Sign in to follow this  
Jmaster33

My PC and OFP

I'm running an:

AMD 3200+

512mb DDR Ram

GeForce FX 5600 (with the Omega drivers)

I've used TuneXP and stuff and messed around with all my settings.

My OFP settings are:

1024x768x32

2000 View Distance

Highest frame rate and visual quality

No AA or AF

No addons whatsoever

I'm getting like 20fps on Desert Island with no units on it, what's the deal with that?

It's at Normal, there's no way I should be getting these kind of frame rates I mean I never used to.

No luck as of yet. The odd thing is that HL2 runs like a dream on high settings, but OFP, I get 10fps on the menu.

I'm really confused here.

Remember that OFP campaigns were made with the default view distance : 900

Making it higher is a nice option that Resistance is allowing the user (before Resistance you need to place yourself a setviewdistance in an init line/trigger in the editor) , but as nice it is , it can be source of framerates drop.

You have it at 2000 , how about lowering it to 1500 , it is always bigger than the default view distance (so it looks better) but should not hurt your framerate as much as 2000.

And i doubt the half life 2 game you are playing with very high fps has maps as big as OFP islands, and lowering the terrain to low or very low improve things a very lot too.

It's okay, suddenly my frame rates picked up for no reason at all that I can see. How odd.

It's okay, suddenly my frame rates picked up for no reason at all that I can see. How odd.

Aliens. ghostface.gif

Or maybe Alienware wink_o.giftounge_o.gif

If it happens again you should check for spyware and check if anything is hogging your CPU by looking in task manager, even the most innocuous of programs for example a graphic cards utility program can at times use 100% CPU Usage.

Go to your preferences and increase the memory useage up to 500 MB. This boosted my OFP literally.

Well, I'm running it on a:

Athlon XP 2500+ @ 3200+

512MB PC3200 RAM

Radeon 9600 PRO

I can run it at 43FPS being the average on Tonal. (With FULL AA and AF on)

Maybes it's your graphics card? I used to have the same card on this system, and I got a lot lower.

yep, the graphics card is pretty crappy. i have the same one sad_o.gifcrazy_o.gif it's wasted money... mad_o.gif

He needs more ram, terrain at normal+2000 view distance+visual quality at max should need more than 512 megs of ram, the lag doesnt seem video related so i guess he could up the resolution too smile_o.gif .