B1B

B-52

A-6E Intruder

EA-6B Prowler

C-130

C-130 Spectre

E-3 Sentry

Q: What actually is Cold War Crisis?

A: Cold War Crisis is a Total Conversion for C&C Generals Zero Hour. It takes place from 1980-1989 and it will feature realistic units from the 80s.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: How realistic will CWC be?

A: We want CWC to be a mixture of realism and fun. Our mod is more like the original Generals concept with base building and resource gathering. We will make it more realistic though, with real life weapon systems and side specific characteristics.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: Is this mod related/inspired by Operation: Flashpoint in any way?

A: Its not related but inspired by Operation: Flashpoint since most of us remember it as one of the greatest games in recent times. Nevertheless our mod is not a "Flashpoint-For-Zero Hour" but something new. Only the time is the same, the eighties.

Q: When will Cold War Crisis be released?

A: When its done!

Q: Which sides will be included in CWC?

A: Russia, USA and Europe. The Russians tend to use tanks and artillery (for example: T72, T80, BM-21, 2S1, RT21-M only to mention a few) while the USA rely on aircraft and high tech units (for example: F-15, F-16, F-117, A-10 etc.). The Europeans actually are something like a "Best-Of" of actual European units (these are, German Leopard, English Harrier and so on).

Q: So whats the idealized list of units that will be involved with the game?

A: Simply click on "Unitlist" in our navigation menu and you will now. You can also get specific unit infos and work-in-progress info there. Click the ? besides the unit to get detailed info and a 3D View of it.

Q: Maybe its a bit early to ask, but are you planning to add ships/submarines (and of course naval yards in that case) to the mod?

A: Well right now we only plan to include land and air warfare, we will see whether there will be ships / submarines later on.

Q: Will you have heroes or will you just include elite forces?

A: We planned to use elite forces only, like british SAS etc. since we dont like to have hero units like in vanilla Generals.

Q: Weapons of mass destruction. Are you going to use them? If you do, what kind?

A: No, we wont use nukes ingame because they would destroy the gameplay we want to have in this mod! Also adding nukes would give us a huge balancing problem, because we think that the European side would not fit to nuclear weapons. We are thinking of adding Nukes into Singleplayer Mode later on, but not in the first release.

Q: Will infantry play an important role or will they be nothing more than cannon fodder?

A: We will have a lot of infantry in the game, not all of them will be just cannon fodder. Of course engaging a Leopard II with a US Rifleman wont be a good idea, except he wants to commit suicide. Other infantry units can be a real danger to armored units. We want the player to use more infantry than in regular Generals, where infantry wasnt the big deal. In CWC Infantry can be very useful, even against tanks if you have AT-soldiers.

Q: Are the Russian APCs and Scout units such as things like the BMP, BTR and BRDM going to be amphibious straight off the line, like the standard ones are? I always thought that was one of the coolest features of their units, was that they could just roll right down the beach and into the water?

A: Right now we want to include amphibious units for the Russians, these are BMP-2, BRDM-2, BTR-80. The Russian tanks will have snorkles and effectively will be amphibious as well as long as you dont install armor upgrades.

Q: I have a question about the Hind. Will it be able to transport troops like the real thing? Also this chopper is very well armored, I hope to see it in the game as a toughest helicopter?

A: The Mi-24 "Hind" will be able to carry 8 men. Its one of the toughest helicopters in CWC and will be quite effective against all kind of enemies except aircraft.

Q: Will CWC be strictly Skirmish/Multiplayer or will it have a Singleplayer Campaign too?

A: At the moment we are focusing on Skirmish and Multiplayer, but we are already working on singleplayer missions/campaigns.

Q: Will this game offer AI support for offline skirmishes?

A: The first release will definately be MP only (no Skirmish support). In later releases we want to include AI support so people can play Skirmish, too.

Well, nobody has copyright on either Cold, War and Crisis and neither just Cold War Crisis. Wonder if someone has trademark on it.

I have no problem that they calls a mod for Cold War Crisis.

BTW, nice models.

EDIT: Changed the "og" to "and" biggrin_o.gif

Spam removed, keep on topic please smile_o.gif

Wow I´m looking forward to this mod :)C&C:ZH it´s good but wtih this mod it will be much better ^^

Any release date?or the web link please?

