Sign in to follow this  
INVISO

ONTOS M50

I builded the model some time ago, but I need someone to put it on the right track. I know the scripting won't be easy but the community is now more experienced. Anyway the model is here' as it was 1 year ago. So take it and do something with it.

Just give me credit for the modelling.

http://www.prelogik.com/temp/m50a1ontos.zip

this is weird,I was wondering today whatever happened to this addon, but I didnt feel like digging up the thread.

crazy.

I started to work on the config a bit, but its hard to find information on this thing. I was experimenting with the 6 106mm guns, as for getting the smoke to work correctly, its going to take a lot of scripting.

the project MCAR jeep has the same recoiless rifle on it.. perhaps the scripts can be adapted...

Well, thanks to you all. I know I can count on you. Even is this is a model I did more than a year ago, I think it's still a good 3D model and a scripting challenge.

Anyway, like I said before, let's put this baby on track.

it's like a six-barrel light-armored tank? or more like artillery?

man, it looks great to use against light armour... four BMP's , bang bang bang , no BMP's...

ehh, bang tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]it's like a six-barrel light-armored tank?

i think this defines it pretty good.

Infos about the Ontos

By the way, iam glad that this project is brought back to life. I liked it when i saw the first screens of your wip, inviso and i hope it will be available soon. Good luck.

I got it ingame, and added all of the selections and etc... but I have never done a tank before, so there are some problems with the treads and crew proxies and etc...

Good, since there's renewed interest in my model, i'm workin' on a improved model based on the old one. Only some textures fixes and some geometry added, since I don't want to mess up with people doing some scripting.

What some people suggest:

-Retextured OD camo

-Desert camo

-Resistance version

-A wreked version

-Hypotetic Improved armor (Reactive, Blazer...)

-Hypotetic 106mm with autoloader

Anyway, even if I'm canadian, I try to honor some of the crewmen who served in anti-tank battalions back in 'nam.

It's not a easy model due to angular problem and references pictures are, at best OK. Interior pictures are worse.

I'll send some pictures later. Thank you all.

As promess...

[ig]http://www.prelogik.com/temp/screenshot04.jpg[/img]>100kb

The interior will be more coherent to original 1953 spec sheets with added hull struts, ammo casing, etc. This will still be a crapped interior (Just look at some real Ontos pictures on Google)

Comments are welcome.

I will wait before putting the M40 106mm. I'll see if I will model some new ones or use something that is already done. More later.

INVISO please watch your filesizes, those 3 images were well over 100kb smile_o.gif

I will wait before putting the M40 106mm. I'll see if I will model some new ones or use something that is already done. More later.

Look in the editing section of PSC's website. You can find a high-quality model of a M40 over there smile_o.gif

I got weapons configed and scripted, and got the model ingame, but it needs some editing before it will work right, and I had some ideas in mind for the crew positions and misc model stuff, like setobjecttexture selections and maybe a M1919A4 .30 cal, but anyways since you're redoing the model I will put a hold on that stuff.

Sorry about the picture size placebo... I'll put some smaller picture.

Here we go again...

picture01.jpg

New perspective corrected textures based on a real model...

picture02.jpg

New "flaked" OD color and some rigging...

picture03.jpg

Building the "crapped" interior...

picture04.jpg

I would appreciate if anyone can send some good picture about...

-60's car battery 12v/24v

-.50 ammo case

more to come... thanks you all

Ok KyleSarnik, by the way .30 was Korea war era and the .50 was 'nam era.

KyleSarnik, if I send you the 3DS model with all the 8.3 textures and stuff, will It be OK?

I dunno I might be able to get the 3DS converted into p3d from someone I know, but I couldn't by myself. Ok, then what about a .30 cal and .50 call, overlapping and set on/off by setobjecttexture or hiddenselection, that would help prevent the need for more than 1 model. I was also thinking about detecting when the driver or gunner is turned in or out, so I could animate the stand thingy's that fold up to hold the barrels when not in use (I dunno what they are called  tounge_o.gif ) when the driver is turned out and disable the machine guns when the gunner is turned in. Ill have to see if I can find a way to detect driver/gunner "turn" status (for lack of a better word  tounge_o.gif ).

Edit: Oh, and what about the loader? The website said there was a loader, where does he sit?

Edit #2: Also, if possible, add a few vertecies on the tracks starting new sections under each of the wheels, for the suspension to work properly.

Not bad Blink Dog, i'll see what I can do with this. Even if it's more decorative than useful, I like realism.

KyleSarnik, fine. I'll reinstall Oxygen and and start you over. For the loader... there's not. You're suppose to go outside and load it manually. Some scripter said that was a bit difficult, so they suggest to make the reload time quite longer. And, since you can fire 1 by 1 or all at ounce... well.

As for me, I would like the player to go outside and pound some 106mm AND exposing himself, to trully catch the strenght but the weakness also. Anyway.

For the gun holder, not a bad idea. But first thing first. I will add new wheels with more vertices.

Mooooore to come folks