Sign in to follow this  
pajama

Navy Field

Yeah I have. I'm trying the training missions now. can't say I have a clue what I'm doing. The guns are confusing me, that and it looks like I do lag pretty bad. Still going to try though.

If you see a ship named The BIS_Monroe sailing in a straight line doing nothing say hi tounge_o.gif

Well I can sail about now. The guns are confusing the hell out of me though. Could some one give a quick run down on how they work? I've been pushing buttongs but all that pops up is messages liek auto this full that something something. I don't think I've even fired a sinlge shot yet.

lol, ok right mouse button changes your heading,

space -> fire

f -> forward

v -> reverse/slow down

a -> move guns left

d -> move guns right

w -> guns up

s -> guns down

q -> move guns to starboard

e -> move guns to port (or visa versa)

t -> switch to center guns

r -> switch to front / rear guns

that's about it, the manual is on the website for the others.

I'm playing right now at this very instant, well that is after I reboot. The time is 12:22 midnight eastern US time. Ship is the BIS_Monroe

Is any one still playing this?

Argh just rebooted and I guess I wont be playing.

Every time I start the game I have to download the 120 meg patch. It just downloaded it when I started playing 20 minutes ago. I reboot and start the game and it's doing it again. What gives?

It just downloaded it when I started playing 20 minutes ago. I reboot and start the game and it's doing it again. What gives?

Ouch, try manually downloading the patch here instead.

I'm still playing this every now and then, level 17 at the moment.

I still play it, but these patches are rather annoying. It is very good to have a manual download, but what use is it when the auto-update kicks in anyway and downloads the whole stuff (260MB!) again, at a ridiculous slow speed (~100kb/s vs. 2Mb/s with the manual download) crazy_o.gifrock.gifsad_o.gif

Cost me three hours yesterday (instead of the ~20mins of the manual update)...

lvl18 in the japanese Kagero class destroyer Dachid (no, no BIS prefix for me)

The manual patch upgrade is not updated in their downloads section. That is why we're getting it to download once connected to server even though you have downloaded what seemed to be the upgrade patch.

So far this isn't going to good. I have abotu a 3 second delay do to lag on my connection. I can actually time the shots... problem is it's damn hard to fire rapid do to having to time with the lag. That and avoiding torpedos is almost impossible since it takes 3 seconds for my move orders to take effect.

Yeah. Well...there are some fairly cheap broadband services out there, especially if you look beyond the regular DSL and cable conglomorates. Dunno what you can afford though...

Well 5 battles and Ive been sunk 5 times. Still it kind of grows on ya.

Quote[/b] ]Well...there are some fairly cheap broadband services out there, especially if you look beyond the regular DSL and cable conglomorates. Dunno what you can afford though...

The bummer thing is DSL and Cable aren't available in my area. There's cable but it ends just a half mile from where I live. The cable provider (comcast) said it was available at the address I was moving to. Once I was moved in they said "oh no it isn't sorry we have no plans of ever expanding to that areaâ€. Service with a smile.

So I'm currently stuck on satellite. It's good for downloading files and browsing but it’s completely insufficient for gaming.

PS... still am playing Navy field at this very moment. Just alt tabed to see if any one else was.

Player ID BIS868

Ship name: Exxon_Valdez_II