Sign in to follow this  
lukemax

Lightsaber Home video?

Hi all

Was looking on the internet came across a short film of a home video of some guy fighting with a lightsaber with all the sounds and stuff.

Is that special eqipment he has or is it avalible in like a home video kit?

Hi all

Was looking on the internet came across a short film of a home video of some guy fighting with a lightsaber with all the sounds and stuff.

Is that special eqipment he has or is it avalible in like a home video kit?

Was it that fat guy in a dark room?

Well if it looked like a real lightsabre then it was special effects tounge2.gif

Or if it looked like a model then it was either bought or home made.

You can obtain kits to make your own, special tubing and an actual lightsabre handle replica. Cost a bomb though... Å150 - 300 crazy_o.gif

No its special effects, no model type, i just wanted to know how its done

www.fxhome.com - Have a look at that, theres loads of Star Wars inspired stuff (Ammong others)

The programs on there (All around Å40, but all nice to use, Chromanator is very nice) are exactly what you want (Alam DV2 or EffectsLab).

- Ben

Nothin beats http://theforce.net/fanfilms/

biggrin_o.gif

How to make light sabers? I'd guess like George did: Fight around with some sort of sticks and add the glow as an overlay in post-production. Easiest but also labour intensive: Split your movie into frames and paint over the sticks in every frame with a paint program of your choice. Cinepaint (http://cinepaint.sourceforge.net/) might do, since some studios use or even contribute to it.

One of my friends from school claims he knows how to do it. He said he was going to make a movie out of it at some point but Im not sure if he ever did or is still planning on it.

I suppose it could be the one that was on the news not long ago, where 2 guys got long neon lights, covered them in petrol, lit them, and had a fight with them. wink_o.gif

Not sure if it is on the internet, because aparantly one of them lose his hand, and got very serious burns whistle.gif

I'd fell sorry for him if he didn't competely deserve that crazy_o.gif

It's easy to do the effects (Without fire.. tounge2.gif), but takes a long time, editing each frame induvidualy. Alam DV2/Effects Lab is the fastest way, the other way exporting each frame, or using Premier to export a .FLM (Filmstrip) file, open it in Photoshop and make the light sabres there.

- Ben