Sign in to follow this  
-HC-Para

Spearhead44 - Version Four.

station_tn.jpg

There is a new version of Spearhead44 available for download from Hell's Circus website.

Requires: OFP:R and AEF Train.

Known Issues:

(1) AI infantry don't seem to want to cross the AEF bridges on foot, but have no issues in vehicles.

(2) Having trouble with AEF train crossing the railbridge, suggest you don't attempt to cross the river by train - use the railbridge as a second wheeled/tracked vehicle pathway.

Perhaps someone has some suggestions for these issues? Need help here!

Please use this forum thread for discussion on the island.

If it is anything like your guys' Vietnam islands, I am sure it rocks

Lads, I can honestly say in regards to that comment and the updated and brand-new Nam islands: "You ain't seen nothin yet...."

Para @ Feb. 10 2005,19:17)]Lads, I can honestly say in regards to that comment and the updated and brand-new Nam islands: "You ain't seen nothin yet...."

SWEET! I can't wait biggrin_o.gif!

Dammit!

There is two tiny "bugs" I'd sworn that I had fixed. Both are wardrobes I had previously used to cover a TV in an enterable house. Now since I removed the house, there is a couple of seemingly random wardrobes about biggrin_o.gif

I will post an updated version very soon, I can't stand that!

Sorry if you have already downloaded, I will make two new d/l's one with just the new island version.

sad_o.gif

Website is not working? Used up all your bandwidth or something? sad_o.gif

I don't know what it is, but I find the 'intelligence' of the AI in this mission quite low - if that's possible.  I suppose it's due to the fact that it's meant to be used solely as a MP Mission?  

EDIT: Very nice work on the map btw.

thank you for your continued support for this island.

I have been a fan of this island since release 1, thank you for taking into account my remarks about AI pathways, I will update my missions to this island ASAP.

i just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to make such a nice island. sure it isn't that big, but what's the point in having an island the size of nogova in flashpoint, when i have a good computer, yet i can only have so many units per side! blah blah blah, thanks again! you all should use some of the bridges from the 'team yankee' mod, they are REALLY REALLY nice.

I like your islands. Thanks.

One possible way to make your soldiers go across the bridge ( overwater):-

1. place an object on the other side - barrels or house and name it.

2. place a trigger or use the soldier's init.

3. code:- "this domove getpos objectname

domove getpos command is the last command that will make an unit move. If even that fails..... sad_o.gif

Having been trying out this island around the bridge, not only will ai soldiers on the ground not cross, but neither will any armored vehicles etc (I'm using the ww2collection pack, but have tried all the armor etc with same response). Tanks drive up to the entrance of either bridge, then turn 90 degrees and get stuck, give up, and then drive over and do the same at the other main bridge (rail). Is there a way to fix this? Or is that what Philcommando's suggestion does?

Secondly, any chance of making the bridges dammageable? I don't know how they are built (once piece, or sections), but it'd be nice to be able to blow 'em up...

Great island though...

I have fixed the bridge issue and also tweaked a number of other aspects of the island. Bridge fix simply achieved by adding BIS bridge directly under AEF bridge to "cheat" on the ai pathway issue. It is a solution, but not an ideal one.

The town area has been totally reworked and SP44 now has an extensive trainline and railyard area. It's now possible to travel from a station on one side of the river to another station located in the yards on the river's far bank. One end of the river was riased to achieve this, but then offered the opportunity to include a dam on the island (sweeet!).

Why isn't it out? Well, I fixed a load of stuff and, as usual, screwed up a bunch of other stuff in the process (you island builders will know what this feels like lol). For one I've added too many objects again :P Time for another culling.....

I may release the newer SP44 v5 as perhaps Spearhead45 or something, so they can be used side by side as the "nature of the map" has changed considerably once again.

Also had a real cracker of an idea which has led to a new map "Berlin Or Bust", as the terrain elevation changes would have totally ruined the original SP44 concept.

I did try the Team Yankee bridges, but alas, no ai pathways there either as far as I could tell.

Object builders please note: Island builders need you blokes to put "proper" ai pathways for your objects, otherwise they are only eye-candy. It makes life hard for everyone concerned - island builder, mission makers and the eventual users/players themselves.

Has anyone some suggestion for 100% confirmed working ai pathway addon bridges? I need something "ww2 looking" that doesn't involve a addon pack the size of BAS Tonal :P

Also, as an offshoot, but stilll SP44 related: Does everyone have major issues with AEF train lagging out dedicated server to the point of making any mission involving a train unplayable? This is very likely to be my own limitations as a mission builder, but does anyone else notice huge lag on the dedicated servers? Hmmmmm......