Sign in to follow this  
Tomislav

Sea Demon MIG-29 v.3.0

Tomislav watch your filesizes please, right click/properties, not too difficult to check smile_o.gif

i only wanted to show some pics of the addon, amd as my photoshop is making trouble i decided to post the anyway sad_o.gif

I love it now every mission I made with em is now playable.

Not noticed the skidding bug on the ground they used t have..

about Mig-29 K,

it was developed for Admiral Kuznetsov russian aircraf carrying heavy cruiser(simply-aircraft carrier), but, only few were bild by russians.

the Indian fleet bought Admiral Gorshkov aircraft carrier (light), ordered new aircraft, actually not new, just resumed the mig-29k program. So there are at least 20 mig-29k's. I know that 29 landed only few times on Kuznetsov... sad sad_o.gif

I have to say that this addon realy made my day. Before, I had to use Su-27's vs. F-15's and F-16's. When AI fight each other Su gets wiped out in no time. Those addons were SO unbalanced. Su-27's flares were useless. However, this one has very good balance. Now the Migs can fight F series the way it meant to be. Thanks Sea Deamon from all of us who likes to play on the East side.

Another interesting plane would be Mig-31 intercepter or Su-24 bomber. Any plans for those ones?

Flying this by mouse works perfectly! Some notes:

1. No afterburners? Just keep on increasing the speed? Just asking what's more realistic.

2. Aren't the air intakes supposed to be uncovered? rock.gif

3. After 3-4 minutes, the engine sound disappears. I hear all other sounds in OFP from that point (weapons launch, flaps, gears, landing). Just the engine sound drops.

4. There appears to be a slim white line above the central cockpit panels left and right edges. Missing texture? Or not flush with the rest of the cockpit?

5. Couldn't you move you personal logo somewhere else other than the front cockpit glass? wow_o.gifsmile_o.gif

there are two air intake possibilitys in real mig-29, one: uncovered air intakes for good quality air fields, second, covered air intakes from the front to take-off front simple airfields(to avoid dust-sand do damage to the engines...)

No afterburners? - its not true !! if you use E key you plane afterburners!!

No afterburners? - its not true !! if you use E key you plane  afterburners!!

Ah. OK. We're just all spoiled with having an Afterburner ON/OFF action command. Would be nice should you decide to put out an "this is absolutely the last and I really mean it this time" release. tounge_o.gif

sea demon, both your mig-29 fixed versions didn't extracted, errors...

plz, fix it! ;)

at least the v3.0 worked from flashpoint.ru, but you released v3.2, i need it!!!

Yes, I got the message "unexpected end of archive" and it didn't work. Please fix the link. Thanks.

Flying this by mouse works perfectly! Some notes:

1. No afterburners? Just keep on increasing the speed? Just asking what's more realistic.

2. Aren't the air intakes supposed to be uncovered? rock.gif

3. After 3-4 minutes, the engine sound disappears. I hear all other sounds in OFP from that point (weapons launch, flaps, gears, landing). Just the engine sound drops.

4. There appears to be a slim white line above the central cockpit panels left and right edges. Missing texture? Or not flush with the rest of the cockpit?

5. Couldn't you move you personal logo somewhere else other than the front cockpit glass?  wow_o.gif  smile_o.gif

The afterburners start when you press the 'E' key thats the best way of having a afterburner I think thos e via the action menu take to much time wink_o.gif

No afterburners? - its not true !! if you use E key you plane afterburners!!

already answered wink_o.gif

Seademon mayby you have new model rockets and textures to you mig29 ??

migrakiety.jpg

migrakiety2.jpg

Not sure if this was mentioned, but...

The pilots are west. tounge_o.gif

Old bug is back power slinging MiG-29s on the ground, cause impossable to taxi again. =P

- No "ground attack" version

- the model and especially the textures are too simple

- requires RAD_F18?.. (don't have the latest version, so maybe it's fixed)

- this jet is very "unbalanced" - in real life Mig-29 stands no chance against F-16s or F-15s.

- it's too fast

- it's waaaay too manuverable and extremly unrealistic.

- the weapost are too powerful, and for some reason this jet will attack and destroy IFVs and tanks with its AA missiles - it ain't right.

- Overall, I have a feeling that the author was trying to make a "super killer jet" to best any WESTern fighter - kind of like those silly super-powerful weapons in the HYK US iunfantry pack. smile_o.gif

I'd give this addon 5 our of 10.

mig29 beter F15 and F16

the rocets from mig29 can't destroy tank

I launch 4 rokets to destroy shilka

in v3.02 - fix many bug and try it

_???WTF???_

in real life mig-29 hasn't go a chance against f-16 and f-15?

you are dum or what?!

if syrian MIG-23 were good against israelian F-16; also syrian MIG-23 were fighting against F-15...

Syrian MIG-23 looses were same as Israelian F-16!!!

Now, getting back to Mig-29:

it was build to fight F-16 off and it's capabilitys are much higher, Mig-29 SMT(russian air force version) = Mig-29 K (russian navy version) can easely fight with F-15

so don't mention that F-16 are better than Mig-29!!!!!

go back to real life!!!

Against Su-27/30/30MK/33/35/37 and Su-47 west can through nothing, F-22 raptors arent build in massive production.

if syrian MIG-23 were good against israelian F-16; also syrian MIG-23 were fighting against F-15...

Syrian MIG-23 looses were same as Israelian F-16!!!

Really? When was this? rock.gif