Sign in to follow this  
wkdavis

STRIKE Island Release

Hi, this is Major Wkdavis from [sTO] (Strike Tactical Operations)

www.stogroup.us

And this is a quote from ofp.gamezone.cz

Quote[/b] ]CSM Delta NCOIC STO has sent us his newly released Strike Island. All needed addons are included in the installer. More information and pictures are included in the .rar file.

So What Does This Island Have?:

Several airbases

Many different terrain environments

Several training ranges for tanks, infantry, and air units.

One large city

Several towns

A large prison

A POW internment camp

Com. relay stations

Race track

Dirt bike track

Large forests

Vast canyons

Marshlands

Recruit barracks

Delta's Bar and Grill and More...

Article on ofp2depot.com

Quote[/b] ]"Hello, My name is Mike (AKA) DELTA. This project is my first. I know, how good can it be then? I feel it is not good enough just to have a good mission, but to have great surroundings to have that mission in, plus I had the privilege of taking a lot of ideas from members of the active and retired military, of which I am one, and a lot of people from around the world that I respect and am glad to call them my friends, and brothers. Many areas on this map are based on many of the ranges I have been to around the USA, FT. Benning, FT. Brag, FT. Hood, FT. Knox, FT Sill. and several around the world. Grafenwoehr, Howenfels, Wildflicken Germany. I took all the ideas, and experience offered to me, and this is the result. I hope that when you get this island, you first go into the editor and add a car or motorcycle and just drive around. Jot down on a piece of paper the mission ideas that pop into your head and that you are motivated to make many missions on this map. ENJOY!"

CSM DELTA

Public Response #1

Quote[/b] ]"I dont know if I have the right email, but whoever the person or people who created strike island for opfp need to be thanked. I have become so jaded when it comes to downloading islands. I have played so many to death and they generally are small or lopsided with lots of stuff built in one area while the rest is empty and sparse. This island is huge, detailed and for gods sake thanks for having everything all within the download. I just got started on this island and this thing feels like a movie it looks so scenic. What an incredible job. Once in a great while someone comes along just when this game is getting old and makes it new again and gives it new legs. Its people like you who make the wait for opfp2 so much more easy.

For me, islands are all its about now. If you dont have a good one it can be kinda dull. But the possibilites with what you have created is inspiring. I wish I could just phrase all this better.

Anyways FANTASTIC job. "

Tony

Everything is included in the download. Here are the links, and some pictures will follow.

Mirror 1)ftp://www.gamezone.cz:8021/ofpd/islands2/STRIKE_ISLANDv1_INSTALLER.zip

Mirror 2)ftp://www.gamezone.cz/ofpd/islands2/STRIKE_ISLANDv1_INSTALLER.zip

That looks amazing, I felt bad editing the image tags wink_o.gif

Please don't hotlink images over 100kb smile_o.gif

It's quite fun, but in most places, not even a bit realistic (in terms of landscape and object placement). If realism is what you looking for, it may not be the best choice for you. rock.gif

If you're looking for a place to have fun, it's even got a race track! tounge_o.gif

I agree with ag-smith: beautiful island, but it reminnd me more a big luna park than a place where to setup some missions.

This isle is a floating base.....

However it looks nice! smile_o.gif

What a big island !

i'd enjoy to visit it if my comp wasn't a shit wink_o.gif

blues.gif

Yes, a very nice island... Tried it several times in the past few days...

If you're looking for a place to have fun, it's even got a race track! tounge_o.gif

I have a little... "mission" there...

about 20, maybe more, maybe less, civilian cars, waypoints set around the track... The player is in a BAS Littlebird, or other Forward Firing MG platform (I prefer 'lil MP or Guns over CSJ M136 and other Hueys) and... Chases the civilians. I still have to place a trigger to end the mission when all civilian are dead...

For talented pilots, strafing, joystick recommended...

