Sign in to follow this  
Winters

Dynamic World War II

New dyn. campaign in the works needs help testing and ideas for additions.

It is based on Counter-Insurgency by TacRod, CoIn AddonFree by Sanctuary and Dynamic Afghanistan by Honchoblack. and switched it to the I44 Sicily island.

It is still a work in progress but your input is most welcome.

Add Ons Required:

BIS_Resistance

Invasion 1944 Demo - ftp://www.gamezone.cz/ofpd/invasion44/DemoV1-2Full.exe

Liberation '41-'45 Demo - ftp://www.gamezone.cz/ofpd/unofaddons2/Lib_RKKA_Installer.exe

Desert War 1942 Stuka Dive Bomber - ftp://www.gamezone.cz:8021/ofpd/unofaddons2/DW42stukaBETA.rar

Dynamic WWII

EDIT: Forgot an addon Kegetys Editor Update

EDIT: Last two addons:

Treenchfeets Junkers 52 Transport Plane - ftp://www.gamezone.cz:8021/ofpd/unofaddons2/Ju52.exe

BIS Camel Pilots - ftp://www.gamezone.cz:8021/ofpd/biscamel.zip

DynWW2a.jpg

DynWW2b.jpg

Some of the things already underway for the next update:

Making the "PARA" option work by using the JU-52 transport plane.

Adding a mission that has you defend the airfield from attack.

Adding a mission that has you paradrop onto the small island to attack a partisan camp.

Fixing the erratic voice files. I used the ATT voice syth and some of the files came out quite well, later i learned if you spell some word phonetically he will speak them clearer.

How many mission is the campaign?

It is not a campaign. It is a single mission that has tons of different ways it can be played & stuff. I'm sure Winters can explain it better, but it is a single mission, not a campaign!

i just tried it, and you forgot to mention the editorupdate102 for the required addonlist, the mission wont play without wink_o.gif

once played i saw several things that need changing

for one i think you should rewrite the briefing, just changing the names is kind of an easy approach, but it just doesnt sound right, and doesnt necessarily fit the szenario

i would also rename the radio codes to better fit the szenario

the air support is still called KA-50, once called the plane crashed into the mountains, and i didnt get to see it, its the old Dynamic Afghanistan 1.2 bug that needs fixing

also i got a error message as i called the "CAS" that the addon bmp2 is missing

i like the insertion by vehicle, but i would let the vehicle stay with the troops, and follow the leader to give support with the mounted mg42 (also the vehicle drove over one of my men while returning to base)

the arrangement at the base is kind of "unnatural" it seems a little bit static, all the vehicles in a row, i would pull all together, seperating the tanks from the other vehicles, and since you use the editorupdate, place some barrels, making it more "alive" (like you did at the main gate wink_o.gif )

and one more idea, since you use ground vehicles for insertion and extraction, i think you should let the medical truck and the extraction truck ride convoy with the inseriton truck, let them stay at the insertion point, and wait for the need for them, so you wont have to wait ages untill the medevac and extraction get to your point, once needed smile_o.gif

hooahman -

concerning wether this is a mission or a campaign give this a thought wink_o.gif

the beaty about this mission is that it is a campaign in a mission, so i think the thread titel fits well smile_o.gif

for example "Dynamic Afghanistan" has 68 different possible mission locations with different missions to accomplish

greets Honcho

Quote[/b] ]I would suggest you change the topic name since this is not a campaign. Campaign is 2 missions or more in the campaign structure, this is one mission.

Yup. What Honcho said. It's not a campaign in the traditional sense, but a continuous battlefield operation involving many missions (sub-missions, if you will) and by definition, that makes it a campaign. Exactly what OFP has been needing for some time, IMHO.

I am working on changing the radio menu and i will change the CAS menu (can you tell me where they are listed? i havent found them yet) to read Stuka now. Not much i can do about it crashing into a mountain, thats the famed ofp AI.

I always seem to forget the editor upgrade as that addon is sooo old now and so needed you would think everyone has it by now.

I will take a look at the briefing i just quickly changed some stuff but i dont think i will completely remake it.

Dunno why you got a missing addon error with the bmp2 its not even in there unless i missed it in a script somewhere.

The base will be completely overhauled, i was working on that last night (as you see by the main gate) and stopped so i could get this released for beta.

Im not gonna have the med truck follow you, thats what your medic is for.

Insertions: im thinking about removing the insertion scripts altogether and just attach a Hano and crew to your squad and let you either drive yourself or you assign a squaddie to be the driver. This will also remove the need for long waits to extract unless your Hano gets totaled.

Long waits i dont mind, makes it more realistic for WW2.

Thanks for the tips & report, keep 'em coming.

How many mission is the campaign?

