Sign in to follow this  
Maximus-Sniper

[RAST]Sniper Pack

Ok, something like this: http://www.altrec.com/shop/detail/19144/#

but perhaps just a bit lower, and less pointed at the top. It should be rounded, like a mound of earth, about 2m x 2m long/wide, and half a meter high at the top. It should be higher at one end than the other, like the tent in the picture. You could make it a little shorter in length, only covering the head, back, and upper thighs, of the team lying prone underneath. There should be at least two small bushes, or clumps of grass, from the editor. The sniper lies under the tent, on his belly, with the rifle poking out from between the two bushes. I think grass would work better, IMO. Infact, you could make the thing look like a small grassy mound of earth.

The outer edges of the net should be flush with the ground. That means they should gently slope down to the ground, and sink down into it at the edge. The tent/net should look like a very small hill, with little bits of grass growing out of it, here and there, and a couple small bushes in front of the open end.

I guess the opening would kind of resemble a low, wide cave at the base of a very small hill. The entrance of the cave is partially covered by a little grass, or bushes. the sniper lives on his belly in the cave, with his rifle poking out towards the surrounding terrain.

Are you getting my description now?

I guess one question is, when its built is it big enough to cover both shooters side by side? Either team member should be able to construct the hide site with the action menu. And it should be wide enough so that it covers both of them at the same time.

Hi FerretFangs:)

Ok i understand your description. But that gonna be a problem in OFP. If i add some grass or bushes on the bottom on the camo cottage, like this nice draw from me smile_o.gif

Don't laugh  of my pic, hehe  rofl.gif

camo_cottage_problem.JPG

Than we got a problem, so i don't think we can add grasses and bushes. But i can make the camo cottage like this pic you gave me smile_o.gif

Thanks smile_o.gif

Maximus-Sniper

Maybe you should check this nets too for other different ones, just for inspiration.

I'm not saying they good or bad, that you should download them and use them. No, just that you could check them out and see if after you done with your net, you could add another bunch of crawl net. biggrin_o.gif

They won't work in the seating position, but they are not bad for the lying down position. Just an idea.

Regards.

@CERO.

Atually, I think that the net covering the ammo crate is PERFECT. Just add some bushes and/or grass in front of the opening, and make it wide enough for two men side by side, and you've got it.

Maybe you should check this nets too for other different ones, just for inspiration.

I'm not saying they good or bad, that you should download them and use them. No, just that you could check them out and see if after you done with your net, you could add another bunch of crawl net. biggrin_o.gif

They won't work in the seating position, but they are not bad for the lying down position. Just an idea.

Regards.

@CERO.

Hi @cero smile_o.gif

Thanks for that link smile_o.gif Lot's of nice tents there smile_o.gif

Maximus-Sniper

Hi all smile_o.gif

<span style='color:red'>New Update</span>

Ok, i was working with the Camo Cottage, and now i have added some grass and bushes in the front of Camo Cottage smile_o.gif

Camo_Cottage_New.JPG

Camo_Cottage_New_2.JPG

Camo_Cottage_New_3.JPG

Hope you all like it? smile_o.gif

@FerretFangs

It's the Camo Cottage OK now? What do you think? smile_o.gif

As you can see, it still a bit high, but that have something with the terrain. Other places it's look not so high. smile_o.gif

Maximus-Sniper

Camo Cottage, LOL, that's funny. Yeah, it looks good. But is there any way to make it lower, and make it without a peaked roof? I mean, it's a tent, you know? But a sniper's hide doesn't look like a tent. Did you see the net I was talking about? This one:

cc_bunkcam_002.jpg

I'm telling you, resize it a little, make green, desert, and possibly snow textures for the netting, and put some bushes down in front of the opening, and you're done. It's that easy man.

At least try it and see how it looks, and then ask other people if you want other opinions. Just give it a chance.

Hi smile_o.gif

Ok i change the Camo Cottage to this one, and i think this one are the finale version of this camo cottage. I'm gonna make a desert and winter to smile_o.gif

Camo_Cottage_New_4.JPG

Camo_Cottage_New_5.JPG

Maximus-Sniper

Yes, I did send you that. I just didn't think you would take me that literally. Dude, I don't want to tell you you what to do, I'm not an addon maker, and this project is yours. I just want to give you ideas, and suggestions. But you don't have to follow them. You do what you think is best.

