Sign in to follow this  
berghoff

Nature Pack - European

absolutely  notworthy.gif

a zillion thanks  thumbs-up.gif

edit:

pics will follow soon smile_o.gif

Awesome work.

I´m using HD now and I notice a small increse of FPS with this new ver. dont know why thought.

just spotted mirror thanks, rapid share hates me confused_o.gif

of course! smile_o.gif

i edit my post and post the nature ground textur pack.

Raptor smile_o.gif

Thanks for the mirrors ofcourse RapidShare is a temp solution because I can't upload the files to any other OFP site I know of. =)

smile_o.gif you can give me the RapidShare links, i will upload it on ofpc server and then i give you via Pm the ofpc links wink_o.gif

i will support comm. where i can wink_o.gif

Raptor smile_o.gif

Great improvements, looks awsome on those WGL islands but on one of the trees i get an odd LOD thats completely white, i'll try to get a picture of which tree it is.

And yea i got increased performance too great work. (And my comps old as time itself)

Nevermind, seems to have fixed itself after i overwriten the .pbo with the fullversion (i used the patch before), must have been something on my end.

Quote[/b] ]Great improvements, looks awsome on those WGL islands but on one of the trees i get an odd LOD thats completely white, i'll try to get a picture of which tree it is.

I got the same problem using the patch.

What tree has the missing texture? I don't have the problem here. The Normal Quality version doesn't need to patch.

Is anyone in here interested on seeing these retextured Nogova trees released?

It will be a standalone package called BRG_o so it has nothing to do with this nature pack as the texture are brand new.

The quality of the textures are nearly photorealistic if you stand close to the trees. =) To bad there is no bumpmapping for these texture barks.

There are based on the orginal Nogova textures so there isn't many real difference in them exept for the leaves.

Here are some shots from the Nogova Maple tree:

javor13sp.th.jpg

javor25ii.th.jpg

If there is enough interrest I will finish them and release them. I'm only talking about the trees/forest here. Maybe be also the rocks. I don't have good bush images yet. smile_o.gif

Edit: I'll think I'll release it so you can replace and load o.pbo as an addon just like Hisky is installed. smile_o.gif

Only have to do a few more trees.

ohh release please , not so many vegetation replacements for ofp when i think about it crazy_o.gif so please release yours welcome.gif some day you can really say that you have replaced everything in ofp biggrin_o.gif

this isnt a question - we want it notworthy.gif

Ok then I'll will finish this retexture project for the nature part of Nogova.

Here a taste on how to other objects will look like, some color of the pine and the other tree needs to be tweaked but the overall look is quite good.

newakat0gq.th.jpg

p><p> [img]<a href=http://forums.bistudio.com/oldsmileys/smile_o.gif' alt='smile_o.gif'>

hey Berghoff  smile_o.gif

ive got again little request ...

this tree makes the stuff behind in in some angles invisible - is it possible to fix this  icon_rolleyes.gif

15.jpg

16.jpg

(same tree from both perspectives - just blue sky behind it wink_o.gif )

thanks !

thumbs-up.gif

Hmmm must have forgot about that one. =) It can be fixed.

Great work BergHoff! But I have a little question... when putting the grass field somewhere in the editor (it looks SO goddamn great btw. And the performance! biggrin_o.gif) it kinda explodes and begins to burn if you shoot from it/at it. That's not right is it? Or should it be volatile grass? The grass looks so great I'd love to have a non-lethal version of it. I have the 1.0b version...

untitled11vm.th.jpg

Thanks,

Geo

Ok seems a config error or firelod error putting it in the todo list.

Marvelous to hear! I will be waiting in rejoicing patience for a possible next release. May the force of creating be with you.

Oh btw. Did I spell patience correctly? I suck at spelling when I'm tired.

argh this is just one step away from  'perfect'  crazy_o.gif   biggrin_o.gif

well, i dont so much about faces, texture resolution, lods - is the effect really that great ?

almost all lods of the trees are fine - yet Berghoff could you overhaul just these few.

the visual effect when the tree change between different lods is sometimes just too damn visible (or too different) confused_o.gif

as you can see here - just magnificent

one lower lod - still looks great

one more - starts to get diffuse and the far left one's brightness is in two parts

here you can see what i mean mainly

is this lod really needed performance wise ? or for any other reason ?

another example - 1st lod

2nd lod

3rd lod

any thoughts Berghoff ? wow_o.gif