Sign in to follow this  
jagy.

Black Hawk Down

Not nessiarily.. Squads make missions using new addons and distrubte them amongst the squad.

Also, look here

Quote[/b] ]Oh, because mod makers and addon makers don't get criticized

Eh?

I think they do icon_rolleyes.gif

I think 90% of addon makes will disagree with your statement(s).. tounge2.gif

Anyway, this isn't getting off-topic, it's almost fallen of it..

- Ben

That's hardly criticism of the addons themselves.

The True Story of Black Hawk Down

wher can i find that one?

I know many ofp-teams which make additions to OFP on motives of events in Somalia, but did not see any campaign on motives BHD.

TO BHD MOD: You will make campaign or have already made?

I actually made a good Black Hawk Down mission a long time ago that at the time was pretty revolutionary using attachment scripts to add M2's to the BIS humvees and stuff like that. But sadly it went unnoticed. I attempted once to update it, but never finished it.

Whatever the case, aside from the early 90's era Delta and Ranger forces, all of the addons needed for such a mission or campaign have already been made. Just not very many good missions or campaigns have been made.

If I can find the update I was working on maybe I'll finish the update, but right now I'm working on a SEAL mission simulating the recent deaths and rescue of that SEAL team in Afghanistan.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

...Whatever the case, aside from the early 90's era Delta and Ranger forces, all of the addons needed for such a mission or campaign have already been made...

Thanks for being the 40th person to bring that up...Frankly, I couldn't care less if its the 500th set of M16/M4 series rifles. All I care about is that addon-makers, such as myself and the BHD team, are keeping this game alive. The simple answer is, if you disagree with the way a mod is spending their time, get over it and find something else to do with your time other than bitch on here - Note: Thats not aimed at you Miles, your comment was innocent enough, it was aimed at everyone else who saw fit to make posts solely containing "AHMAHGAWD! More M16s!" etc.

Anyway, I'm really liking the weapon models. Looking forward to a release.

...Whatever the case, aside from the early 90's era Delta and Ranger forces, all of the addons needed for such a mission or campaign have already been made...

Thanks for being the 40th person to bring that up...Frankly, I couldn't care less if its the 500th set of M16/M4 series rifles. All I care about is that addon-makers, such as myself and the BHD team, are keeping this game alive. The simple answer is, if you disagree with the way a mod is spending their time, get over it and find something else to do with your time other than bitch on here - Note: Thats not aimed at you Miles, your comment was innocent enough, it was aimed at everyone else who saw fit to make posts solely containing "AHMAHGAWD! More M16s!" etc.

Anyway, I'm really liking the weapon models. Looking forward to a release.

Sorry to break it to you, but, like I said, you are only providing 20 minutes of life to the game, for when the players go in and mess around with the addon, then discard it.

The people who are keeping this game alive are the people who make Finns, Union and Confederates, WWII Soviets and Germans, and even Zombies. And then the people who make missions and campaigns using these innovateive addons, they are the ones who keep this game alive.

So, unless you are going beyond the steps of simple addon-makers and starting the quest for making a Black Hawk Down campaign for your mod, then you are only going to give the game another twenty minutes.

dont get me wrong, i agree that everyone should make what they want with own free time, and i aint goona bitch at anyone whos not making what i want smile_o.gif

but i must also agree that homeless addons (those without campaigns) in mos of cases are fun for 5 mins on desert island, after that we all forget about them.

so.. just want to point out this ... something i got on my mind

BHD MOD PLEASE MAKE LESS ADDONS, JUST THOSE CRITICAL FOR BHD CAMPAIGN, AND PLEASE FOCUSE ON CAMPAIGN...

thanks for letting me write what i think smile_o.gif

I actually made a good Black Hawk Down mission a long time ago that at the time was pretty revolutionary using attachment scripts to add M2's to the BIS humvees and stuff like that.  But sadly it went unnoticed.  I attempted once to update it, but never finished it.

Whatever the case, aside from the early 90's era Delta and Ranger forces, all of the addons needed for such a mission or campaign have already been made.  Just not very many good missions or campaigns have been made.

If I can find the update I was working on maybe I'll finish the update, but right now I'm working on a SEAL mission simulating the recent deaths and rescue of that SEAL team in Afghanistan.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Miles, that BHD mission is probably my favorite of all time! I've been waiting for you to make a re-make with music from the movie etc... now that all the units are avalible.

