Sign in to follow this  
brataccas

AREA 51 MOD NEEDS YOU!

Picture this:

The humans have been attacked by aliens and the last escape they have is to flee to AREA 51, a base out in the desert that the aliens haven’t discovered yet. So the humans construct a HQ and start sending soldiers out on raids and SAR missions to fight off the alien invasion.

U like? If u do join up! we are currently searching for all kinds of members; Modellers, Texturers, config makers, a.s.o

The mod i divided in different sections;

Infantry

Vehicles

Island

Aviation

Object

So if u are any good on one or more join now! we need u!

Leader e-mail: trevor282@hotmail.com

heres our webpage atm (few pics etc)

http://www.freewebs.com/area51ofpmod/

Sounds good! it sounds a lot like X-com or UFO aftermath, hope you guys can get it off the ground, i like that underground bunker you got shots of on your site. I presume its all one big object with land textures on top of the roof then sunk into a big hole in the ground that was made in wrp edit?

Also i think the story needs to be a bit deeper then 'aliens just decide to attack the humans one day and the last of them flee to a big underground base'

Maybe make up some history and back ground infomation about the aliens, what year isit, what was the state of the world before the alien invasion, what happen during it and the events leading up to the defeat of mankind. Is there other bases around the world that you could make contact with? whats the alians motavation to conquer the earth etc..

looks like your members are already in many other mods, dont get me wrong but i doubt that this, same as other mods, will be ever finished.

not many ppl in too many mods.

o look another mod with brattacas yet again, why ot just work on a few rather than so many? crazy_o.gif

WIldo

Erm, you do know the Area 51 alien stuff is basicly a handy coverup? tounge2.gif

They mainly research stupidly-hispeed aircraft stuff, which I suppose could make a nice mod.

For making the base island thing, that could be veery nice, by making the base mostly in models (Not using terrain as much, just big low-poly models wiht nice textures), you could make the pretty-probobale underground areas too, and sink the whole thing in the ground (If you make the object overlap with ground you shouldn't get a problem with falling though. Theres pictures on maps.google.com, and searching about finds stupidly-huge arial photos and maps and stuff.

If you did that, I'd download it nomatter what else you do with the mod tounge2.gif

If done right, a Sci-fi mod with green aliens could be quite fun, or if you do it more seriously, could be some nice planes to emerge out of it smile_o.gif

Wich ever way you go with it, good luck biggrin_o.gif

- Ben

well, this is area 51, so no body knows whats happening in there and it's so huge secret of us government, that even i know about it a little bit... wink_o.gif

thought this mod can put their fantasy to make it as suspicious and secret as possible biggrin_o.gif

in real, i don't realy want to go there, but i want to know what the hell is happening there and why it needs to be so great secret? well, soviets everything kept in secret, but i was revealed after some time...

what can't we know about what's happening out there, some were...

i think that area 51 cover is allien stuff and new aircraft, but i think there are new, brandly new type of technologyes, that are kept in secret...

yes thanks to US coverment this is a realy easy mod to make ve dont have any idea wth is going on in ther all we know is how the base looks like from the air and thats abut it.

area%2051.jpg

Use of deadly force is authorized (can any one go ther for us plz?)

and read the last line on this one spooky

area51_sign.jpg

A51-4.jpg

a51-5.jpg

o look another mod with brattacas yet again, why ot just work on a few rather than so many? crazy_o.gif

WIldo

LMAO!!!! do I know you? i cant remember? lol how many mods do u know that im in? smile_o.gif

*Hugs hornet* Amazing biggrin_o.gif

I've got a high-res arieal photo of area 51 (Found link via Google Earth - "Updated Area 51 in Color" or something), lemme know on MSN if you want it smile_o.gif

As for what happens there, there is a lot of people that go "plane spotting" in the area. Theres recorded radio transmittions etc

http://www.dreamlandresort.com has lots of people that have gone to the area and writen up what happened when they were there.

Anyway, once again, looks great xmas_o.gif

How much of the "underground base" have you done? *Needs a less dead looking shocked face than wow_o.gif *

- Ben

Edit : Just saw site (With pictures of underground base)... wow_o.gif

Sounds good! it sounds a lot like X-com or UFO aftermath, hope you guys can get it off the ground, i like that underground bunker you got shots of on your site. I presume its all one big object with land textures on top of the roof then sunk into a big hole in the ground that was made in wrp edit?

Actually, if you look at satelite images, Area 51 is mainly above ground, I mean after all its built around a huge runway because its primary function is to test experimental aircraft.

Actually, if you look at satelite images, Area 51 is mainly above ground, I mean after all its built around a huge runway because its primary function is to test experimental aircraft.

Ah but you cant see underground from a satelite. wink_o.giftounge2.gif for all we know there could be an underground base with all sorts!

i know what they drive today

that pic i just got for fun

the mod is set 2108 they will not look like that or drive that car

Erm, and where are all these experimental aircraft apperaing from? Undergound maybe? tounge2.gif

Besides, the mod isn't ment to be an exact replica of Area 51 (Wich is kinda impossible without breaking the law tounge2.gif)

As pointed out, the reason it is mainly on-ground it because thats all you can see tounge2.gif

If there was a thermal-areial-photo you might see something different.

- Ben

your going to canada Ben stop by Nevada and take a look

but if some one starts to hunt you run if any one shoots take cover but get in ther do it

(dam its even hard in OFP to get in ther with gards placed out in the right spots) biggrin_o.gif

maybe if u guys pray for the wacos out there that are planing to get in.

Though since the base was discovered i guess all the important "material" may have been moved to nearby mountains and locked down again lol.