Sign in to follow this  
miss_cleo

French Army Soldiers released

from ofp.info:

Quote[/b] ]SPQR has informed us that Occitania has released his French Army Troops Pack 70's-80's on the OFP-Fr.net Forums, and an update of his French Gendarmes. Great job!

Included:

- Foreign Legion 70's

- Regular Infantry 70's

- Regular Infantry 80's

- Infantry 'Division Daguet'

- Paratroopers 60's

This is really cool, ive been waiting for someone to make some troops like this! Those 60's paras are going to make for some fun algeria style missions on Tonal.

These troops need the OFrP weapon pack installed to work, and probably the Infantry pack as well, as i am getting some missing textures. The read me doesnt seem to mention this (although i could be wrong, all my french comes from Serge Gainsbourg records.)

My other gripe is that the new antitank weapons appear to be classed as rifles, which is good because you can go prone and fire, but is bad because you cant carry a rifle or smg.

That's the same thing I was thinking, good to see these units out smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Nécéssite: Les packs infanterie et armes OFrP

Nécéssite:Le pack armes OFrP

Yes, it's writed wink_o.gif But it's in french.

Quote[/b] ]Needed: OFrP Weapons and Infantry packs

Nécéssite: OFrP Weapons pack

My other gripe is that the new antitank weapons appear to be classed as rifles, which is good because you can go prone and fire, but is bad because you cant carry a rifle or smg.

LRAC 73 and 89 were carried without rifle or smg in the reality ;)

Some screens :

inf_fr.jpg

lrac1.jpg

SPQR-Kol01.jpg

Links from my ftp :

Gendarmerie 1.1 (1.46mb)

http://xela89.info/modalgerie/occitania/OC_gend_dp_v1_1.rar

Infantry 1.0 (21.24mb)

http://xela89.info/modalgerie/occitania/OC_fr_inf_v1.rar

Weapons (5.66mb)

http://xela89.info/modalgerie/occitania/OC_fr_armes_v1.rar

great work, it will be really usefull to recreate some older conflict.

I just tested it a bit (as something soon to be completed is taking all my time actually) and liked the idea of the rocket launchers as primary weapons to allow standing, crouching an proning stances with it.

To my beliefs , an AT launcher can only be fired in a 90 degree angle. so the backblast won't "hurt" your legs wink_o.gif

I saw some pics of it, quick! somebody post it!1

To my beliefs , an AT launcher can only be fired in a 90 degree angle. so the backblast won't "hurt" your legs wink_o.gif

I saw some pics of it, quick! somebody post it!1

tta150lrac6eg.jpg

From the TTA 150 manual ;)

Not 90° but 60° ... how would you look through the sights if your were layng at a 90° angle ? smile_o.gif

-edit- The picture and text concern a loader in case there's one, but the position of the shooter is the same as seen on the pic wether there's a loader with him or not.

french military use the LRAC, because he is a raloaded weapons.

And the french soldier in métropole use F1 helmet, Spectra for OpEx (Opérations Extrieures), so occitania give us addons to make more real missions.

but SPQR hase more knowledges than me.

excellent stuff, except they dont have shadow lods..., nor the weapons, infact they do not have enough lods.

this will lag things up in MP sad_o.gif

I hope Occitania continues to improve these, early Vietnam and Algerie conflicts are just around the corner smile_o.gif

90°, 60° that would be great but you know what.. OFP limits. Occitania's LRAC 73 & 89 are developped from the rifle, so they use the primary weapon animation tounge_o.gif

It was developped as a rifle as from the french TTA150, the AT soldier only has a LRAC and a pistol. The first weapon of this kind I remember is the M-65 from Installazia. Occitania worked hard on the LRAC 89's aiming device to make it truly fonctionnal (unlike RPG-75, LAW, Gustav, AT4,...).

ran, Occitania has a nearly-full copy of the document you gave an extract wink_o.gif

Occitania worked hard on the LRAC 89's aiming device to make it truly fonctionnal (unlike RPG-75, LAW, Gustav, AT4,...).

I don't understand there ?

Are you talking about the sights , or just the way they are catching the launchers ?

i dont think these guys are nearly rough enough looking for early vietnam missions.. you'd need a mix of WWII US and British equipment and weapons for that.

Awesome units, love the 1960's Paratroopers. French troops don't much harder and feared than the 1960's 10th Airborne troopers in Algeria.

Isn't the lizard camo a bit dark though? Wasn't the style worn by the paratroopers in Algeria a bit lighter?

90°, 60° that would be great but you know what.. OFP limits. Occitania's LRAC 73 & 89 are developped from the rifle, so they use the primary weapon animation tounge_o.gif

It was developped as a rifle as from the french TTA150, the AT soldier only has a LRAC and a pistol. The first weapon of this kind I remember is the M-65 from Installazia. Occitania worked hard on the LRAC 89's aiming device to make it truly fonctionnal (unlike RPG-75, LAW, Gustav, AT4,...).

ran, Occitania has a nearly-full copy of the document you gave an extract wink_o.gif

So do I, good ol' paperback from back in the time ... ah that's far away smile_o.gif

and the 2002 revised edition in .pdf format to keep a little bit up to date from the old CDES website tounge_o.gif

The -pics- from the health and hygiene section haven't changed much and stil frighten me a little bit and make me fear for my ... hum well .. tounge_o.gif

You got a point about the anims but you know that more and more people relase good anim packs (replacement ones orjust new fix ones), wouldn't it be nice to be able to take staged screenies with the LRAC and other rocket launchers fired correctly.

Btw, nearly full as in "missing the tenth part" ? smile_o.gif

for anybody interested in this manual you can find most parts of it on the COFAT (Army Formation Command) website.

Awesome units, love the 1960's Paratroopers. French troops don't much harder and feared than the 1960's 10th Airborne troopers in Algeria.

Isn't the lizard camo a bit dark though? Wasn't the style worn by the paratroopers in Algeria a bit lighter?

fran-2.JPG

here are different versions of the french Lizard pattern

Occitania worked hard on the LRAC 89's aiming device to make it truly fonctionnal (unlike RPG-75, LAW, Gustav, AT4,...).

I don't understand there ?

Are you talking about the sights , or just the way they are catching the launchers ?

Aiming with the lrac 89

lrac3.jpg

lrac4.jpg

I thought SPQR was talking about the weapon handling, as it was more dependant on an animation than on how the model was made, i did not really understood, but now it is more clear wink_o.gif

Very good functionnal sights icon14.gif