Sign in to follow this  
Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios

But the best by far was SAAB...they sent me a book and a DVD!

The blokes at SAAB are really nice people. I was in touch with them a few years ago through work. When we finished sorting everything out with them they sent me a load of really nice stuff including a printed artwork of the JAS-39B Gripen, framed and everything. I have it hung up on my wall.

hello,

RockofSL what actually happened to your IL-76 MD? Is it still being worked on?

Guest RKSL-Rock
hello,

RockofSL what actually happened to your IL-76 MD? Is it still being worked on?

Yeah - its being reworked to fit in with the C-130 standards.

Guest RKSL-Rock
Any screenies of development or anything wink_o.gif  or am i being rude now  crazy_o.gif

Of the IL-76 Pack?  No.

But i do have a little bit of news.  After the "Great Server Suicide" I've been doing a few house cleaning jobs and a bit of remodelling.  Had it not been for the data loss i would have released quite a few of the outstanding packs at xmas...  BUT over the holidays I have managed to recover alot of models but not the texture work. So with enough spare time and a little help some previously lost packs might get ressurected.

Also we have  some progress on the Rapier FSC and FSB system.  UNN is putting the final touches to the V1BETA Firecontrol Scripts which will be a part of the FSC.  I need to finish the texture artwork so it shouldnt be too long.

On the topic of Rapiers, heres some WIP pics of the older FSB (Field Standard B2) system.  It will include a the Blindfire and the Optical Tracker as well (not shown as yet)

PR-FSB_WIP_1.jpg

PR-FSB_WIP_2.jpg

PR-FSB_WIP_3.jpg

harrier project is still active? How much data did you loose from this project? I hope not too much sad_o.gif .

Guest RKSL-Rock
harrier project is still active?  How much data did you loose from this project?  I hope not too much  sad_o.gif  .

Harrier is still very much active but running into scripting problems but we're getting there. The only thing i lost on this was some research images. i had the latest version in my OFP dir.

Very nice work Rock! notworthy.gif

I'm most curious what the C-130 is gonna look like and maybe more important, what it's capabilities will be smile_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
I'm most curious what the C-130 is gonna look like and maybe more important, what it's capabilities will be smile_o.gif

Erm...kinda like a C-130? smile_o.gif

Capabilities, well if you look at the current crop of C130 addons out there, look at thier capabilities and add some extra little bits and its pretty much all there... Not exactly the answer you want I know, but I really cant be much more specific right now.

I’m concentrating on the actual models atm, reducing the poly count to the best compromise between detail and performance as i can make, but it won’t be a monster I promise.

As for scripts right now the aim is to get some decent reliable cargo scrips and para dropping in place (UNN is developing some new stuff for this). Some tools to help you fly realistic drops and maybe some stuff not seen before…

Right now it looks like a proper mess but we have the E/H, J & UK’s K version modelled…the specops version are WIP but the main problem we have is skinning, both Jaguar and I are working at it…

… Hopefully very soon we’ll be able to show you something … Jag has something in the works that might answer some questions.

Hi Rock,

Apologies - I've only just cottoned on to all these great air addons you're working on. I was wondering - do you plan to work with the ACES guys on these? They've already done a heap of work on air-launched weapons, it might be you can just plug in the weapons you need for the Harrier & Rapier.

Cheers mate,

CH

Guest RKSL-Rock
Hi Rock,

Apologies - I've only just cottoned on to all these great air addons you're working on. I was wondering - do you plan to work with the ACES guys on these? They've already done a heap of work on air-launched weapons, it might be you can just plug in the weapons you need for the Harrier & Rapier.

Cheers mate,

CH

Well I asked for info on ACES quite a few times in the last year and never got a reply.  But if/when it comes out i'd be happy to support it.

The Rapier and other SAM systems will be using our own Scripting but hopefully it won’t have an impact on any ACES stuff but we haven’t been able to factor it in because of the lack of any solid info.  We've been looking into more realistic countermeasures and radar operation which may spin off into another RKSL/UNN project in itself but its very early days yet and with ArmA due in 6 months it might be better to wait and see what happens with the code changes first.

As for plugging anything in...with scripts then yeah it would be fairly easy.  But weapons, it wouldn’t be as easy due to using Pseudo proxies for the weapons, which means you have to make the actual weapons a part of the base models...not a huge problem but would mean reissuing the models etc.

