Sign in to follow this  
DPS -CCCP-

Mi-8 pack - work in progress

anyways any possible release date or close to release date for the mi-8? tounge2.gif I wanna do some high quality russian missions biggrin_o.gif btw what kinda forces are using the choppers?

Like the american rangers and deltas use blackhawks and 'em littlebirds but can you guys tell me anything i should now about the ways of the east wink_o.gif

Mi8 using anywere:) Special operation, transportation, evacuation, convoy supportings, other air supportings.. With the ground forces. Naval infantry usual using Kamov choppers.

@ Dec. 01 2005,17:33)]Mi8 using anywere:) Special operation, transportation, evacuation, convoy supportings, other air supportings.. With the ground forces. Naval infantry usual using Kamov choppers.

The CIA even uses one if afghanistan.

Yes and the UN using its everywere around the world... Africa, Asia and so on...

Man I love your work people! will there be a Our weapons MI-24 hind? in the future, or isn't it planned at all, just a question

MI-8 is used here by commandos,borderguard,rescue operations,and army.

we got other ones too...

Man I love your work people! will there be a Our weapons MI-24 hind? in the future, or isn't it planned at all, just a question

Its very itresting but now we havn't much time to same serious project..Maybe in future, after relase of AA...

BTW, RHS making Mi24. And it looks perfect on screenshots:)

@ Dec. 01 2005,19:17)]

Its very itresting but now we havn't much time to same serious project..Maybe in future, after relase of AA...

BTW, RHS making Mi24. And it looks perfect on screenshots:)

Amen, RHS's one will kick as whenever it gets released. I think making another one is pointless until theres gets released.

Guest major gandhi

will there be a CIA-skin included? something like this:

cia_mi-17_607.jpg

Ah yes, I remember seeing a picture of a russian chopper in US markings in Afghanistan. I thought it rather pointless since people knew that it was a US helicopter, or is there some reason why a Mi-8 in US markings is preferable to a Blackhawk?

Dunno but maybe the mi-8 got better armor against small arms fire, a rpg or something would probably do the same stuff like it would do to a blackhawk tounge2.gif

what kind of versions will you make it in?

And a small plea, can you make some cool scripts like the bas blackhawk has like fast roping, call for extraction if you are grouped with the chopper and stuff like that smile_o.gif Its those things that also can make editors to choose one chopper instead of another , though judging by graphics i would pick yours anytime biggrin_o.gif

Also whats the difference between this one and the mi-17 in BIS ofp? Yeah what versions will you make of the chopper? Like what weapons and camo's & stuff like that will they have?

mi-8_cia_afghanistan_001.jpg

This Russian-made Mi-8 is operated in Afghanistan by the CIA for special operations and search and rescue missions.

Dunno but maybe the mi-8 got better armor against small arms fire, a rpg or something would probably do the same stuff like it would do to a blackhawk tounge2.gif

what kind of versions will you make it in?

And a small plea, can you make some cool scripts like the bas blackhawk has like fast roping, call for extraction if you are grouped with the chopper and stuff like that smile_o.gif Its those things that also can make editors to choose one chopper instead of another , though judging by graphics i would pick yours anytime biggrin_o.gif

Also whats the difference between this one and the mi-17 in BIS ofp? Yeah what versions will you make of the chopper? Like what weapons and camo's & stuff like that will they have?

AFAIK the OW Mi-8's will have some never before seen features so no need to ask smile_o.gif.

Thx Soul_Assasin for fast reply! smile_o.gif

sitting in school and not feeling very productive but got a idea , what about being able to transport motorcycle and ammo crates and fuel barrels in the chopper?

think about this scenario, you are out in battlefield, and have fought of many enemies both armored and infantery and you discover **** no anti tank rounds or we need fuel tounge2.gif

then you do the radio 0-0-0 for an example or some action menu thingy and call for the mi-8 to drop you a fuel barrel or a couple biggrin_o.gif and Ammo crates.

