Sign in to follow this  
hermano

DAMP - Dynamic Afghanistan Multiplayer Campaign

For fixing the missing jj_rebel.p3d, i added the old jj_rebel files (0 to 9) in the GMER1.2 pbo, so i can keep DAMP compatible with lastest DMA release.

i got a major problem, when we go on an enemy corpse our game is crashing (when the action menu would popup, the game just crash).

"i got a major problem, when we go on an enemy corpse our game is crashing (when the action menu would popup, the game just crash). "

Exactly the same here, looking too close to the dead enemies just hangs the computer crazy_o.gif ...

The mission in just as good as OFP2 (AA) dynamic system it will be wink_o.gif , thanks for this amazing work !! nener.gif

Ok i found the problem, i was using over dated Addons : ICP Russian weapon pack & ICP RPG 7 (the old ones that came with the RF airborne troops packs).

To fix it, just overwrite the old by the updated ones of the original post.

"To fix it, just overwrite the old by the updated ones of the original post."

Worked fine with me too, thanks !!

I just want to say that this mission is fantastic and the only mission my friends and I play anymore. I would like to know if it is possible to increase the amount of rebels that spawn during missions and how that is done. I have some limited scripting experience so I might understand the jargon. Once again, thanks for this great mission.

i love it too, but the optics of the custom weapons are really bad, some shot left, other shoot down between the 0 meters dot and up the 100 meters. It's really hard to use them as they should be but harder when the IA shoot you at 300 meters with iron sight. That's the bad points of the missions, else it is wonderfull to feel the ambience. Long live Mother Russia !

I never saw this multipayer afgan mission before agghh. Anybody have the chaika and avia add ons for this I cannot find them.

Hi, here are the Chaika and the Avia

I also have found this mission this week, seems incredible notworthy.gif . Hope I can play it this weekend with a friend...

Are there more coop-dynamic-missions? In single-player I prefer long campaigns, in multiplayer I play cooperative, and dynamic missions are THE FUTURE in this! biggrin_o.gif

thanks i got the addons but i cannot run the mission as it is very jerky for some reason perhaps i have old addons or somin ill check later (yes i have a good pooter)

It would be great if we could get some good dynamic multiplayer missions running before armed assualt comes out I think it would really atract some players.

I get the jjr.p3d error cant find the old jjr rebels anywhere what a shame.

So:

1. will WGL&Zcommon work with this?

2. easy way to implement more than 7 players?

I finally played this mission with a friend.

First, both of us had an error message, it seems something is wrong with jjr_rebels (we have the addon Generic Middle Eastern Rebels v1.2, maybe it has to be another version?).

We played two missions: firstly a patrol, all perfect (a little bit easy). The only "problem" was the helicopter, I got out, and when I ordered to get out the AI players, the helicopter went up again, and drop them about 100-200 meters away. This happens to me always.

The second mission was a defend city. There, the helicopter landed upside down, but nobody was hurt whistle.gif . We were surprised by the enemy and had 5 loses. The big problem was now: there were no more enemies but the mission wasn't complete. We had to abort it after a looong time looking for some lost enemy confused_o.gif Maybe if the mission were defend and stay there x time, not kill every enemy...just an idea.

I think it is possible to disable non human players, I only tried disabling one and playing only me, but the mission started.

I'll keep it playing, this mission it's a very good job. It would be great if it were more polished.

Has anybody got the old gmer 1.1 rebels I cant get this to run properly with 1.2 thankyou. I have looked but i cannot find them.

I think it's this one.

But it doesn't works either (for me, at least) sad_o.gif

I've also tried 1.0 (this), but without luck.

Anyone has idea of what addon is necessary for the rebels to work? I can play, but without civilians, and I think rebel leaders are not appearing. In SP version it works perfectly huh.gif

There is also a 1.21 version of Generic Middle Eastern Rebels (here).

Same error. I've tried putting the old .p3d files into the pbo, as L Etranger said, but it crashes.

Hi there, I haven't been around for quite some time.

Like the original Dynamic Afghanistan 1.2, DAMP uses the Updated Afghanistan Rebels . I uploaded the file from my addon folder here , too (available for 30 days, unless it is downloaded).

You should try to get honchoblacks Dynamic Afghanistan 1.2 running first, stepping up to DAMP should be easy then.

The guys of DMA have been working on a dynamic multiplayer system (so DAMP should be pretty obsolete by now). I didn't keep track of their progress, but they do have a website here.

Have fun,

h

This sounds amazingly fun...! The only problem is that the links for the addons required is dead (http://ofp.gamezone.cz/xxxxxx/xxxx.this.that <--- Linked in the readme file DAv1.2). Tried a search for the required addons on different sites and search engines with no luck. Is there someone out there who can point me in the right direction?

Im kinda newb in the whole OFP thingy ( Have had it for years but never kicked off until now lol, damn CS and BF...Im never going back! )  I find the whole addon/mod/mission deal to be a bit advanced, lots of stuff has to fit together for it to work and such.... Not that its scary advanced, just a little bit hard to get your head around when errors keep popping up and the only solution is a clean reinstall and try again... Im hoping for some superb answers from the community gods lol !

Thanks...  tounge2.gif

Ah.... thank you kanotson, lol it did work, the files where wrong... But still, it opened up new doors... thanks!   smile_o.gif

Edit: Yep... Got the stuff..! Thanks again...!

I still get the error: "Cannot open object jjr_rebels\jjr_r_rebelaasoldier.p3d", but now there are civilians.

Though I get also some CTDs, maybe I have something wrong?

Hello,

Anyone have download link for the DAMP mission?

I can't find it anywhere

greetings