Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Cobra

Campaing without intros

Guest The Cobra

Well... I suck at making intros. And I'm planning on making a campaing. Well 1+1=0 in my case wink_o.gif if you understand.

Well, is it necesserarly bad if I have "editorintros", or what do you think?

Well... I suck at making intros. And I'm planning on making a  campaing. Well 1+1=0 in my case  wink_o.gif if you understand.

Well, is it necesserarly bad if I have "editorintros", or what do you think?

Well Intro are necesery for campaign. People dont want to jump into it and find that enemy have mistery surronded there camp.

Guest The Cobra

Yeah.. I know how to work "this exec "camera.sqs"" but i really suck at it..

Personally, I don't care about intros at all. Put the story in the briefing and readme. The important thing is the missions. Tell the story with events in mission, this should increase immersion. Even in commercial games my response to intros etc is "Hurry up and end".

Quote[/b] ]Yeah.. I know how to work "this exec "camera.sqs"" but i really suck at it..

Just pick some nice views with it, put the fade in's and out's, voilá. wink_o.gif

Hi Cobra

In my opinion there lot's of missios with very good intros, it's just like kind of a film. Especially in campaigns it's necessary to tell the whole story. See Resistance by BIS, there's a very long intro at the beginning, and I liked it. Good intros adds the atmosphere to your mission or campaign. There are a lot of good tutes for camerascripting you mainly gotta tweek around with the commands until it's like you want it too. Experiment and you'll see that making intros can be fun, and it can be as complex as mission making. biggrin_o.gif