A motorcycle would be cool to have for some spetnaz jobs like hit & run or assasinations maybe. Dunno if you can use the littlebirds scripting for carrying the bas KLR bikes or any motorcycle or cycle class vehicle that fits in the cargo bay of the chopper. I know the mi-26 can carry apc's and stuff but sometimes you just want something smaller and faster & easier to fly you know wink_o.gif

Mi-8s and Mi-17s are typically troop-lifts, although they do carry out ammunition resupplies. Not so sure about fuel resupply though, although if there is an Mi-26MTZ (refuel bird) it stands to reason that there is an Mi-8 variant with the same task.

It is possible to do this with in-mission scripting. You could take a look at snYpir's very simple MP/SP support pack (Check OFPEC), which is hugely customizable, to see what I mean for example.

A motorcycle would be cool to have for some spetnaz jobs

As I know, there no any using of motorcycles in Soviet army, especialy cpecial operations:) I know that there were some bycycles in army, in airfield's stuff, for senior sergeants, who want to get fast to another corner of airfield smile_o.gif))

P.S. All info about pack will be published in short time.

P.S.2. I do not want to publish relase date, but it soon.:)

P.S.3. Theres no CIA versions yet, maybe in future updates.

Ah yes, I remember seeing a picture of a russian chopper in US markings in Afghanistan. I thought it rather pointless since people knew that it was a US helicopter, or is there some reason why a Mi-8 in US markings is preferable to a Blackhawk?

I don't know, but perhaps the blackhawk can't operate as high as the Mi-8 can. In afghanistan the higher regions can't be reached with blackhwaks (the air get's too thin ad the chopper can't create enough lift to remain airborne).

That's why you see so many Chinooks in Aghanistan, because these can operate at higher altitude.

So perhaps the Mi-8/Mi-17 is a good choise if you want a chopper which is a bit smaller than a chinook, but still capable of operating everywhere.

I can't think of any other reason why they would want to use the Mi-8/Mi-17 instead of their own choppers.

I don't know, but perhaps the blackhawk can't operate as high as the Mi-8 can. In afghanistan the higher regions can't be reached with blackhwaks (the air get's too thin ad the chopper can't create enough lift to remain airborne).

That's why you see so many Chinooks in Aghanistan, because these can operate at higher altitude.

So perhaps the Mi-8/Mi-17 is a good choise if you want a chopper which is a bit smaller than a chinook, but still capable of operating everywhere.

I can't think of any other reason why they would want to use the Mi-8/Mi-17 instead of their own choppers.

Don't forget, there have been various pieces of Russian hardware being used by the US both in-country or domestic for a lot longer than OEF has been going on. Just because "everyone" knows about them now doesn't mean they didn't have their value at an earlier time. Also, I wouldn't count on your local goat farmer to be able to tell the difference between a US-owned aircraft or someone elses. If it's not new and shiny American hardware, it tends to blend in much nicer (just look at everything that goes on in C. and S. America).

how's project status anyways? How much longer will it take until its releasable smile_o.gif

Btw i loved your Mi-2's still keep 'em in my addons folder wink_o.gif

they are great fun to face especially when i have fixed some group lik scripting for them and are being hunted by lots of ground troops and also the mi-2's come dropping off troops and go search after us and spray off 'em cannon shots and PK fire pistols.gif i think its the closest to a littlebird for the east side i have found biggrin_o.gif

Got some info Service Ceiling on the Mi-8 and Blackhawk

Mi-8 Service ceiling: 14,760 ft

Blackhawk Service ceiling: 19,510 ft

Now these might be wrong now since newer versions have come out, but i just thought would post up some info. The site where I got it from looked a little old so I don't know.

Also the hovering ceiling for the blackhawk:

95°F 7,650 ft

70°F 9,375 ft

Standard Day 11,125 ft

Now you can tell a difference. tounge2.gif

Cheers wink_o.gif

@ Dec. 06 2005,09:41)]Relase is very, very very soon:)

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Ah, Mi-26, Mi-2, Mi-8...The perfect line-up!

Out of interest (and I apologise if you've been asked already), but will you be updating the Mi-2 to the same ludicrous standard as the Mi-26 and Mi-8? It's nice, but not in the same league as your later models methinks smile_o.gif.