Sign in to follow this  
Llauma

CiA co-op night

How's this for combat photography? biggrin_o.gif

d0yp.jpg

One scary looking mofo on the battlefield:

bals3kn.jpg

"Please keep your seats in the upright position and your tray tables stowed until the captain turns off the 'fasten seatbelts' signs...and please wait until you disembark before you play with your explosives"

chopper12og.jpg

chopper21tc.jpg

chopper38vl.jpg

biggrin_o.gif. Funniest part is, you can tell from the first screenie that I had a feeling.... rofl.gif

Great games guys. I'll try and make it this sunday.

Thanks for the games, they were great but we need to figure ou a way to punish daddl. All suggestions are welcome.

It seems like I finally broke the die-right-at-mission-start-everytime-tovarish-is-on-the-server spell. I survived to the end in the last coop.

Somebody* set us up the bomb!

*That somebody was Daddl! biggrin_o.gif

Nice pic of me being headshot, by the way Tovarish! tounge2.gif

This was great game.

Liked part where Daddl asked do we need chopper again... and then blows it up  rofl.gif  rofl.gif

I knew he was asking it for reason  biggrin_o.gif

Next time daddl asks this question, eject ASAP  rofl.gif

"Please keep your seats in the upright position and your tray tables stowed until the captain turns off the 'fasten seatbelts' signs...and please wait until you disembark before you play with your explosives"

http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/5481/chopper12og.jpg

http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/9738/chopper21tc.jpg

http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/8238/chopper38vl.jpg

Uhm, how should I know that satchels attached to vehicles can only be set to a max. delay of 45 seconds. Come on, I only played FDF for, like, the last two years...

whistle.gif

We nearly made it to the jump point anyways... Llauma told us to jump, just when the satchel blew. Just imagine how I was sitting there, praying we'd reach the jump point in time - after all, I knew it would blow up in a few secs...

tounge2.gif

Those were some really nice games yesterday !

Daddl will have to get some duct tape with him next time as he will be glued to the helo from the outside tounge2.gif

I´ve made a nice shot of Korax crashing into my Camel tail and his body that was expelled from his cockpit tounge2.gif

Funny enough, landings with a Camel on a 45 degree surface are great. You need only 10 m´s for a complete stop.

a question towards coop players.

Is there enough intrest to play in a little coop tournament where teams of 4 compete against eachother to complete a map.

8 teams, 3 rounds (3 maps) 1 winner.

Problem is i would need to use maps of the finest quality that brings in all the aspects a good coop team would need to beat it. Anyone know who to talk to?

I fail to see in what variable there is to compete in while playing separate coop maps... Time of completion or killcounts are not factors of playing a coop game 'good'. Maybe the least deaths comes closest, but I can't see the fun in competing in a gametype where cooperation is the crucial funfactor.

See you miss understand me wink_o.gif

Thats why i seek a mission that requires a skill of teamwork, timing and patience.

I played in FCM (coop league) where it all was about completing it as quick as possible. People rushed instead of doing the objectives. I want to make a little tournament that not only brings out the fun of it but aslo puts each and one of the members to a test.

Todays coops are, go to A, kill mr.X go to b. Mission Completed. I want something to be like, Team Aplha, cut of the power at 02.31, Team Bravo, attach satchel on generals car. Team Charlie give fire support if needed. A mission isnt about killing everything its called COOP. CTF= capture a flag, thats what u do. COOP=cooperative. Finding a bomb before the time runs out .

But maybe my jokes about coop players are true, they failed to be sucessful CTF players and choose to play against Ais instead wink_o.gif

See you miss understand me wink_o.gif

Thats why i seek a mission that requires a skill of teamwork, timing and patience.

I played in FCM (coop league) where it all was about completing it as quick as possible. People rushed instead of doing the objectives. I want to make a little tournament that not only brings out the fun of it but aslo puts each and one of the members to a test.

Todays coops are, go to A, kill mr.X go to b. Mission Completed. I want something to be like, Team Aplha, cut of the power at 02.31, Team Bravo, attach satchel on generals car. Team Charlie give fire support if needed. A mission isnt about killing everything its called COOP. CTF= capture a flag, thats what u do. COOP=cooperative.  Finding a bomb before the time runs out  .

But maybe my jokes about coop players are true, they failed to be sucessful CTF players and choose to play against Ais instead wink_o.gif

The things you talk about are great but we often have lots of players who haven't played with each other before. Well planned spec-op missions requires a squad of players who knows each other like the back of their hand.

The problem with squads playing against each other is that it always turns into unorganized TDM's. The difference with the AI is that even though they are often very stupid they stick to 'rules'.

I don't know about the CTF skills of most of the players but the original CiA squad was quite succesful. We incorperated lots of coop to the CTF tactics and at least I never experienced that we lost our flag. Holding your flag is the first priority in CTF.

