Sign in to follow this  
Kam2000

Armed Assault Anticheats!!!

well Kam i think it didnt choose the right words whistle.gif

though its really a shame in my opinion that with this official forum the illusion is created that its almost only about Mods and Addons.

yet after all this ofp is really about missions and multiplayer ... otherwise only very few people would have played this game.

MEC was a start - i do strongly hope that we can see more support from BIS here in the future.

as people arlready stated, ArmA has the chance to be sucessful - yet if the cheat problem isnt addressed from the start and on going combated, ArmA will be dead much faster than ofp in terms of mp at least ...

as people arlready stated, ArmA has the chance to be sucessful - yet if the cheat problem isnt addressed from the start and on going combated, ArmA will be dead much faster than ofp in terms of mp at least ...

i think ArA will dead in 1 week maximum.

If i undestand well all addons and mod will be easy to convert from OfP to ArA, so i think also the cheats!!!

Only 1 week and after will be like now...

And BIS will release some patch ---> fixed the soldier shoes and some features

Cheaters still remaining

We report in BIS forum

BIS will continue release some patch ---> fixed soldier smile and features

All will left ArA and will go to play others game

ArA dead

BIS will annunce OfP 3 for 2030

grrr crazy_o.gif

Sorry for my english notworthy.gifbanghead.gif

well i do understand your anger about the tkc guys and limited things BIS does / can do confused_o.gif

i dont think Armed Assault will die so fast ...

OFP not died fast (hell still some people plays it both SP and MP)

OFPR not died yet (lot of people still plays it SP and MP)

so how come You think it will die in days or weeks ?

even if it's just "perfectionized" update to to OFPR ... i will go and buy it ... because sorry but JO and BF2 shown to me that OFP:CWC and OFP:R were totally unique games ...

but to keep "LOT" of players , clans and leagues INTERESTED into Armed Assault ...

BIS must add anticheat of high quality ...

if BIS don't want concentrate on making own (they can instead concentrate on game itself) ...

they should discuss with EvenBalance Inc. and implement PunkBuster ...

everyone will gain ...

another option is that BIS release own anticheat but because they will be not able "match" with cheat coders it will burn sooner or later...

of course IMHO best way is combine internal, external and custom AC ...

- BIS will include own sort of anticheat as basic/default

- BIS release "AntiCheat SDK" (modders and admins can code own additions to security)

- BIS include PunkBuster (where PunkBuster will cooperate with both BIS's anticheat and SDK made anticheats , working as protective layer (ie preventing moddifications to these etc))

and so on ...

because ... for success in MultiPlayer market .... fun is everything and game looses fun if there are cheaters ...

I mainly played OFP via LAN parties, and via that type of connection it was ok, Internet MP was a nightmare. Increadibly difficult to get into a game, and game usually lagged so bad couldn't hit anything. But I've also noticed some BF2 games also lag just as bad. JO lagged too with like 150 players but wasn't as unplayble as the others. I'm sure BIS has done some refinement to their network code for AA...You have, right, BIS?

I hope they add Assault and Advance type missions like JO, and not Conquest like in BF2. Where you have to take bases that are closes to each other to advance instead of being able to just ninja around to the back of enemy lines and back ninja a base, that is annoying in BF2, but where it would be worste in AA because the maps will be so much larger.