Sign in to follow this  
Maximus-Sniper

[RAST]Sniper Pack

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>Sniper Pack has never been releast for OFP, so I'm gonna convert it to ArmA.</span>

******************************************************************************************

- Unit -

- One west side Sniper

- Weapons -

- Barrett M82A1A (SASR) .cal 50 (12.7x99) Special Application Scoped Rifle. Special thanks to King Homer for his model and texture wink_o.gif (I have done some change)

- Beretta 92F SD 9mm Handgun for Sniper and Observer. Thanks to Jackal326, Loc-Dog and Spydr for the model and texture smile_o.gif

- Assault Rifle SOPMOD M4A1 ACGO 4x Scope M203 40mm grenade launcher for the observer. Special thanks to STGN for his model, texture and values :-) <span style='color:red'><--- Update 05.07.2005</span>

- Scope -

- 10-24x80 AO /w camo

Now you can easy kill a man at 1800 meters

- Ammo -

- M33 Ball 12.7x99mm (Against personnel and light materiel targets)

- MP NM140 12.7mm x 99

- MP-T NM160 12.7mm x 99 (Tracer RED)

MP NM140 - MP-T NM160 "The round combines armor-piercing, explosive, and incendiary effects and uses a highly effective pyrotechnically initiated fuze that delays detonation of the main projectile charge until after initial target penetration--moving projectile fragmentation and damage effect inside the target for maximum anti-personnel and fire start effect. While the round can be used in sniper rifles similar to the Barrett M82A1/XM107, it has the equivalent firing power of a 20 mm projectile to include such targets as helicopters, aircraft, light armour vehicles, ships and light fortifications, and can ignite JP4 and JP8 military jet fuel."

- Other -

- Added Self Heal (First Aid)

- Added Sniper Slow (Like Matrix)

- Added M82A1 Shock/Dust Effect

- Added Enemy Death Camera

- Added Enemy Hit Dammage

- AI -

- I made a super AI. That's mean he can kill you if you are 1800 meters away from him, but that is the max range. All inside a range og 1830 meters will be killed.

In real life, the Barrett M82A1A have a effective range at 1830 meters.

During the Gulf war a US. Navy SEAL sniper registrated a kill at a distance of ca: 2km with this rifle.

In one case, the crews of two Iraqi BMPs surrendered after an USMC sniper destroyed a third BMP w/ two shots from his Barrett at approximately 2 kilometers.

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>Work Board:</span>

-- Self Heal (First Aid) <span style='color:blue'>(100% Done)</span>

-- Sniper Slow (Like Matrix) <span style='color:blue'>(100% Done)</span>

-- M82A1 Shock/Dust Effect <span style='color:blue'>(100% Done)</span>

-- Enemy Death Camera (On/Off Switch) Thanks to Lean Bear, 456820 and Planck <span style='color:blue'>(100% Done)</span>

PS! You need to make one "Trigger" to get this script to work. You need to change the Axis a and b to 9999 or whatever and Activation (East or Anybody).

-- Scope 10-24x80 AO /w camo (98% Done)

-- Sniper man with burlap Suit(98% Done) Special thanks to nephilim for this incredible nice burlap suit.

-- Scope reticule (85% Done)

-- Enemy Hit Dammage <span style='color:blue'>(100% Done)</span> Thanks to nephilim for giving me a helping hand here

-- Vehicle Hit Dammage (25% Done) <span style='color:red'>Paused</span>

-- New animation for this sniper (only included in this pack)<span style='color:blue'>(100% Done)</span> Special thanks to Sanctuary for working with this Anim

-- New Camo Cottage with Grass and Bushes (In Action Menu/Make and Take)<span style='color:blue'>(100% Done)</span>

-- Added Red Tracer only for MP-T NM160 12.7mm x 99 ammo.<span style='color:blue'>(100% Done)</span> Thanks to UNN for this script help.

-- New pistol animation for this sniper (Will replace the old one)<span style='color:blue'>(100% Done)</span> Special thanks to Sanctuary.