Heyyy, some of their models and textures looks better than some of OFP's models and textures wow_o.gif

tounge_o.gif

Orginal Generals was crap so I don't have great expectations on this mod. But what do I care, I sold my Generals copy so I won't be playing the mod anyway. tounge_o.gif

... well, i allways wanted a mod similar to this (sort off)

hmm ... maybe Codename: Panzers CWC will be the one ... i hope so tounge_o.gif

Yea,I will play it in skirmish mode. Waiting for a skirmish compatible version. This will be fun, I´m sure. biggrin_o.gif

that video is ok, i will still get it, they have been developing this mod for well over a year

Based on this 3.5 minute in game video, I would definitely pass crazy_o.gif

Ditto.

Ditto?

ditto.jpg

I'm waiting for this mod since 1 year smile_o.gif

It looks great, and I ever wanted some more realistic RTS game, there're a lots of WW2 or SciFi RTS games, but just a few (bad) modern warfare RTS games (okay, from 60's till now).

I would rather had seen these mods being made for the Ground Control 2 engine which in my oppion is much nicer but I guess you can't have everything.

I would rather had seen these mods being made for the Ground Control 2 engine which in my oppion is much nicer but I guess you can't have everything.

... oh my my ... how could i forget GC2 tounge_o.gif , fantastic music ... but that cammera control make me quit.

This mod is looking good. DL'ing the movie now.

Quote[/b] ]It looks great, and I ever wanted some more realistic RTS game, there're a lots of WW2 or SciFi RTS games, but just a few (bad) modern warfare RTS games (okay, from 60's till now).

Homer, I recomend Empire Earth (EE2 is just around the corner). Alot of fun playing it in the modern era - atomic age (no sci-fi units).

Act of war has a few sci-fi elements, but no more than whats in development behind closed doors today(optical camo, f35, static railgun-cannon and 2-3 more). Most of the units you'll reckognize from OFP actually. If you're into huge hollywood'ish explosions and modern era units in a RTS-game I recomend Act of War. Gave me a laugh the first time I clicked on one of my specop soldiers. This is D-force, over biggrin_o.gif

Been playing this game non-stop since saturday.

i'll be getting the mod , it reminds me so much of ofp so it must be good smile_o.gif

im thinking about buying act of war but the demo froze my computer after 1 hour of playing tounge_o.gif

i had the same problem, the demo ran like a pig to sad_o.gif , but i had heard it was a common problem, im hoping the full game runs alot smoother smile_o.gif

I never had any issues with the demo or the retail.

Seen a few issues over at the Atari-forums but they are mostly Radeon issues. Turn off AA if you have one. Kinda ironic. The game carries an ATI ad (splashscreen) but works flawlessly on Nvidia. The AA-issue is known by the devs.

I recomend getting it and try it out. Already a patch out and a patch in development along with a editor. Give it a shot if you enjoyed the demo.

This mod is looking good. DL'ing the movie now.
Quote[/b] ]It looks great, and I ever wanted some more realistic RTS game, there're a lots of WW2 or SciFi RTS games, but just a few (bad) modern warfare RTS games (okay, from 60's till now).

Homer, I recomend Empire Earth (EE2 is just around the corner). Alot of fun playing it in the modern era - atomic age (no sci-fi units).

Act of war has a few sci-fi elements, but no more than whats in development behind closed doors today(optical camo, f35, static railgun-cannon and 2-3 more). Most of the units you'll reckognize from OFP actually. If you're into huge hollywood'ish explosions and modern era units in a RTS-game I recomend Act of War. Gave me a laugh the first time I clicked on one of my specop soldiers. This is D-force, over biggrin_o.gif

Been playing this game non-stop since saturday.

Being a OFP player for 4 years now, I'm expect a big variety of units in one game. I've played EE and it included just a Leo and an Abrams as tanks. I also don't like games standardize units for every playable side ingame. EE had same planes and tanks for Russia, GB, Germany or USA. That's why I'd prefer the CWC mod more than games like EE or Act of War. Okay, from this point I can't say anything about Act of War because I didn't played it yet but as far I can remember the pictures I saw, there was only an Abram-like-tank and a F18. Why can't somebody create a game, based on Soldiers: Heroes of World War 2, just with modern warfare units? This would be great.

there was only an Abram-like-tank and a F18.

There are 3 sides to choose from: US Army, Task Force Talon and the Consortium. All 3 have different units. Some have the same role, but still differ in capability. i.e. a army sniper kills soldiers with his regular 7.62 rifle, while the talon sniper has a lite 50 and can also take out armour (if you use more than one at a time that is). Talon does'nt have AT-soldiers (because of the sniper) while the 2 other sides do.

I think this game is balanced nicely with alot of variation to it.