Laser's Delta and Ranger packs have units that suit that era, and HYK troop pack 1.52 has the rangers aswell.

You gotta do it!!!

Do you know where i can get that mission from? The link on your site doesn't work?

way to go, miles, 4 years on and you're still packing em in! tounge2.gif

Deathsai:-

Quote[/b] ]Sorry to break it to you, but, like I said, you are only providing 20 minutes of life to the game, for when the players go in and mess around with the addon, then discard it.

Are you speaking on behalf of EVERYONE who has downloaded an addon, if so, when was the election held? Or did you ASS U ME ? Just because you played an addon for 20mins doesnt mean everyelse does. Even if it is, so what? Its free and PROBABLY(not a fact) the addonmaker made it only for his mod or himself and thought to share. What you do with it is none of the addonmaker's concern.

Whine all you want, but i must congratulate you for finding out for yourself what your problem is. The next step would be to find a solution, whining aint gonna help. Get hold of the editor, place a few troops and triggers then publish it. Let others comment on your work. No worries, i wont lamblast you, but will help beta test for you, not that i am a good tester for i have pretty low expectations! tounge2.gif

way to go, miles, 4 years on and you're still packing em in! tounge2.gif

Deathsai:-

Quote[/b] ]Sorry to break it to you, but, like I said, you are only providing 20 minutes of life to the game, for when the players go in and mess around with the addon, then discard it.

Are you speaking on behalf of EVERYONE who has downloaded an addon, if so, when was the election held? Or did you ASS U ME ? Just because you played an addon for 20mins doesnt mean everyelse does. Even if it is, so what? Its free and PROBABLY(not a fact) the addonmaker made it only for his mod or himself and thought to share. What you do with it is none of the addonmaker's concern.

Whine all you want, but i must congratulate you for finding out for yourself what your problem is. The next step would be to find a solution, whining aint gonna help. Get hold of the editor, place a few troops and triggers then publish it. Let others comment on your work. No worries, i wont lamblast you, but will help beta test for you, not that i am a good tester for i have pretty low expectations! tounge2.gif

There was a large thread a few weeks back that talked about this exact subject-why there are so few missions in Operation Flashpoint, and yet why people orgasm whenever the 523th Apache or 204th M-4 has been released. There was another large thread, where that wasn't the main topic, but people got talking about why missions weren't being made, and most people said they were just fooling around with addons, never really trying to make a mission.

I can't speak on behalf of everyone, but I can voice the many opinions I've seen.

I'm not whining, I'm wondering what this mod has got that other addons don't already have. It's already been shown that we have all the units required to make a BHD campaign. If the BHD mod team devoted their time to making a good BHD campaign instead of addons that we already have, they'd get a lot more respect and have a much happier community to talk to.

BHD MOD PLEASE MAKE LESS ADDONS, JUST THOSE CRITICAL FOR BHD CAMPAIGN, AND PLEASE FOCUSE ON CAMPAIGN...

That's exactly what we are going to do. smile_o.gif

great! hm... so have you manage to dowlnoad true story of bhd or no? have you find it at least informative?

i need to give a link for this comunity, that they could see it... wink_o.gif

Well, I (and, obviously, most of the community here) would probably be more interested in this mod if you reported on your progress in the campaign.

Well, I (and, obviously, most of the community here) would probably be more interested in this mod if you reported on your progress in the campaign.

Working on campaing will start A-F-T-E-R we have alfa ver. of our island.

and a english site crazy_o.gif

Sorry for bringing this up but in the Mog island dont make it like the game and movie. The city is very low lying. Single story house.

TargetArea.jpg

That the target building a surround areas of the Mog wink_o.gif

who ever is looking for the real story of blackhawk down

get the DVD boxset 3 dvd's

1 with the movie and deleted scenes another with the actors going thourh ranger orintation and a hell lots of other things then on the 3rd one

the real story of black hawk down, frontline ambus on mogadishu

and some other cool things

definately worth it for only 15Å

i got it from amazon.co.uk

@456820- I was gonna buy that but I didnt know what was on it. I was wondering with 3 disk's for 1 movie smile_o.gif

its definately worth bying tons of special features and great price for what your getting