Sign in to follow this  
Fab.

wwIIec : vegetables in the make...

Hello there,

I dont usually post here, but since our website is down (and we still have no news from gamespy's technical support), I thought hey, why not after all that's what forums are for...

So here is a couple of screenies of some grass (technically not a vegetable, but i'm sure you can eat it). That'll go on darknova's Caen island.

I'll make a video pretty soon, i already made one but it was on an obsolete version of that grass...

ww2ec_grass1_short.small.jpg

ww2ec_grass1_tall.small.jpg

More delicious vegetables are on their way

PS : yeah i know i gotta trick the colour a bit, i'll change it soon

Credits :

- grass : Reddevil (texture), me (model & co)

- weapons : Vibes (mg34, k98), me (reworked the k98 a bit)

- panther : that's my old panther tank.

- soldiers : Darknova (model), me (model, anim, textures), Hugo the clown (grey tunic texture, equipment textures), Vibes (equipment)

Looking nice mate, nice to see our work coming on well... smile_o.gif

sim

nice, but it looks really laggy crazy_o.gif

But still looks excellent anway. And the COD soldiers look great as well smile_o.gif

hmmm... I'm not really sure about laggy, I think some of the inv44 stuff looks a bit more laggy, not that it doesn't look nice though.

hm, nice, but the weapon in the first pic needs a little more work on the textures. but looks nice guys!

nice, but it looks really laggy crazy_o.gif

But still looks excellent anway. And the COD soldiers look great as well smile_o.gif

It doesnt lag, i runs smoothly on my p4 1.6, 384mb, ati mobility radeon 7500 32mb... It runs smoothly enough to allow me to take a video of it, and trust me my fucking laptop is way slower than it should be.

the temporary COD faces (texture only) looks nice smile_o.gif

As i stated in our interview at flashpoint.ru (here's the news post at

ofp.info), they're temporary place holders till i get some 100% home made faces from RedDevil. That's the only thing imported on these screenshots.

What impresses me the most in the first screen in the player's hands! They look excellent and CONNECTED to the arm biggrin_o.gif. The grass looks nice as well wink_o.gif.

lol yeah it actually looks like a real arm! biggrin_o.gif

Indeed, they are connected smile_o.gif took me some times to figure out how to make a proper forearm model so it animates nicely...

@Tomislav : yep, the grass works just like anything else, you can be hidden by it. So far i'm doing 3 grass : the very short one you can see in the 1st shot (you cant hide in that), a medium grass that almost hides you when you're prone (but you can still sortof see what you're firing at) and the tall one (last screenshot) which completely hides you when you're prone so you dont see anything but nobody sees you...