Sign in to follow this  
Maximus-Sniper

[RAST]Sniper Pack

ferretfangs:

over at milphotos there was a topic about snipers in iraq, and many of them showed pictures of "our weapons" and for a sniper team there were 2 m4's and 2 pistols and 1 sniper rifle! 1 m4 kitted out for spotter with harris and uber scope, but the other one was also kitted out with acog and laser and stuff..

Besides snipers dont allways have their ghillie suit on!

With wearing it sure they wont have a sec weapon. Because it doesnt fit underneath the bushy. But I wasnt talking out of meh a.. about the m4. Lots of pictures show snipers haveing a propper weapon to defend themselves. Eventhough they also have a spotter. The spotter cant take on many targets by himself when the shit hits the fan and I think 2 m4's would be a very good idea... Instead of the sniper hiding behind a wall while the spotter try's to take out enemy. And a pistol wont help you at medium ranges..

edit

Ill see if I can find some pics...  thumbs-up.gif

http://media.militaryphotos.net/photos/albums/album80/aaj.sized.jpg

Gun on his back

http://media.militaryphotos.net/photos/albums/album80/aad.sized.jpg

Barely visible next to the dude!

http://media.militaryphotos.net/photos/albums/album80/aca.sized.jpg

Some more firepower even

edit

Im not trying to be smartarse here, just mentioning that Ive seen snipers with their own m4's. Not only the spotter has it. Yes in most cases he probally will have it...

Are you going to only make the sniper btw? because a spotter with him would be very cool! With a m4 with spotting scope like the one in the M4 pack!

Also in the dutch army we have the laser range finder binoculars, just press a button and you see the range in the screen! Can something like that be made?

It would be nice if someone could find a way for a sniper to carry a backup weapon (M4, MP5) (in his "launcher" slot) as well as his sniper rifle. I know a few people have looked into this, but AFAIK no one has pulled it off. Maybe through scripts?

It would be nice if someone could find a way for a sniper to carry a backup weapon (M4, MP5) (in his "launcher" slot) as well as his sniper rifle. I know a few people have looked into this, but AFAIK no one has pulled it off. Maybe through scripts?

Hi Major Fubar smile_o.gif

Yeah, it's possible to use the secondary weapon slot as a primary weapon slot. Only thing we have to do it's change the anim for the launcher and make it as the same anim as the primary use smile_o.gif But i need a anim maker, hehe smile_o.gif

ferretfangs:

over at milphotos there was a topic about snipers in iraq, and many of them showed pictures of "our weapons" and for a sniper team there were 2 m4's and 2 pistols and 1 sniper rifle! 1 m4 kitted out for spotter with harris and uber scope, but the other one was also kitted out with acog and laser and stuff..

Besides snipers dont allways have their ghillie suit on!

With wearing it sure they wont have a sec weapon. Because it doesnt fit underneath the bushy. But I wasnt talking out of meh a.. about the m4. Lots of pictures show snipers haveing a propper weapon to defend themselves. Eventhough they also have a spotter. The spotter cant take on many targets by himself when the shit hits the fan and I think 2 m4's would be a very good idea... Instead of the sniper hiding behind a wall while the spotter try's to take out enemy. And a pistol wont help you at medium ranges..

edit

Ill see if I can find some pics...  thumbs-up.gif

http://media.militaryphotos.net/photos/albums/album80/aaj.sized.jpg

Gun on his back

http://media.militaryphotos.net/photos/albums/album80/aad.sized.jpg

Barely visible next to the dude!

http://media.militaryphotos.net/photos/albums/album80/aca.sized.jpg

Some more firepower even

edit

Im not trying to be smartarse here, just mentioning that Ive seen snipers with their own m4's. Not only the spotter has it. Yes in most cases he probally will have it...

Are you going to only make the sniper btw? because a spotter with him would be very cool! With a m4 with spotting scope like the one in the M4 pack!

Also in the dutch army we have the laser range finder binoculars, just press a button and you see the range in the screen! Can something like that be made?

Hi manhunter09

Yeah i can see on those pic the sniper are carrying an m4 as secondary weapon wink_o.gif But is that realistic? I have't seen it before you post those pictures smile_o.gif So this make me a bit insecure. So i think i make this pack with one sniper with one rifle, pistol, (two frags and two smoke) not sure about the frag and smoke. And i'm gonna make an observer, but not suer if i'm gonna release this first beta with observer. It's a more work with a observer. smile_o.gif

Maximus-Sniper

Also, don't forget about being able to use the hand gun slot to give the player a small full automatic weapon like an MP5K, or a Scorpion, or a Ingram, etc.