-- Working with the observer <span style='color:blue'>(60% Done)</span>

- To Do List -

- Make east sniper

- Add Observer

- Make some more different ammo

- Add switch On/Off camo/Ghillie ??

******************************************************************************************

Best Regards

Maximus-Sniper

To qoute Peter griffin of family guy, this is freakin sweet.

Like the effects idea, will add alot of fun.

er...

shall this be a ghillie/jute/burlap suit???

honestly it looks like a walking bush to me..

just like any otehr sniping units in ofp....

why dont u make a ghille (juet etc) like its done in rl....

there are several sniper addons that look like yours

no offense really

just some constructive critics

er...

honestly it looks like a walking bush to me..

just like any otehr sniping units in ofp....

why dont u make a ghille (juet etc) like its done in rl....

there are several sniper addons that look like yours

no offense really

just some constructive critics

Hi smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

I like the "BushMan" style  tounge_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

But later, sometime i'm gonna try to make a ghillie, jute or burlap Sniper smile_o.gif

good to hear

although i never seen bush camo on snipers.. :P

Hi smile_o.gif

Now i'm working with some script smile_o.gif Still got some small problems with the "Enemy Death Camera" script. But i hope soon it's gonna work smile_o.gif

And i'm working with the Scope (reticle). I'm gonna add some distance info(found out how fare the enemy are) and add some small dots inside the reticle to make a perffect kill, when the target are running etc, hehe

Will put some pic here later smile_o.gif

Maximus-Sniper

no lol i mean hes put real bushes to the sniper

like grass clumps

a camo suit doesnt really onyl consist of grass clumps

but u add some local flora things to teh suit to make it fit the environment

on the picture u can see ghille/burlap suit

how about other styled suits?

like a bushrag suit o synthetic one

The programm looks good (Bullet Camera, Sniper Slow, M82A1 Shock/Dust Effect,...), but the videos made me wondering...

What is the initspeed of your AP 12.7x99mm ammunition ? 1800 ? 2000 ? rock.gif

At 1800m, your bullet's flight time is equal or less than 1 second, when in reality, a 12.7mm M33 Ball, fired from a M82 with an initial velocity of 854 m/s, would need more than two seconds (2.1 seconds without velocity loss) crazy_o.gif

Hi SPQR smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

What is the initspeed of your AP 12.7x99mm ammunition ? 1800 ? 2000 ?

Now i'm using 3500 in initspeed for some testing in the Bullet Cam part  biggrin_o.gif

I'm gonna put the realy initspeed later (854 m/s) wink_o.gif

And i'm gonna make some more ammo for this M82A1 later smile_o.gif

I'm soon finsih with the " Enemy Death Cam" to biggrin_o.gif

Maximus-Sniper

Best initspeed for 1800m range is 1555 m/s, I've tested it a long time until I got the correct speed. 3500 is a way too much? Even 120mm APFSDS rounds aren't that fast. And with 854m/s the scope would be too small, you could fire around 800m, everything else would be out of sight.

//edit

Indeed, looks like my M82A1, just with the scope modified and some camo on it....

Hi all smile_o.gif

<span style='color:Red'>New Update</span>

- Added a new movie under "Small Movies"

Here can you see how the "Enemy Death Camera" work when you press "Death Cam On" in the Action Menu  tounge_o.gifwink_o.gif

Maximus-Sniper

Hi all smile_o.gif

@nephilim

Aaa realy nice model, I LIKE IT  tounge_o.gif  tounge_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

But i'm not so good in modeling yet, so that wil take me years to make  sad_o.gif

But realy nice wink_o.gif

/me maybe buy it  tounge_o.gif

Hei smile_o.gif

@nephilim

Ok, lol sounds great  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

<span style='color:Red'>Update</span>

Ok, i change the ammo to M33 Ball, this one have a Muzzle Velocity at 2,910 fps (887 mps) little bit faster than M2 Ball. But i found out it's gonna be a litle problem with the initspeed at 887 and hit a target at 2000 meters  sad_o.gif

As you can see here in this table:

M33.JPG

Allmost 5 sek  wow_o.gif  wow_o.gif  at 2000 meters smile_o.gif

Well the problem is now my scope zoom, i use 55xZoom anf if i gonna hit that man at 2000 meters, i have to point the rifle 45 degrees up.That's if i use initspeed 887 m/s maybe i gonna use 2910 fps in the initspeed, hehe match better and you don't need to wait 5 sek before you hit that man  tounge_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

But maybe someome know how i can set up the scope to work at thet speed of 887 m/s with 55xZoom Scope. I have this values now:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

opticsZoomMin=0.01;

opticsZoomMax=0.12;

//distanceZoomMin=1830;

//distanceZoomMax=2500;

I know opticsZoomMin and Max are correct for 55xZoom but i'm not sure about distanceZoomMin and Max rock.gif

I have forgot how i did that part again  rock.gif

Maybe someone know how i can fix that ??  biggrin_o.gif

Thanks smile_o.gif

Maximus-Sniper

Hi all smile_o.gif

<span style='color:red'>New small update</span>

I had a problem with a initspeed of 887 m/s to make a kill at 1800 meters  sad_o.gif  But i found another ammo type called SLAP for .50 cal and this ammo have a muzzle velocity of 4000 fps (1219 m/s) so i test that in my initspeed and change my scope zoom to 24x, now you can easy kill a man at 1800 meters smile_o.gif Take a look  biggrin_o.gif

- Running Target at 1800 meters with new ammo smile_o.gif

So what you think, should i use this ammo? I's more realistic smile_o.gif

Thanks

Maximus-Sniper

Well, first of all, nice shot, not an easy one wink_o.gif

From memory, the SLAP ammunition, APDS type, is used against unarmord and light armored vehicles. But nothing forbids you to use them against a man.

When shooting the video, did you used SLAP or M33 ammo ? As it is the ammo name, on the left upper part of the screen : M33 Ball 12.7x99mm 10/5

6 clips for .50 ammo within 10 equipment slots ? Aren't they too small. In reality, one single Barret clip is nearly as big as two M16 clips

Quote[/b] ]So what you think, should i use this ammo? I's more realistic

Why not both ? Increase dirdamage value enough to damage lightly more efficiently light vehicles for the SLAP ammo, for exemple.

Moreover, you could create all the ammo type and associated clips being used by the rifle : ball, API, APEI, SLAP,...

With that, an ammo box (even using BIS default ammo box) containing all kinds of ammo clips. The sniper would be able to choose the best adapted ammo for his mission.

SLAP ammo clips should be scarsely available, or everybody would choose only this kind of ammo. wink_o.gif

Hi SPQR smile_o.gif

Hehe thanks, lucky shot tounge_o.giftounge_o.giftounge_o.gif

I did use the speed from the SLAP in the M33 Ball, it was for difficult to use the real M33 Ball speed in OFP, but i have read alot of .50 cal ammo and the SALP hvae the highest speed and they other have atound 2910 fps 2950 fps, thats a blit slow to hit that man at 1800 meters, so i think i gonna use the SLAP speed on the M33 Ball. The M33 Ball, M8 API and M20 API-T have the same speed (887 m/s) thats mean i have to change my scope to 10x or 14x to kill that man, but it's more difficult to see him and kill him, because the man it's to small tounge_o.gif

(10-shot detachable box magazine) I use 6 magazines with 10-shot on each and the SLAP i have 4 magazines with 10-shot on each.

Maybe i gonna add M8 API and M20 API-T ammo to, but i need to found out the damage of each ammo rock.gif

I found out it's 19 different ammo for .50 cal:

M1 HPT, M1 Blank, M1 Incendiary, M1 Tracer, M1A1 Blank, M2 Ball, M2 AP, M2 Dummy, M8 API, M10 Tracer, M17 Tracer, M20 API-T, M23 Incendiary, M33 Ball, M858 Plastic Practice, M860 Plastic Practice-T, M903 SLAP, M962 SLAP-T and MK211 Mod 0 API.

But the speed most be 1219 m/s biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif