Sign in to follow this  
VladAlex

New 51x51 km iraq Island !

Hello !

Im proud to present my 51 km island, based on WRPquad and designed for Flashpoint Resistance and Armed Aussaut !

some screens

Lassudrie_map3.JPG

Lassudrie_map4.JPG

Lassudrie_map5.JPG

Lassudrie_map6.JPG

Lassudrie_map7.JPG

Lassudrie_map8.JPG

very nice, but why the desert island groundtexture?

very nice indeed, the community is laking a lagfree big african based map, this would be very nice for it, could be any northafrican country smile_o.gif

Its perfectly playable if you have 1gb of ram !

I put the desert island texture to use the less possible memory...

Whoa! 51km?! I thought the limit was 25x25 or something! wow_o.gif

You know if you want, I got some photos from Iraq. They may not totally feature the terrain, but I'm sure you'd be able to improve the look. BTW what city is that supposed to be? Samarra?

Whoa! 51km?! I thought the limit was 25x25 or something! wow_o.gif

Limit is 102x102km wink_o.gif

Tonal is also 51x51km by the way rock.gif

Quote[/b] ]Im proud to present my 51 km island, based on WRPquad and designed for Flashpoint Resistance and Armed Aussaut !

Can anyone tell me what WRPquad is rock.gif

Yes, it would be very fine if you could post on the discution photo from Iraq.

Im also searching someone who could do the texturing job. Because alone, i dont think i will ever finish this too hudge island.

i thought you released it, but seems not... :/

well if so, you defenetely need to use/make better land textures... ;)

i like this map, "little bit" too big but it's nice.

keep that up!

Yes, it would be very fine if you could post on the discution photo from Iraq.

Im also searching someone who could do the texturing job. Because alone, i dont think i will ever finish this too hudge island.

Most of the photos are taken by SSG Shane A. Cuomo from the USAF Combat Camera team, so it would be nice if you credit his work smile_o.gif

http://562.50megs.com/VBS1/res/

Do you happen to have an object count handy?

You're not just going to need 1gb of real ram, you're going to need a page file as well so Windows doesn't get stupid and panic. Actual memory usage will be lower than that however.

Also, don't try running it above Normal. Frankly, don't try it above low terraingrid settings. You'll blow up the buffers close to the bursting point. I've got a 51km with a half million objects that I'm designing for VBS1, while it can go to normal, it's not something I would recommend in every case.

One factor is that theres obviously many more cells for the engine to crunch. Increasing the grid array makes for more lag when rotating your view at the higher resolutions. The aggregate FPS however is pretty much the same as if you were on a normal 12.8km map.

I say stick to standard textures.

If you now gonna change the textures to a user made texture it can be so that the new textures gonna lag.

That town looks very big, and i bet laggy too, putting alot of buildings together doesnt make for a good town, you gotta add the small details like the fences, some barrels and objects here and there, etc, also gameplay wise big towns are hard to play with because it will lag even more if you put a.i. there.

Now to make a 51 km island look natural and good looking you will need to put alot of stuff there and by doing so it will problably lag just like Tonal did, i would have liked Tonal more if it wasnt so massive and laggy, there was alot of flat space there with some bushes, wasted space imo, speaking of wich i do hope you got BAS permissionto use their material.

Best of luck, it does look promissing noe lets hope it will also be playable smile_o.gif .

new ground textures and difrent houses in that big town is what it neads not all houses look the same ;) then it wioll be gr8

Looks fine, but i didn`t like the groundtextures.

He can use high resolution textures too and that will look 10 times better but than it should lag.

Make 2 versions 1 with orginal ground texture as you showed on picture and another version with a better looking texture and test them look what FPS you get wink_o.gif

I can run tonal perfectly...on normal that is.

@shinRaiden

so if you go above normal on a 51 km map it will screw up your buffers? Or just screw up OFP? rock.gif this worries me

"change the groundtextures" doesn't neccesarily mean high-res ground textures, just the color is annoying and hard on the eyes. did desert everon 2 have the same resolution groundtextures, just a more desert-ish color?