The H&K pack by Lobo team done that very well in some weapons.

I know you wouldn't be able to have another hand gun, but is all about choice. And maybe some of you think is not real and acurate to have one of them weapons in a sniper, but I think it will get used by players and editors to be able to have more fire power if the need arises.

BTW, Maximus-Sniper, is this pack going to be based in USA and Russian snipers, or are you going to work in different other set ups from other countries and maybe some ficticional ones in resistance side?

Regards.

@CERO.

hey had a bit to read there, i wouldnt chose an M4 as a secondary more like an MP5 K or MP5 K-PDW as they are both small and light have upto 30 round mag can fire Semi, Auto, 2 or 3 round burst and have a quick rate of fire

here is an Mp5 K

http://remtek.com/arms/hk/mil/mp5k/mp5k.htm

and an Mp5 K-PDW (the same but with a foldabal stock

http://www.machinegun.pl/sklep/images/tm_mp5k_pdw.jpg

and as for a secondary i wouldnt use a Mk23 i would like to go with a .45 but neither of them seem to suit him so i would go with a Beretta M92f SD a silenced M9 it has a higer mag capacity small and lighter than the others

also how about an option to take silencer of and on ?

like on the mission operation Black mamba if youve played it

by the way i wouldnt recomend an Mp5 as a secondary i would just have the sidearm and primary weapon

@manhunter09, Yes, I know that snipers are operating as four-man teams in Iraq, and that they are carrying M4's in addition to a bolt-action, but that's ENTIRELY a different type of mission for a sniper. The four-man teams are operating in an urban enviroment, and are not ranging very far from their command post, and friendly forces.

Maximus-Sniper has done a ghillie-suited USMC-style scout sniper. The classic, two-man, Tom Berringer movie type of snipers that operate as two man teams, behind enemy lines, far from any support. And in the woods, and tall grass, ghillie-suited sniper teams carry one bolt-action rifle, one automatic weapon, two pistols, and a handfull of grenades. Aside from all the other gear they have to bring, thats ALL they have. That's reality. They travel light, and bring just what they need to do the job. Typically that is to interdict a specific target, and/or targets of opportunity, with ONE well-placed, long-range shot, and then-get the Hell out of Dodge, so they can live to do it again a few days later. The M4 never even comes into play, because if they've done things correctly, the pair wouldnt be seen by any of the enemy within automatic weapon range.

If they do see a large number of troops, and the team can take the time to manage it, they have comms they can use to direct air, and artillery strikes on the enemy forces. The snipers themselves may only be directly responsible for a single enemy KIA. But armed with a radio, binoculars/LD, a compass, and a map, they can kill hundreds. It's happened before, and on battlefields like A-stan, it's still happening this way.

Now, there are TONS of urban sniper addons already, from dozens of addon makers, armed with a variety of weapons.

But there are VERY few half-way DECENT ghillie snipers, like Maximus-Sniper is doing here. He seems to want it to be realistic, as opposed to some Counterstrike repesentation of what a sniper is.

Yes Ferret, that's a good point.

I ques I was thinking too much about urban snipers, there is plenty of them, almost every infantry addon have at list one.

I supose it would be easyer and faster to create them as you saying, and there would be less buggs too.

Lets see what Maximus-Sniper comes out with, in the end of the day is his addon biggrin_o.gif

Regards.

@CERO.

Hi mates smile_o.gif

Sorry i did't write back. I was working with some scripts and added Beretta-92F SD to the sniper and the upcomming observer smile_o.gif

Beretta-92F_SD.JPG

Beretta-92F_SD_2.JPG

Beretta-92F_SD_1.JPG

And i made a small movie. it will show you how the Beretta-92F SD work in action wink_o.gif

- Beretta-92F SD in action

Maximus-Sniper

@manhunter09, Yes, I know that snipers are operating as four-man teams in Iraq, and that they are carrying M4's in addition to a bolt-action, but that's ENTIRELY a different type of mission for a sniper. The four-man teams are operating in an urban enviroment, and are not ranging very far from their command post, and friendly forces.