While it's not a traditional campaign (more like a mission that plays like a campaign), this does have about 7 different missions you will get assigned and at least 2 more in the works.

the radio codes are defined by the names of the radio triggers wink_o.gif

as for the briefing i would ask you to either change it to something you write yourself or leave it away altogether, i think its an easy task to write something own, and it should be made in a conversion (would be the same if the Overview.html wouldnt be changed) smile_o.gif

I have been busy since this week end and did not saw this thread.

icon14.gif

Very good idea a ww2 conversion of this system, i can't wait to find time to try the mission.

the radio codes are defined by the names of the radio triggers  wink_o.gif

Thanks.

now i got it, hoped long for dynamic ww2 missi, gonna try it out asap smile_o.gif

Well. It's still good to see people churning out more variants on this powerful concept. Two thumbs up for the effort Winters. I am myself working on modifying it for a UKF/Woodland type of setting but i doubt it will ever be good enough for public consumption smile_o.gif.

This is exactly what OFP needs to keep up the flame until OFP2.

bm

Thanks for the kind words.

UPDATED VERSION AVAILABLE

I have released an updated version and updated the addons required lists.

In this version you have:

Final briefing

Fixed Search amd Destroy Mission

Fixed Ejection for Hano that may kill a few men

Built up the base area

Removed PARA option in radio

Re-named radio actions

I still want to have a paradrop but its giving me a headache getting the plane to use the runway and not attempt to "drive" to the insertion point.

You could consider "cheating" a bit like I did in my little mod. IE just put the thing in air with the guys inside smile_o.gif. If you think of it, that's basically what happens in the extract action.

bm

Thats what im working on for the next update.

I also noticed a problem with one of the S&D missions wanting to start out off of the map. This is because of the conversion from afghanistan island which is much larger than I44 sicily.

Does anyone experience a problem with the BIS camel pilots? I downloaded them wuth the above link and ran the program included to install the addon but it says that:

"This version of Operation Flashpoint (1.96) is more recent than this patch version(1.91)."

I think this is the 1.91 patch included with the addon but this message doesn't allow me to install the addon. What should I do? Thanks

Its good so far. I really enjoyed the Afganistan dinamic campaign, so jumped at the idea of a WW2 one biggrin_o.gif

This may have been fixed, because I downloaded the version from ofp.gamezone.cz, which appeared to be the first one, but heres what I found:

-In the breifing, 'german' should really be spelt with a capital 'G'

-Exfiltration is very hard and takes a long time. Maybe putting a few civil trucks lying around in towns might make this easier? crazy_o.gif

-I've played about 5 missions on it, and they all seem to be right at the bottom of the map. Are there any ones closer to the base, or have I just been really unlucky rock.gif

Anyway, good luck on finishing it biggrin_o.gif

There are some areas that are right outside the airbase and some further away. I also noticed that there is a S&D area at the small airfield in the northwest corner that you can't get to.

This is due to the first version of this being made on Afghanistan but that island had some rocks blocking roads that wrecked havoc on the mission so i decided to port it to I44 Sicily. I44 Siciliy however is much smaller so some of the trigger areas are off the map.

Would anyone be up for giving a human voice to the Kommandant?

The only qualification is that you speak english with a german accent or if you can fake it really well.

Your lines would be the same as what he says now. I will make the script tonight and keep it handy in case someone wants to do it while im at work.

commandants voice is not that bad i'd say, just came around testing the first mission, it's real fun, i drove there myself with a half-truck my gunner killed them all then i disembarked with another one sent my guys back, captured their crappy tank and followed my guys.

dunno if the intention was to do it like that, but it is really funny to see that crappy tank standing in my base tounge_o.gif , but it seems the extraction i first tried to do did not work, i am making something wrong rock.gif

Tomislav,

One question for ya, was the T26 tank empty when it spawned? I think i messed something up where it's spawning without any crew.

I can keep the Kommandants voice the syth one but it will still need to be fixed up a bit. A couple of the missions (S&D in particular) he is all messed up.

I found that if you dumbdown his speech or spell words phonetically he has an easier time. For example when i wanted him to say "Plane" he pronounced it "Plan-E" but when i spelled it "Plain" he said it much better. of course i figurd this out after many of the files had already been done and i was too lazy to go back and fix them.

yes it was empty, i am pretty sure on that, other possibilty would be that the crew disembarked (but it seemed as if some of these guys were running to the tank), but i did not engage that tank, to be honest it was more a kind of luck that i discovered it

but another strange thing happened, as i drove inside the base my gunner in the tank suddnly fired at something, did you use any enemy objects or something in the base?

edit: another thing, would it be possible that the groups after theyx respawned get the order to hide, cause always when i got their they where nicely standing near to each other waiting to be killed

edit2: i just noticed that when i want to start the next mission my captured tank disappears, would be good if there was a kind of saving things possibility as in the resistance campaign

Hi Winters

I've just started this (haven't touched off any triggers so no combat as yet) but I keep getting the following pop up message as I leave the airbase:

'Insertion call - unavailable'

What does this mean exactly?