Fun (depends actually...) and good target practise! You have 4000 MG rounds and about 20 cars & civs, and it's not that easy...

i like the airport, curious to see if it has got automatic landing enabled

btw wkdavis, you have a splendid signature too: OFP looks at it's best if you don't have any flat pancake ground textures in view

To ag_smith: I believe the island was built more for training purpose in OFP than for absolute realism. We have several training exercises set up up the map such as Basic Military Traning (BMT), NCO Academy, Officer Training School, Pilot Training 1-4 + Fighter Training School, as well as BlackOps training, Tank Commander School, along with Armored Formation School, Air Medic training, etc etc the list goes on. We have ranges intended for pistols, rifles, laws, sniper rifes blah blah. This map was designed to balance OFP with realism on the grounds of training and simulation.

To redface: Thanks, do a lot of photograhphy in real life, so I translated it over to OFP too...as for the airports again, trainings, hands on scenarios, the autolanding is not scripted.

To blackscorpion: visit www.stogroup.net and post your missions on our forum and we will throw them on the server no problem, we have TS for use with our server which is the [sTO] Battleserver in game. We have several maps already on the island including Coops, STO-only trainings, STO-open trainings, CTFs, CHs and a few other treats, even an island tour map. We have some of the finest scripters and mission makers in the community so a lot of our STO missions have a lot to them, I believe our BMT is 6+ months in the making. It's truly incredible.

To placebo: Sorry about the pictures, as you can see I don't post on here often lol..thanks for the comment though!

Again, stop by and give it a play on the

[sTO] Battleserver

ip: battleserver.stogroup.net - 2310

I would like to thank everyone for the comments good or not. As was stated earlier, This is my first island, and it was intended from the beginning as an STO training island, and became what you see today. If you read the names on the map, some are members long dead, others are members that have become brothers, and some are just for humorous events or situations that have happened over the last 2 years during Strikes development. for example, I will not go into how the abandoned supply warehouse got the name "Max's PeanutButter Works" got it's name. But I will tell you that Max is STO's Mascot from our first Livemeet. That also brings me to the name of the town down on the SW side of the island called "Hosted a STO Livemeet"  when you see it, you will see why 75% of our Battleserver fund went for booze and then bail money smile_o.gif. If you go to our link STO you will see pictures from out first and second livemeets and hens you will understand why we are band from showing of in groups more then 2 in 35 states. 4 states will not allow even that many. and if we do go to California again, we must notify the state government 2 weeks in advance to give them time to get the women, girls, and sheep into protective bunkers! "Warning to anyone going to a restaurant called BJ's in Burbank, will not let you use a pitcher of beer as an individuals glass. Also to any of the women from HOOTERS, please give us a central address to send the paternity tests to! Thank You!  I hope you enjoy the Island and remember my X-wife as you trample over it's fields and mountains as she has not seen me for 2 years while making this island. I had to do FIELD RESEARCH smile_o.gif JK

CSM DELTA www.stogroup.us  / delta@stogroup.us

lol, gg to you guys, keeping the authorities on their toes.

Oh, just don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's not good. I'm only saying that it is .... specific. You've got to like this kind of maps or you'll be quite disappointed after downloading those 55MBs. wow_o.gif  wink_o.gif I only wanted to offer my advice to the later part of the community.  tounge_o.gif

@Delta STO, LOL! biggrin_o.gif

Yeah, lol, we definately like to mix training and fun, which this map pretty much is. Lot's of chaos, but lots of hard work, then some more chaos, beer, girls,....a dog.... good stuff like that. I find throwing all sorts of vehicles off the cliff at delta's bar and grill to be quite amusing. Lot's of little places to have fun on the map, to see it all you should stop by the server and take the tour map that has been created. It's a camera scripted tour of the island, it's awesome!

THANKS TO EVERYONE!!!

Hay ag_smith no offence was taken ;).  I hope everyone can find a place on this island that suits them, that was the intention after our ranges were set up. also, anyone with missions for Strike let me know. Send me a link if they are big or email them to me if they are small and we will test them and put them on our server, keep in mined that we try to keep the beta addons off the server, or addons the embed themselves into all your SQM files sad_o.gif. I will get a list of the addons we have on our server and post them. That should  help mission makers that want to have them put on our server.  BAS, COC, USMCAP, SEB_NAM are the most common!

Take a buggy and launch it off the short airstrip at Delta's bar and grill....saddly this little ledge has produced hours of fun lol...

However, I have a USMC mission under way in the NE canyon area of the island, does anyone know/have any cool USMC stuff besides the units themselves to use? Ground/air etc just browsing.