Sign in to follow this  
redneckehv

Chechnya

I have been looking for an island that could represent chechnya, but have only found 1, i belive it is called ickteria or something like that. anyways the island is only half finished.

Has anybody found a ofp map that could be a good representation of chechnya? is anybody working on 1?

As a side note i have also been searching for destroyed and war torn buildings. anybody out there creating these or know of some?

There is finished version of Island Ichkeria.

But because of the virulent pro-Chechen terrorist theme of the accompanying demo missions and in the readme file the finished version is not available for download on a number of sites.

And one thing I noticed about the finished version is the absence of Mosques and other distinctively Muslim architecture.

But the Island is superb!!! smile_o.gif

Unfortunately I forgot the link sad_o.gif

Yeah I had that island too a while back but lost it and cant find any sites that carry it.

It also came with a nice chechen terrorist...I mean "freedom fighter" rock.gif pack right?

OHHhh! i want it i want it!! can anyone find a link or post a link for the finished island?

no. this is the island that i already have, although it is an excellent map, it is only 25% finished. any other maps that look like chechnya?

Cecenian and that Ichkeria are the only ones that come to mind. I had a link but I cannot find it now, it came with a lot of nice things to make it look more realistic. I really liked some of the custom buildings, and though it may have been pro-Chechnyan it is still a really nice and accurate map.

Can someone give me a link to the rare Chechnya map? I went to the site Tomislav gave but I cant read it.

(I already have the common unfinished one and I dont want Cecenian)

Can someone give me a link to the rare Chechnya map? I went to the site Tomislav gave but I cant read it.

(I already have the common unfinished one and I dont want Cecenian)

There is nothing for ofp on this site. Don't bother.

I don't know thorgal, is that the unfinished one?

I'm confused now. How many Chechnya maps are there?

I would like to know about the destroyed buildings too.

If I recall right there is a pack somewhere?

I could do with one.

Regards.

@CERO.

once there was the island on the site, but i dunno where it is now

There are two versions of Ichkeria circling around.

There is also one island called cecenia made by panzerfaust:

Link

All the links for Ichkeria posted in this thread are to the old unfinished version, except for the one to that chechnyan news site, but it seems to have been taken down now.

Aw! I love the unfinished one, but its unfinished!

The Cecenian one doesn't even look like Chechnya nor do I think it was meant to be, it has churches (Chechnya is majority Muslim)

If someone can find the old one and post a link that would be awesome.

Or if any of you island makers are up to, maybe finish the unfinished Chechnya... or even make your own.

Shame of it is, there are so many great Russian and Chechen addons but no decent Chechnya island to make missions on.

I have been looking for an island that could represent chechnya, but have only found 1, i belive it is called ickteria

More like Ichkeria.

I think that's the official name of their independent republic. I might be wrong though concerning the exact title.

Cecenian is a very nice island. The only problem is it is too hard on the frame rate. There are numerous object that show up on radar. Any way to prevent that from happening?

It's the unfinished one, I was searching for the complete one too yesterday but only one I found is the unfinished one (readme says 25% completed).

Cecenian looks nothing like Chechnya, not the terrain, not the architecture, nothing. The best one is the unfinished one (finish it with your own objects if you like) called Ichkeria.

Bye the way, I'm having some trouble adding objects in the map editor. Buildings and forests float above the ground, they refuse to adapt to the change in ground elevation! Any solution?