Sign in to follow this  
philcommando

Anyone for a swim?

by the way, does it work a bit like pappys raft?

are oyu using an additional model for that like he or just a script, so that you can't see the water spreading like a bout is driving

Great work as always PC. I was hoping someone could overcome the AI problems with divers...now OFP SEALs can take their armbands off wink_o.gif

Cheers,

CH

To the best of my ability, a swimming addon. I am way over my head in this and anything else further would be..errr...too deep for me biggrin_o.gif

This is a sea bouy which is used to make your soldiers swim

horse487qo.jpg

Download:-

PCswim1   -62kb     -7days only

PS:- please do not link for this is not intended for general release. I take no credit nor require any credit reference to me if u should wish to make it better. Have fun smile_o.gif

-u might need some instructions to familiarise with addon, do read the readtxt and try out the 2 demo placement missions first.

Thanks PC !!! tounge_o.gif

Nice demo, plenty of scope to refine, like working for players also, not just AI and some sort of arm-waving animation smile_o.gif ....

Once I get my other projects a bit more finished .... researching this is next .....

Then once we do that, we'll need a Life Guard mod biggrin_o.gif ...... ie BAYWATCH ! LOL (including 5meter White Pointer hehehe)

err..its working for player too...just name yourself or be the pilot, eject over water and u can swim. No more fear of water ..only this.

And u thot it was safe to go into the water! wow_o.gif

Well done philcommando!

In fact it is safe to go into water in ofp and where i'm living.

No sharks around here alright. biggrin_o.gif

Nice work, but with your permission (I know you said I don't need any but its polite to ask anyways) I would like to improve on this and see if I can get everything to work automaticly, and maybe add some features.

Sure, kyle.

Since not much of feedback, perhaps i can share with you

some of the problems i couldnt overcome.

1. Swimmer no animation and when he speeds up, the body rises half above water. Could try to lower the speed or give a setvelocity script to prevent him from speeding up.

2. Not really fully automatic as i still have to give the soldiers a name before they can use the swim feature and depending on the list of names in the script, unlike the other method in the demo using script where i can use up to 100 soldiers, but then had to manually write down the exec on the init.

3. i could only make the pilot of planes swimable but unfortunately i cant make the pilot of choppers do the same, only the crew gets saved but not the chopper pilot.

4. When the swimmer is swimming, he wont die perhaps cos i give him a setdammage command not to for fear during the transition between in the water and getting his swim gear on he loses his life. Only by throwing grenades will he dies while on water.

However, in your hands and gnat and others, i am sure u guys will be able to overcome such problems easily. Looking forward to your version release, all the best! smile_o.gif

Great job smile_o.gif. Iwas getting sick of haveing to use Pilot(Sea) to swim. Now we just need a shark.

I found out the reason for the guy popping out of the water at high speeds. All vehicles classed as boats in OFP will rise out of the water and kinda "bounce" on the water at high speeds (high relative to its max speed). I know that CoC overcame this (and the wake) by classing it as a floatable car. However, classing it as a car causes it not to work for AI and also makes it hard to manuver. So, I figure I will try a class in between boat and floating car; APC.

@Philcommando: Have you got some time for a shark what attacks swimming units in the water?

Would be so cool.And then a surfer addon for sharks to eat someone. biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

All vehicles classed as boats in OFP will rise out of the water and kinda "bounce" on the water at high speeds (high relative to its max speed).

I generally found you can get rid of both these "problems" by;

1 - Increasing the Weight (heavy ... less/no bounce)

2 - move the CG well forward (bow doesnt rise half as much)

Well maybe that would work, but getting what about getting rid of the wake? Anyways, Yea I got it all to work automaticly, you just need to put a line in the init box of each unit that you want to swim, and getting in and out of the water is automtic.