Maximus-Sniper has done a ghillie-suited USMC-style scout sniper. The classic, two-man, Tom Berringer movie type of snipers that operate as two man teams, behind enemy lines, far from any support. And in the woods, and tall grass, ghillie-suited sniper teams carry one bolt-action rifle, one automatic weapon, two pistols, and a handfull of grenades. Aside from all the other gear they have to bring, thats ALL they have. That's reality. They travel light, and bring just what they need to do the job. Typically that is to interdict a specific target, and/or targets of opportunity, with ONE well-placed, long-range shot, and then-get the Hell out of Dodge, so they can live to do it again a few days later. The M4 never even comes into play, because if they've done things correctly, the pair wouldnt be seen by any of the enemy within automatic weapon range.

If they do see a large number of troops, and the team can take the time to manage it, they have comms they can use to direct air, and artillery strikes on the enemy forces. The snipers themselves may only be directly responsible for a single enemy KIA. But armed with a radio, binoculars/LD, a compass, and a map, they can kill hundreds. It's happened before, and on battlefields like A-stan, it's still happening this way.  

Now, there are TONS of urban sniper addons already, from dozens of addon makers, armed with a variety of weapons.

But there are VERY few half-way DECENT ghillie snipers, like  Maximus-Sniper is doing here. He seems to want it to be realistic, as opposed to some Counterstrike repesentation of what a sniper is.

Hi FerretFangs.

Thanks for your coments wink_o.gif

Yeah this pack gonna allmost look like the movies sniper with Tom Berringer tounge2.gif

This pack is not ment for playing "rambo" in OFP.. more ment for some cool long sniper mission or sniper campaigns if someone like to make that tounge2.gif

Maximus-Sniper

Sweet........ I just checked out the video....  notworthy.gif

When this pack comes out, I am totally going to spend all day playin around with these guys. biggrin_o.gif

Sweet........ I just checked out the video....  notworthy.gif

When this pack comes out, I am totally going to spend all day playin around with these guys.  biggrin_o.gif

Hi -Marine_Sniper-

Nice to hear that smile_o.gif Hope u gonna like it when it released wink_o.gif

Maximus-Sniper

Hi all smile_o.gif

<span style='color:red'>New Update</span>

I have added a new pistol position that will replace the old one. Thanks to Sanctuary for this new pistol anim position for my sniper wink_o.gif

As you can see, the pic on the right side are from the movie "Sniper" with Tom Berenger. wink_o.gif Sanctuary did a exact copy of his position, amaizing work again wink_o.gif

new_pistol_anim.JPG

Hope u like the new pistol position? I lovet it tounge2.giftounge2.gif

Maximus-Sniper

I remember that part, when he couldn't even pull the trigger because his finger was missing.. Great movie. I really like the work you've been doing with this, cannot wait for release smile_o.gif

...and as for a secondary i wouldnt use a Mk23 i would like to go with a .45

I was under the impression the MK23 USSOCOM WAS a .45 Calibre handgun...

Anyway, that new pistol animation looks awesome, and has been one that I've wanted in OFP since I first saw the film 'Sniper'. Nice work!

I think he meant "45", as in "Colt 45", which is a generic term for a 1911A1 and varients. I've heard them called that since I was a kid. My grandfather who fought in the Pacific theater during WWII, was issued a 1911A1, and that's what he called it too. When I served in the Navy about 15 years ago, ( also in the Pacific theater, BTW. ) the standard sidearm was STILL the 1911A1- and we called them, "Colt 45's".

Wow, I didn't see this add-on before. The suit looks really great.

This add-on will probably be a hit for the fans. opdekorrel.gifsniper.gif

I hope you don't mind me checking out how you did this. The suit looks magnificent, best I've ever seen in OFP!

gvtsmily.gif

I remember that part, when he couldn't even pull the trigger because his finger was missing.. Great movie. I really like the work you've been doing with this, cannot wait for release smile_o.gif

Hi belgerot smile_o.gif

Nice to hear u like it wink_o.gif Yeah i love those movies "Sniper" i have them all three in my DVD collection wink_o.gif

Thanks smile_o.gif

Maximus-Sniperopdekorrel.gif

...and as for a secondary i wouldnt use a Mk23 i would like to go with a .45

I was under the impression the MK23 USSOCOM WAS a .45 Calibre handgun...