Anyway, I was trying to find you a picture which might give you an idea of what a sniper hide might look like in OFP. They don't look anything like a tent in real life. They look like the ground, or a rock or a bush, anything other than a place for a sniper to shoot from.

HOLY COW TURD BATMAN!!! THATS IT! yay.gif

See how easy that was? Lets see some more screenies. One thing... You see that loooooooong uncamouflaged gun barrel sticking out of the grass? Someone might notice that.... nener.gif

so, what you could do, is just make about three more feet ( one meter ) of grass in front of the camo cottage.

HOLY COW TURD BATMAN!!! THATS IT! yay.gif

See how easy that was? Lets see some more screenies. One thing... You see that loooooooong uncamouflaged gun barrel sticking out of the grass? Someone might notice that....  nener.gif  

so, what you could do, is just make about three more feet ( one meter ) of grass in front of the camo cottage.

Hi smile_o.gif

Hehe... Nice to hear you like it tounge2.gif

About more grass, i think maybe we got a problem to put more grass in the front... we may have problem to use the scope and look through the grass. But i gonna gave it a try, and see if i can see any enemy with more grass in front of the camo cottage wink_o.gif

Thanks for your ideas smile_o.gif

Maximus-Sniper

Or, you could of course use camouflage on the weapons, I think I've seen some camo'ed rifles being used by your snipers. ABout the grass problem, you could do with just a little more grass in depth. And it might look a bit better from the front and sides if the grass was a bit higher, and provided coverage of the front and sides of the hide. You just want to make it look natural, like a little cluster of weeds and brush. Hell, you could even make them rose bushes as long as no one expected there are people underneath

And down in the darkness of the hide, are the two snipers waiting to strike.... And then, *BANG* and two seconds later a thousand meters in the distance, General Guba's head explodes like a mellon hit with a sledge hammer.

wow_o.gif

wow these are great now i couldnt actually see the net of that first pic apart from the barel try and make some more camo all the way to the end apart from the flash hider then this will be one of the best sniper packs ive ever seen well actually it already is great work

Hi smile_o.gif

Some more pic of the camo cottage with litle more grass on the sides. I think i'm finish with this one wink_o.gif

(200 meters away from the camo cottage)

Camo_Cottage_New_6.JPG

(Waithing for General Guba)

Camo_Cottage_New_7.JPG

(Waithing here to)

Camo_Cottage_New_8.JPG

I have put some more grass on the side of the camo cottage opning. I did't put anything in front, than you got a problem to use the scope becouse of all the grass in front, so i figured it the best place to add on the sides smile_o.gif

Maximus-Sniper

great work i think i can see it on pic one but im not to sure so that is good if i cant really see it now whats the odds a dumb ai soldier could

are you going to add any more camofluage onto the barrel because in those pics the barrel is what gives you away

great work i think i can see it on pic one but im not to sure so that is good if i cant really see it now whats the odds a dumb ai soldier could

are you going to add any more camofluage onto the barrel because in those pics the barrel is what gives you away

Hi smile_o.gif

Well, i don't think i'm gonna add camo on the barrel on a M82A1A.. haven't seen that before. And i have test it with the camo Coattage and a group with enemy soldiers, they went straight past 3 - 4 meters without have notice me, hehe smile_o.gif

cool sounds great i thought there was like a west present trigger around the ai they seem to be that damn good close by lol

also are you using the effects for the barett wich creates a dust cloud well a realy small one around the floor when you are prone and creates smaoke out of the barrel once shot ?

OK, let me get this straight... You've got a deployable, two-man sniper hide, which can be created through the action menu, by either the sniper, or observer?

It covers them both, provides an incease of camouflage, and they both can shoot from it, when the AI is controlling them?