You know with the new game engine or well the improvements so you can run at 5000 viewdistance AA weapons would become really an even greater threat aswell as their realisme level goes up allot!

Then we could also have proper anti radar weapons, like the HARM and such...

You mentioned above that some other projects have been resqued from under the rubble of the server...? Any HAS in there? huh.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
You know with the new game engine or well the improvements so you can run at 5000 viewdistance AA weapons would become really an even greater threat aswell as their realisme level goes up allot!

Then we could also have proper anti radar weapons, like the HARM and such...

You mentioned above that some other projects have been resqued from under the rubble of the server...? Any HAS in there?  huh.gif

Our little group of testers already play on 52km islands with 5K view distance. You only need a good enough machine (and a desert style environment idealy).

As for Anti radiation missiles, after alot of testing they proved unfeasible to implement without significant scripting, having to assign the target to the missile first rendered it a pointless project imo.

Finally HAS, yes and no. The old models have survived and one new model but it will be months before they come back on the project list again.

too bad... a nice good shelter would be so great to have even if it were just a simple one, but on of those in that pack cuz the existing HAS s arent that good...

And you can checkout the An Najaf Iraq map Public Beta released later today!

Those runway textures of yours have really made it look very nice, that was the thing missing out, proper textures!

yay.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock

Ok small update...

Harrier is stalled due to dodgy STOL scripts and fiddly texturing.  But it should be sorted soon.

After a bit of badgering by some mates I'm going to make an FA2 Sea Harrier too - new model but the basics are already built anyway.

Rapiers...

Just to answer a few questions:

Will they be towable?

The first BETA release will not be.  BUT the 2nd BETA should be if all goes well.

Are you making the old style

Yes, both the Field Standard B & C have been made together with the Supporting equipment, Blindfire & Dagger etc.

Will they be AI or Player manned?

There are different answers for this for both systems so:

FSC - Modern System At the moment its designed to be AI operated.  That may change in later versions but The way the FSC works in real life is pretty much completely automatic.  They can be used in 'manual mode' but all that really means is that the operator decides where the unit looks and when to fire.

FSB - Older System This will hopefully be slightly different than the FSC scripting permitting.  My hope is to allow the player to use the FSB's optical tracker to target aircraft and tell the launchers to target planes and when to attack as they would in real life.

Both systems will be Fire Control Enabled - this means that multiple launchers linked to the Firecontrol radar will no longer missile spam Targets.  This means the SAM's now behave more realistically and are much harder to predict.

Here's some of the latest pics of the FSB System and the Land Rower 101 Tractor/Support Vehicle.

PR-LR101-10.jpg

PR-FSB-15.jpg

PR-FSB-13.jpg

As you can see these are all untextured but it shouldnt take too long to do that now. More stuff to follow soon.

WOW! stunning work bud! need any animations? icon_rolleyes.gifrofl.gif

Wildo

Guest RKSL-Rock
WOW! stunning work bud! need any animations? icon_rolleyes.gifrofl.gif

Wildo

Cribban is already on it. But thanks for the offer.

A '76 ex RAF 101 was my first 'car'.  Loved it but it was too noisy and cold for the girlfriend at the time.  But very useful for carting the lads around.  It got christened the "Beer Bus" smile_o.gif but unfortunately died when the engine decided to self destruct.

Guest RKSL-Rock

OK a little bit of news... a video of the new VTOL system we've been developing.

gr7demo-splash.jpg

CLICK IMAGE TO DOWNLOAD – 48.5mb

There are still some pretty annoying bugs in the system and we are trying very hard to fix them. We know about most of them already. Model and textures are continuing slowly with the priority going to getting the scripts done properly.

A few quick comments:

MP support is planned but we haven’t tested it on a dedicated server as yet but rest assured we hope to make it compatible.

Weapons loadouts will be as per the RAF approved loads.

I don’t plan on doing the USMC versions…yet…maybe…later… but not just yet.

I do plan on making the FA-2 Sea Harrier as well to mark its retirement form service in March this year.

That’s all for the moment…

Rock

As always, stunning work smile_o.gif Was awesome first time i watched that wink_o.gif Awesome this time too

Guest RKSL-Rock
As always, stunning work  smile_o.gif  Was awesome first time i watched that  wink_o.gif  Awesome this time too

LOL you do realise that this is a new one?

The other 2 were private releases.

nice video looking foward to release

by the way, also liked the carrier, is it avalible for download.