Anyway, that new pistol animation looks awesome, and has been one that I've wanted in OFP since I first saw the film 'Sniper'. Nice work!

Hi Jackal326 smile_o.gif

Thanks. I'm glad you like the new pistol posistion wink_o.gif Thanks again for the Beretta-92F SD pistol wink_o.gif

I think he meant "45", as in "Colt 45", which is a generic term for a 1911A1 and varients. I've heard them called that since I was a kid. My grandfather who fought in the Pacific theater during WWII, was issued a 1911A1, and that's what he called it too. When I served in the Navy about 15 years ago, ( also in the Pacific theater, BTW. ) the standard sidearm was STILL the 1911A1- and we called them, "Colt 45's".

Hi FerretFangs smile_o.gif

Hmm, i did't know the Colt .45 was a 1911A1 tounge2.gif

btw... i set the maxrange for the Beratta 92F SD to 50 meters, then after 50 meters he use the Sniper Rifle. It's OK? Or should i set to 100 meters max for the Beretta 92F SD and after that he use the rifle? smile_o.gif

Thanks smile_o.gif

Wow, I didn't see this add-on before. The suit looks really great.

This add-on will probably be a hit for the fans. opdekorrel.gifsniper.gif

I hope you don't mind me checking out how you did this. The suit looks magnificent, best I've ever seen in OFP!

gvtsmily.gif

Hi Matthijs smile_o.gif

Thanks smile_o.gif Nice to hear you like the burlap suit for the sniper.

I love the burlap suit and it was nephilim who made it for me wink_o.gif

Yeah i hope this addon will be a hit for the fans, hehe

biggrin_o.gif

btw... i realy like your new emoticon, hehe

Hope u don't mind i use one of them?  biggrin_o.gif

Maximus-Sniper opdekorrel.gif

Quote[/b] ]more ment for some cool long sniper mission or sniper campaigns if someone like to make that

thats exactly what ive started on for this but not using this sniper obdviously its coming along quite good but only up to the second pbjective and theres going to be 4-5 maybe more

how about releasing the mission with the pack ?

also yes by ".45" i was reffering to the Colt .45 wich i do see as the 1911A1

but the beretta looks nice

Have you chosen a weapon layout for the observer ?

i would go with an MP5 preferably with a C-mag so theres extra ammo a spotter scope, a Berreta SD same as the sniper

but with an SR25 maybe or something different the spotter should have plenty of ammo incase the sniper or him are spotted so maybe a smoke grenade as cover to get away ?

Quote[/b] ]more ment for some cool long sniper mission or sniper campaigns if someone like to make that

thats exactly what ive started on for this but not using this sniper obdviously its coming along quite good but only up to the second pbjective and theres going to be 4-5 maybe more

how about releasing the mission with the pack ?

also yes by ".45" i was reffering to the Colt .45 wich i do see as the 1911A1

but the beretta looks nice

Have you chosen a weapon layout for the observer ?

i would go with an MP5 preferably with a C-mag so theres extra ammo a spotter scope, a Berreta SD same as the sniper

but with an SR25 maybe or something different the spotter should have plenty of ammo incase the sniper or him are spotted so maybe a smoke grenade as cover to get away ?

Hi 456820

Sound great to release a sniper mission to this pack. So other can test it and have fun with this sniper pack and your mission wink_o.gif

I' not realy sure about the layout for the observer yet,, but he have a Beretta 92F SD like the sniper. And i gonna add some frags and smoke to, but not sure what i should chouse as primary weapon for the observer. ANd about the spotter scope.. i think that will came later on another release wink_o.gif Have to figured out how i can use the spotter scope as a secondary weapon... hehe

Not sure about that MP5, FerretFangs gave me some ideas, so i have to take a look of his chose of weapons wink_o.gif

Maximus-Sniper sniper.gif

hey also can someone please supply me with a link to get king homers barrett so i can use that in my sniper mission in the mean time so its a bit easier

find it but how aout a nice sniper i can try with anyone know a good one ?

hey also can someone please supply me with a link to get king homers barrett so i can use that in my sniper mission in the mean time so its a bit easier

find it but how aout a nice sniper i can try with anyone know a good one ?

Hi smile_o.gif

Here wink_o.gif

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=6557

Just use his Barret and sniper, i think it a standard BIS sniper.

I can test it for u? wink_o.giftounge2.gif

Maximus-Sniper sniper.gif