Sign in to follow this  
gandalf the white

Poseidon II , the ultimate engine?

A lot of that has been done several years ago.

That feature list doesn't say much about the lighting or rendering capabilities of the engine. It's a bit vague.

It would be great if someone from BIS could summarize how well they have managed on their objectives to implementend such of features their game engines.

Sound engine need totally redone from ArmA level hire a team maybe some from arma community to real weapons sounds(FDF). GFX is already in ArmA just enought fine just add littlebit more effects like working mirrors (on see) and haze. AI will be one radical culmination point new AI need behave like a humans. All the metabugs listed in ArmA BTS have to be fixed on ArmA 2. You cant never go too deep into simulation level of that game so concenrate to well optimazing code with support to all new high end PCs.

And BTW sry if mods things i digged one year old topic up but I think this topic is still topical issue.

It would also be great if you did not dig up old posts.. as per forum rules.

Kindly don't.

Happy Christmas xmas_o.gif

... Personally I don't need to see a body slide down a hill... huh.gif ...

Meybe sliding body isn't interesting, but body rolling down on rocks, and everytime the body hits some rock, some part of body will split off, and the mass of blood hmmm that would be interesting... But I think it doesn't belong in war simaltions (mainly because of claims to network when playing in multiplayer if you want everything on the right places at every PCs) But it makes me think, if in flashpoint does bodies fly when hit by explosion maybe it could work with ragdoll model.