is the only Marine Harrier out there, and it's heavily beta. It's a pity nobody's upgraded it or done anything newer.

Any chance for an update, vit? wink_o.gif

I believe he mentioned that in the readme.

I was quite sure about this me too, but since there's no readme I preferred to ask for it anyway.....

Thanks.

Klavan.

It is a shame that no new ones have been pressed in to OFP service, considering that this good-looking and distinctive little plane has been in service for so long in RL, and has seen so much combat.

Fans of the Marine Corps, I beseech thee on bended knee, for OFP's sake, someone PLEASE produce a decent AV-8B Harrier II.

The FLK is so nice but it needs more weapons, the sidewinders and the gun is not enough sad_o.gif .

I´ve created AV-8B harrier II a long, long time ago. It is playable, but it haven´t a VTOL script. Now i´ve updated the modell, what means it is now a highpoly model (~5000). Also i´ve created a AV-8B Harrier II PLUS beside the normal Harrier II.

Here is an old pic from Ofp.info News:

Old AV-8B Harrier II (Bulldogs)

and here some Buldozer pics of the new harrier model:

AV-8B Harrier II

AV-8B Harrier II Plus

I asked TomiD to make Tex for the new Harrier, but he seems to be away.

I´ve created AV-8B harrier II a long, long time ago. It is playable, but it haven´t a VTOL script. Now i´ve updated the modell, what means it is now a highpoly model (~5000). Also i´ve created a AV-8B Harrier II PLUS beside the normal Harrier II.

Maybe you can ask Falklands MOD team the permission to use their V-TOL script (I had try it and seems to work quite well even if in my tests I cannot raise the gear both before and after the take-off ). I've took a look to the pics and I wonder why you think it need to be retextured.....And the AV-8B Harrier II PLUS...... IS JUST WHAT I NEED!!!!

Keep up the good work, OK? wink_o.gif

Klavan.

EDIT

And if you really think it must be retexured, then make an Italian Navy version of it, too. smile_o.gif

Please Fishkopp, you dont need the VTOL script... it would work very well with just STOL capability (they cant start vertically with full weapons load anyway)

make it take of on a really short distance (dont know how you do this but im pretty sure you do)

the most important thing is that we get a nice AV8B harrier...

The FLK Harrier, how do i make do a vertical take off and a vertical landing? huh.gif

The FLK Harrier, how do i make do a vertical take off and a vertical landing? huh.gif

I had try it as pilot and proper actions appeared in the menu.....Don't know how to make it works with the AI....

But in truth I didn't try to land.

Klavan.

@FischKopp

I think we're waiting for your reply.... wink_o.gif

At mom i´m working on a ground force pack. SO you will w8 till i finish that till i swap to the air pack.

Why no use Vit's textures?

With his permission of course, The addon may be old, but the textures are still ace.

also, about the VTOL Capability, can't you just make one version which flies like a helicopter? I know how incredibly unrealistic it is, but I remember playing around with those pre-O2 Harriers based on the russian frogfoot, and it was just lots of fun! wink_o.gif

Have you seen that movie where arnold Schwarzenegger blasts the crap out of a skyscraper full of terrorists in a harrier? It just looked incredibly cool! tounge2.gif

also, about the VTOL Capability, can't you just make one version which flies like a helicopter?

nar ...... dont do that, ask permission to use Falklands Mod scripts .... as klavan said, they work nice.

I agree, It makes more sense to ask permission to use their script, just as it makes more sense for them to provide said scripts gratiously. Or, if things don't work that way, the most realistic thiing to do is to shorten the take off roll dramtically, allowing the jet to achieve flight inside a hundred feet or so. Same for landing, but a vertical landing would be best if possible. I've seen USMC Harriers make short landings and had the acraft stopped on the ground inside a hundred feet. If fuel load is a problem this is the best way for the AV-8 pilot to bring the plane in.

Hi, in ofpc some time ago there was a release of a very Beta AV8B-II here's the DL: OFPC.DE AV8B-II

the model needs textures, scripts, sounds and take down the size; but was very promising. Let's cu

Hi, in ofpc some time ago there was a release of a very Beta AV8B-II here's the DL: OFPC.DE AV8B-II

the model needs textures, scripts, sounds and take down the size; but was very promising. Let's cu

It need a lot of work, to define it with a word: chaotic. But it would be a good start point for anyone that would finish it.

The model is similar to Vit's one and the V-TOL scripts are quite funny!

Klavan

Guest RKSL-Rock

@FischKopp

Mate, do a taster pack just for the Harrier. OFP has been missing a decent harrier.

It need a lot of work, to define it with a word: chaotic. But it would be a good start point for anyone that would finish it.

The model is similar to Vit's one and the V-TOL scripts are quite funny!

Klavan

As long as someone actually credits the actual author of the model (Jean-Paul Gilbert) or any derivatives of it i imagine it will be ok.  If anyone wants his email PM me and i'll put you in touch.

Wizzy and I had a debate about this and it ended up having the thread deleted by Placebo. The original model was a commerical release on Turbosquid 2 years ago and has since been illegaly distributed on pretty much every P2P network since.