And you're going to make desert, and snow versions? ( You might also want to do a Tonal jungle version for tropical enviroments, BTW. )

Tell me "yes" to all or most of the above, and I'm going to be a very happy camper.

cool sounds great i thought there was like a west present trigger around the ai they seem to be that damn good close by lol

also are you using the effects for the barett wich creates a dust cloud well a realy small one around the floor when you are prone and creates smaoke out of the barrel once shot ?

Hi smile_o.gif

Yes i'm using dust/shock effect for this M82A1A smile_o.gif

But i have to fix it a bit... it's look a litle bit to big for me with smoke smile_o.gif

Maximus-Sniper

Guest The Cobra
During the Gulf war a US. Navy SEAL sniper registrated a kill at a distance of ca: 2km with this rifle.

1800m is a more excact number wink_o.gif

Really nice work. Downloading it as soon as it arrives  biggrin_o.gif

Leads to my question:

You've made a new anim. Does it replace the standard anim, beacause the M82 has a quite stron recoil so you shouldn't sit like that wen really targetshooting, no offense though.

Does the anim replace an old anim, in that case, wich one?

jese i new 50cal bullets were bif but the size of the mag is radiculous its bigger then my hand almost

OK, let me get this straight... You've got a deployable, two-man sniper hide, which can be created through the action menu, by either the sniper, or observer?

It covers them both, provides an incease of camouflage, and they both can shoot from it, when the AI is controlling them?

And you're going to make desert, and snow versions? ( You might also want to do a Tonal jungle version for tropical enviroments, BTW. )

Tell me "yes" to all or most of the above, and I'm going to be a very happy camper.

Hi FerretFangs smile_o.gif

Yes, you can make this camo cottage with the Action Menu. And you can also tell the observer or sniper to bulid the camo cottage when u are using the Team menu for the observer or sniper.

But i'm not sure the Sniper AI will build this camo coattage and hide himselfs inside. Than i think i need a script for it. So this is only for your use when you are playing. And the enemy AI will not see you if they are just 3 -4 meters away from your camo coattage smile_o.gif

I'm going to make this camo cottage in desert and winter version to. But first i have to make my sniper in desert and winter version to. But i take that later smile_o.gif

hmm, what that "Tonal jungle version for tropical enviroments" hehe

Quote[/b] ]

And down in the darkness of the hide, are the two snipers waiting to strike.... And then, *BANG* and two seconds later a thousand meters in the distance, General Guba's head explodes like a mellon hit with a sledge hammer.  

- FerretFangs ,waithing for one shot one kill at the General Guba. In the new Camo Coattage wink_o.gif

Maximus-Sniper

jese i new 50cal bullets were bif but the size of the mag is radiculous its bigger then my hand almost

Hi smile_o.gif

hehe yes, they are big smile_o.gif

borerider.JPG

smile_o.gif

During the Gulf war a US. Navy SEAL sniper registrated a kill at a distance of ca: 2km with this rifle.

1800m is a more excact number wink_o.gif

Really nice work. Downloading it as soon as it arrives  biggrin_o.gif

Leads to my question:

You've made a new anim. Does it replace the standard anim, beacause the M82 has a quite stron recoil so you shouldn't sit like that wen really targetshooting, no offense though.

Does the anim replace an old anim, in that case, wich one?

Hi The Cobra

hehe, well i'm not realy sure about that distance, but it was from an article i found smile_o.gif

Yes, this new anim will replace the kneeing position smile_o.gif I don't think you can stay or sit like that and shoot with a M82A1A...it's realy pain i think... normaly they laying down when they firing with a M82A1A. smile_o.gif

Nice sig you got tounge2.gif

Maximus-Sniper

wow big

anyway i noticed from the videos a few things

1) top left it has armour and fuel how about just a health bar ?

2) the action menu is now a bit big how about just one saying extra features then in that you have all the things apart from the firstaid kit

3) this isnt really a problem just a suggestin in normal ofp when you get shot your health doesnt go down so how about a script that makes it go down acording to where you are hit and more or less is taken off ?

ive got a script wich we could probaly use if still interested just reply or pm me

the pack is looking great

but youre not having any plant or shrubs at the front of the camo net why not just have some thin grass that would look pretty cool and wouldnt effect view much