Sign in to follow this  
philcommando

USN Tarawa & LCAC

Although most will look towards polys as a guage for performance on the ofp engine, the actual factor to judge the amount of processing power needed for the addon is to look at the pbo itself, for there will be different resolutions, lod, images and scripts at work.

BIS M2A2.pbo              =    4MB

Hawks C130.pbo          =   12mb

Falklands harrier           =     8MB

Hawks Nimitz.pbo         =   4.8mb

Tarawa + LCAC.pbo      =   2.5MB

As for lag, most of the times it's the island you use. Some islands are pretty bare like BIS desert Island, some are chokefull of objects that are extremely beautiful but only nice for making pics, but some are very well balanced between gameplay and asthetics. As there are many islands,therefore, i only use BIS desert island or Malden for compatibility beta testing prior to releasing addons. (heck! forget Nogava, i cant even have a decent game in it without experiencing heavy lag with just a jet flight on my 800mghz processor, nvidia TNT, 258mb ram)

is there a chance to see a static verson of Tarawa, as just like the nimitz, orthrough this one is moveable but i just didnt find a good reason for doing so

Again very nice PC biggrin_o.gif

LCAC is a bit ........ "dangerous" to drive smile_o.gif but interesting features.

Textures .... well I'll live with it biggrin_o.gif (I couldnt do better lol) ..... but somehow I suspect some simple grey/blue navy textures would be better than some of the wierd repetitive "pipes" and so forth.

Yeh the wall at the top of the stairs @ the command deck needs a bit of strength. The wall is closer to the stairs and thus I have a tendancy to "over-run".

But you realise there is one major feature missing ?

The choppers need Load Cargo scripts for the deck as well as the tanks !

No CTD's or similar for me.

Thx again!

great work again phil althoug still a little bit buggy we can now at least have some us marines hit the shores with tanks and apc's for just a small all out war (all the battlefields in ofp are islands so you need marines to get them back tounge_o.gif )

i love this man

u always make these needed addons

all your addons are well thought out

im making a request of an ocean cargo liner which have interiors so i can perform cqb clearig

also how bout some more civillian boats to room clear

your addons are so well needed and thought out and great

keep up the good work