The reason why I dont play CTF is because the CTF players expects people to play the game like an arcade FPS and the moment you actually play it realisticly which includes having a strong defence and actually value your life they get pissed and act like the kids they are.

Finally I admit that the coop missions could be different but why dont you just make the missions you want to play? As you have never played on our server, at least not the last 2-3 years, you really have no idea what's going on. Why not drop by some day?

but if it was 7 rounds (a knock out tournament) each team plays one map and objective completed gives (+score) and dead teammates gives (-score). New map every round.

Each team plays the map once and the one with the lowest score is knocked out.

i think it could work, just need to make sure the maps aint 10bmps and 200 infantry.

good to know, thanks.

but if it was 7 rounds (a knock out tournament) each team plays one map and objective completed gives (+score) and dead teammates gives (-score). New map every round.

Each team plays the map once and the one with the lowest score is knocked out.

i think it could work, just need to make sure the maps aint 10bmps and 200 infantry.

good to know, thanks.

Could be fun but as we stated earlier were not interested in competitions. We've got our thing going on and I doubt we'll change it.

Here is an Idea, why not have a type of combined Arms game? IE: for instance CIA and Zeus guys against enemy AI. CIA and Zeus take their own squads and fill them up with their people (IE: in each squad its only CIA or Zeus players) as an example. Your forces are tasked to take a hill (since those are all what Jinef missions are about :P) CIA guys are air-mobile infantry inside of Blackhawks or CH-47's or something lol. And Zeus guys are ground forces, like logistics support, tanks, mechinized infantry. Zeus and CIA have one leader that can communicate to each other, IE through whispering on TS, or by typing in global chat... But I think whispering is better. That way there can be some co-ordination between teams. The would be 1 overall CO, but under the over all CO would be a CO for zeus and a CO for CIA... The overall CO gives command to both, and the teams could choose and rotate every so often the overall CO. then the two "lower" CO's give commands to their respective squads and work togerther to complete the mission. The key here is to have co-ordination and respect for the mission. COOP is not all about getting the most kills, and depending on the mission... We could have at least 15-20 people playing COOP at one time... Maybe 10 guys from Zeus and 10 from CIA for instance. The idea is to get teams that know each other pretty well together, and splice them with another co-operative team and assign a overall CO for the operation, and carry out the mission objectives in an organized and co-ordinated manner... While still having fun because most likely you will be killing stuff. biggrin_o.gif Just an Idea I had pop into my head whilest I was reading the last page of this thread. Let me know what you guys think, this wouldn't be PVP... It would be COOP with 2 squads (broken down into seperate squads) or 2 teams (in seperate squads) against an enemy AI force. If enough people like the idea, maybe we could take this further and attept to implement it.

Dang typos arrgh

It wouldn't be much different to a normal coop with two squads but I guess it's worth trying.

How about making it for ECP? It has some features which might be cool.

question, this is more of a 2 team Coop mission rather than a "which team" can complete all the objectives?

Looking at the new screens of ArmA I must admit that I will have to come back to join your sessions! But why the hell isnt the game coming out on christmas? We would be the perfect beta testers even for a miserable ArmA 1.0

question, this is more of a 2 team Coop mission rather than a "which team" can complete all the objectives?

yes, that is the general idea that I have, rather than having it as a competition... Have it as a large scale co-operative mission with different military aspects. For instance CIA guys could play as mech infantry and APC crew... Zeus guys could be a Tank squad or a light scout unit in HMMWV's. The idea is to have actual players in slots (by combining 2 co-op squads) rather than having AI... BEcause you can't yell and scream at AI it goes in one ear and out the other lol. The idea is to have mor immersion, and to actually have humans playing on one side totally. Total human control on one side. And a co-operative style gameply as well as having fun with pals and testing just how co-ordinated people can be wif they work together to complete objectives.

well, if it only was a way to turn that into a fair trophy winning award competition

Wanted to get a good balance beween coop tournaments and ctf ones for ow. This game have another 6 months to live so hosting same old maps wont keep the players on field. thought advanced coop stuff would give some new light wink_o.gif

http://www.onlinewarfare.net/

... can`t wait to play CiA Coop endless nights xmas_o.gif

soon i`ll play, soon ... biggrin_o.gif

I will come if Llama will give me passport, i have 2 clanmember friends alreaydy there... Quethas and Balke from Gilyou

I will come if Llama will give me passport, i have 2 clanmember friends alreaydy there... Quethas and Balke from Gilyou

As the first post states.. PM one of the CiA members and you'll get it.

Edit: If you keep insulting me by calling me a llama I might reconsider that tounge2.gif

As the first post states.. PM one of the CiA members and you'll get it.

Edit: If you keep insulting me by calling me a llama I might reconsider that tounge2.gif

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/llama.php

here's a llama there's a llama

and another little llama

fuzzy llama funny llama

llama llama duck.

tounge2.gif

/infinite loop

.......wtf rofl.gif .......

what has the duck incommon with llama (i mean the in video llama)?