Sign in to follow this  
Winters

Dynamic World War II

but another strange thing happened, as i drove inside the base my gunner in the tank suddnly fired at something, did you use any enemy objects or something in the base?

edit: another thing, would it be possible that the groups after theyx respawned get the order to hide, cause always when i got their they where nicely standing near to each other waiting to be killed

edit2: i just noticed that when i want to start the next mission my captured tank disappears, would be good if there was a kind of saving things possibility as in the resistance campaign

I must have a res. object in the base to cause your guner to shoot at him.

I will take a look at the groups scripting, i noticed that myself, i can give them a seek and destroy waypoint to make them move around a bit.

The captured tank is not supposed to be able to get captured, once it is spawning with its crew you wont be able to capture it, only to destroy it.

Besides, why would you want a crappy T26 when there are perfectly fine Tigers at the base? rock.gif

@Seminara:

Your getting that message because you are no longer in the base and your insertion command is not valid anymore because you are currently inserting. Shortly after that message you get the ability to tell the driver to change his course in case you want to insert someplace else.

as we are at it, i think because you used res objects i cannot refuel nor repair at them, and an ammo center where i can rearm would be nice too wink_o.gif

edit:

i only wondered, cause as i reported to my Kommandant the tank disappeared, but i guess it is because every resistance thing (dead men and vehicles) are programmed to disappear by you smile_o.gif

edit: another thing, would it be possible that the groups after they respawned get the order to hide, cause always when i get their they where nicely standing near to each other waiting to be killed

or let them spawn kinda wide spread, if possible, and in stealth or aware behaviour

Just a small suggestion (and not very important, but anyway...) : could you change the weapons? The partisans are using Russian weapons which weren't in Italy during that times.

Overall your mission rocks! I also checked the modern ones - very well done. smile_o.gif

I can't exactly say that I enjoyed this mod. When I tried to do a paradrop, I ended up riding in a half-track as a normal insertion (Could you make the half-track start off half-way or so to the target, unless you are going to have random attacks along the way? It's quite boring spending 6 minutes driving across the island). I got to my target, and I find that my KAR98-equipped squad was no match for the partisans, who are almost all equipped with DP-27 LMGs or PPSh-41s. You'd think that Italian partisans would have revolvers or shotguns or hunting rifles or things like that, not Soviet sub-machine guns and LMGs.

Paradrop is being worked on, its already been stated that it doesnt work. I am gonna give a better balance to the weapons in next version as well. Many of the scripts have yet to be changed from the initial conversion thanks for pointing out the im-balance.

EDIT: @Stit: its a fictional campaign that takes place on the I44 demo island its not supposed to represent Sicily, the only actual reference made to any nation is "German" the rest is generic, island instead of sicily, partisans instead of italian resistance.

Well, I was really just mad that Partisans have better weapons for the situation than I do. At least give them mostly bolt-action rifles and pistols.

I'm afraid I've not had much luck with this game but perhaps I've got a corrupt version? I've managed to be sent on 2 missions and in both cases I kill all the enemy (officers keep popping up but we waste them) but neither mission comes to an end.

I give up at some point and return to the base only to have the tent based officer tell me I've not finished my job and to get back to it.

What am I missing?

At some point during the mission you should get a hint telling you the mission is completed, at that time you have to use the STATUS action to update the mission and then head back to the Kommandant.

If this is what your doing and its still not ending for you than its something else that would need to be fixed. But, i have yet to come across the problem your having.

as we are at it, i think because you used res objects i cannot refuel nor repair at them, and an ammo center where i can rearm would be nice too wink_o.gif

edit:

i only wondered, cause as i reported to my Kommandant the tank disappeared, but i guess it is because every resistance thing (dead men and vehicles) are programmed to disappear by you smile_o.gif

or let them spawn kinda wide spread, if possible, and in stealth or aware behaviour

thought about it?

as we are at it, i think because you used res objects i cannot refuel nor repair at them, and an ammo center where i can rearm would be nice too  wink_o.gif

edit:

i only wondered, cause as i reported to my Kommandant the tank disappeared, but i guess it is because every resistance thing (dead men and vehicles) are programmed to disappear by you  smile_o.gif

thought about it?

Oh yes, i absolutely have and i couldnt agree more, its kinda agravating to find the partisans and they are all standing around waiting for some Arty rounds to drop on their heads.

Expect a better enemy in next release.

good news smile_o.gif , i want an enemy that beats the shit out of my, i'd most be scared if they'd hide somewhere behind bushes, in houses, unfortunalty not so easy to do in ofp sad_o.gif , and if you script it it needs much performance, so i'll wait to what conclusion you come

but my intention was on this here:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">as we are at it, i think because you used res objects i cannot refuel nor repair at them, and an ammo center where i can rearm would be nice too

You can re-arm your squad at the armory i will put something in there for the Vehicles. Isaw that they shoot at the Military fuel station even though when i placed it i didnt see anything that stated it was Res. This can be fixed easy enough in the mission.sqm

I am also making a version of this that uses all the newest stuff from I44 phase 1 and takes place on Arnhem, it's for us to test all the new units with while having a bit of fun (Don't worry, once phase 1 is released you will get a brand new Dynamic WWII included) all i can say is that with the tall grasses they could all be standing right up next to each other and it really does not matter.

The atmosphere on Arnhem is nerve wracking, your on patrol trying to find some partisans and all of a sudden they open up on you from within a field of tall grass. Damn near hit the floor and looked for cover in my home when that happened.

Quote[/b] ]The atmosphere on Arnhem is nerve wracking

Ooh, you rotten tease, you biggrin_o.gif

Great work Winters

Cheers,

CH

I have OP:F GOTY Edition so i cant install the BIS Camel pack. Gives me crap about not having 1.91 installed. The problem is i cant seem to find the Camel pack as a zip or individual files anywhere.

Anyone want to give me some help on this? I love Dynamic Campaigns (Even The Partisan), and i love WWII campaigns even more. Thanks folks.

I have OP:F GOTY Edition so i cant install the BIS Camel pack. Gives me crap about not having 1.91 installed. The problem is i cant seem to find the Camel pack as a zip or individual files anywhere.

Anyone want to give me some help on this? I love Dynamic Campaigns (Even The Partisan), and i love WWII campaigns even more. Thanks folks.

Try this smile_o.gif

I love you. yay.gif

Ill fresh install, then fire up all of the addons and see if this dynamic wwii thing works out. biggrin_o.gif