Sign in to follow this  
Commando84

Geforce & Ofp: is it a happy marriage?

Yeah, I would stay with the TI and buy a better card when ArAs or OFP2 comes out.

Next Forceware - same problem.

77.72 WHQL is available but the problems are not gone.

Using 66.93 = Everything is fine.

Using a driver higher than 66.93 = only 50% of the framerates.

VGA: GeForce 6600GT AGP

---

I try to use the Omega drivers, hope that helps.

Edit: Latest Omega drivers are based on the 66.93, so that doesn't really helps...

MfG Lee confused_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]These drivers are compatible with all NVIDIA cards that use Detonator/Forceware drivers, it doesn't matter if they are DDR, SDR, PCI, PCI-E, AGP, Laptop, Retail or OEM.

---

These driver are "pre-tweaked" drivers, no programming took place, they are just the regular nvidia driver with added tweaks and features, the last four numbers in my version number refer to the nvidia drivers version they are based on.

MfG Lee

Edit: I tried the Omega drivers(installed in Quality mode) and I am impressed!

Very crisp texture quality and good performance!

Guest Ti0n3r
Quote[/b] ]These drivers are compatible with all NVIDIA cards that use Detonator/Forceware drivers, it doesn't matter if they are DDR, SDR, PCI, PCI-E, AGP, Laptop, Retail or OEM.

---

These driver are "pre-tweaked" drivers, no programming took place, they are just the regular nvidia driver with added tweaks and features, the last four numbers in my version number refer to the nvidia drivers version they are based on.

MfG Lee

Edit: I tried the Omega drivers(installed in Quality mode) and I am impressed!

Very crisp texture quality and good performance!

How does OFP look in quality mode? I havent seen it. Could you perhaps post a screen? whistle.gif

I installed a 6600 GT a month ago,colours/textures etc all great but FPS was a let down despite following all the tweaking advice i could find was getting average 30fps in regular BIS missions,25 in anything with more than a few add-ons and in CTI was less than 20 or 10...these with DXDLL..without it would maybe gain 5 or 6 frames...however,i recently upped RAM from 768 to 1GB and now i much happier,add another 20 frames to all.I think you got to make sure you tweak ALL your settings for performance and have nothing less than a gig.Oh yeah,also installed the omega drivers which as far as i could tell for me was worth a few more frames.

I'm also planning to buy GF6600, and I was wondering if anything was fixed in ForceWare 71.89 version? confused_o.gif

Depends what you plan on using it for. OFP/VBS worked fine for me on the minimum 66.xx that supported my 6600GT, but another application required some OpenGL fixes in 71.89. BF2 claims it needs at least 77.30 for dynamic shadows, though it's playable with planar shadows on 71.89.

Depends what you plan on using it for. OFP/VBS worked fine for me on the minimum 66.xx that supported my 6600GT, but another application required some OpenGL fixes in 71.89. BF2 claims it needs at least 77.30 for dynamic shadows, though it's playable with planar shadows on 71.89.

77? Did I miss a big release or was it just a typo on your end?

Actually I'm buying complete new configuration, and this is how it's gonna look like:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

MoBo: MB GIGABYTE 8SQ800 Sck.478 168.63

GPU: GAINWARD GF 6600 (GT?) 367.58

CPU: PENTIUM 4 3.0GHz BOX 800MHz 1MB Sck.478 399.94

RAM: 2xDDR 512MB 500MHz HARDCORE 372.7

Case: CHENBRO GAMING BOMB 87.35

PSU: 400W 51.65

Cooler: ZALMAN CNPS7700-CU 79.9

----------

PC will be used mostly for gaming, (OFP, AA, NextGenPCGame included) and some 3D modelling.

Note: I just added prices of each component in KM, KM is my local valute 1KM is about 0.50$, am I getting robbed? huh.gif

Latest now is 77.72.

No need to splurge on a 'gamer' case, just need something that's sturdy and easy to work in and has space for lots of fans. 12cm's are nice if you can get them. The Zalman is great, I put them into every box I build now. Don't need the full copper though, the Al-Cu has 99.99% the performance and a significantly lower weight and cost. My only concern is that the bulk/wieght may result in lower than optimum vertical tower cases. The 6600GT 'could' be the next 4200, got to wait and see how the 7x00 series plays out.

At this time I'd start looking at a mobo that supports PCIe, if you plan on using this mobo for 3~5+ years. I'd also look at the cost difference between 1x1024mb vs 2x512mb, with the anticipation of going to 2gb.

Also, if that PSU is listed in KM and not USD, you'd probably better look at something better. That price range/wattage is likely significantly overrated, and it may likely not perform to spec.

Hiya....ive installed Forceware 78.11 drivers (from guru3d.com) and am noticing good improvement in OFP since,especially in Y2K3(w/DXDLL)...had the omega 66.93 drivers in before which were ok but these better.Also in the forum at guru3d for these drivers lot of good reports from others with 6600GT.Regards.

I sure hope that armed assault will have SSE2 optimizations. OFP preferences shows that I have an Intel Pentium Pro SSE processor, while infact I have a P4 3,2 GHz Prescott CPU. I believe that SSE2 would improve performance dramatically on P4s and I hope to see optimizations in armed assault. smile_o.gif

Hiya....ive installed Forceware 78.11 drivers (from guru3d.com) and am noticing good improvement in OFP since,especially in Y2K3...had the omega 66.93 drivers in before which were ok but these better.Also in the forum at guru3d for these drivers lot of good reports from others with 6600GT.Regards.

Thx for the info!

I will test them this weekend.

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

Might try those too, 77:77 are crappy in OFP just like all 7X:XX releases, bah crazy_o.gif . ARMA better come out before OFP becomes 100% unsupported...

The new nvidia driver released sep 2 isn't good at all. I didn't test it with OFP, but my COD wouldnt work no more crazy_o.gif So I switched back to omega.

This just show how screewed up this whole situation is!

As it is almost every single game/sim requires/want's a specific nVidia/ATI driver version to be happy so if you are interested in more than one single game/sim you are faced with this sick "driver version dance".

I think we all should send a clear message to nVidia and ATI that this is unacceptable. I'm all for updated/improved drivers now and then but this is just nuts...

Sorry for the rant wink_o.gif

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

I have used each new catalyst/omega set with my Radeon 9800 with no problems in Opf, can't say I've noticed problems in other games either smile_o.gif

I have used each new catalyst/omega set with my Radeon 9800 with no problems in Opf, can't say I've noticed problems in other games either smile_o.gif

I don't have an ATI card myself but knows for fact that "driver version dance" can be just the same for thoose who do... New driver versions fix something but usually break something else in other/older games/sims and the more games/sims you are interested to use the worse gets the problem confused_o.gif

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)