Sign in to follow this  
AustralianSpecialForces

Flashbang

Then stones would be grenades, wouldn't they?

Looking good. I hoppe you get the scripting working nice with it.

Regards.

@CERO.

regarding _X

A snippet of code i copied from somewhere for an example:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

#start

@  _helo animationphase "switch1FRope" ==1

? (getdammage _helo)>= 0.9:exit

_array = []

"if (_x != driver _helo && _x != gunner _helo && _x in _helo) then {_array = _array + [_x]}" foreach _allcrew

_allcrew = _array

~1

? (count _allcrew) == 0:goto "next"

If thats not enough code of what it is please tell me and i will get the rest of it.  wink_o.gif

in your example, _X represents each unit in _allcrew, anything done to _X is done to each unit in _allcrew.

Quote[/b] ]

in your example, _X represents each unit in _allcrew, anything done to _X is done to each unit in _allcrew.

So _X is the _Array? That makes sense. The reason I asked about it all is because I know it sorta represented that just wasnt really sure. I think i might be needing it for the scripting too? smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

Then stones would be grenades, wouldn't they?

Lmao, good one... Yeh the sorta trims on the middle and bottom kinda do make it look a bit *Rockish*. Ohwell it'll look great when your throwing it. I think its the effect it has that really matters. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

ooks fine, how big is it in comparison to a person in o2?

About the same size as a m1a1...

Its a little bigger I think then a standard BIS grenade. smile_o.gif

Also:

Flashbangv.89.JPG

Look what you made me do CERO wink_o.gif

Thanks smile_o.gif

*EDIT*

Hate to break it to you Kyle, but this could be out tommorow... I just finished the config.cpp and am now working on the scripting for the flash and the Disorienting.... wink_o.gif

Thanks, but I at the moment I want to know why In OFP it says only 1 error stopping me from beta testing this baby:

cannot open "data3d/flashbang.p3d"

Is there a special way your meant to save it when your finished cause i have noticed if you de-pbo other addons you cant edit them... tounge_o.gif

Any help? wink_o.gif

Thanks, but I at the moment I want to know why In OFP it says only 1 error stopping me from beta testing this baby:

cannot open "data3d/flashbang.p3d"

Is there a special way your meant to save it when your finished cause i have noticed if you de-pbo other addons you cant edit them...  tounge_o.gif

Any help?  wink_o.gif

That usualy happens when OFP can't find the model, usualy when you mess the path up in the config, lol. Make sure you've got it right wink_o.gif . I suggest that you wait to get it perfect before you release, you should have a good model, sounds, deafening and blinding scripts, and a solid detection script for the final release.

I aint releasing to its v1.05

lol meaning better than it was going to be. tounge_o.gif

I think i know how i stuffed up the path...

*EDIT*

I guess we all know what I have to do now:

HUGE.JPG

A little big? tounge_o.gif

*PROGRESS REPORT*

My Second Time using O2...

flashbang.JPG

2 weeks later...

Flashbangv.89.JPG

I know that you want to release it very soon, but if you get stoked with the sounds let me know if you would like some hellp with sound editing, I'll be glad to hellp you.

BTW, you could use that size as a laser guided flash bang launched from satelite wow_o.gifghostface.gif

biggrin_o.gif LOL That would knock a full town.

Regards.

@CERO

Lmao.... I'm serious I fell off my chair when you said that:

Quote[/b] ]

you could use that size as a laser guided flash bang launched from satelite.

Quote[/b] ]

LOL That would knock a full town.

About the sounds their all good just having trouble in the config now to get them to work when it hits... Also finding out how to turn off the explosion...

Have you cheked the old flash bang addon that came with the pre-resistance rangers?

I think it was that one that had a flash bang that worked against AI, but they needed to execute the script from the inits, so it may be complety different scripting.

Regards.

@CERO.

No I havent seen or even heard of them.

Ok hopefully by tommorow the Flashbang could be released.

The scripts are mostly done now, testing them and changing them is what I am doing. I made this addon to learn about O2 and how OFP regognizes addons and config etc. In other words: To Widen my knowledge. Also to have a great advantage over helpless souls. tounge_o.gif

Take your time, get it right, and don't rush it.  smile_o.gif

On the contrary, hurry up for heaven's sakes mad_o.giftounge_o.gif.

This looks very promising!  I can't wait to play around with these in CQB... smile_o.gif

Err would you like a flashbang with bugs? Maybe a bright pink flash, with a bird sound?  rock.gif  tounge_o.gif

I would prefer Maroon and a cat meow...just a personal preference wink_o.giftounge_o.gif.

Err would you like a flashbang with bugs? Maybe a bright pink flash, with a bird sound? rock.giftounge_o.gif

I would prefer Maroon and a cat meow...just a personal preference wink_o.giftounge_o.gif.

Believe and you shall recieve. tounge_o.gif

hahahhahaah, laughing my ass off...

New Pictures ingame will be displayed soon. If I'm quick enough, the Flashbang will be out before my night is depleted of all sources.

Hmmm... Sounds like a time for a Energy boost of some kind... wink_o.gif

Sunlight Gaze... The last thing you'll see for a few minutes... smile_o.gif

SunlightXM84.JPG

Oh look a UFO, whats it doing there.... BANG!

Hey UFO. Am I Dead?

To be technical, it wouldn't matter, as it's well.... bright.

Though on one hand, I was playing RvS, and got hit with a dual flashbang/tear-gas combo in a corner.  Luckily I had a wingman who got the tosser, or I would have been dead.  Can't wait to see those to be used.

Hmmm Thanks for The Idea, Next will be either a gas grenade, or Tear Gas, but then again Tear gas would be almost the same as a Flashbang just different method... A poisonous gas grenade though :P

Gases would be kinda cool too. Just think of it, you throw a grenade and gas starts to come out of it (could be like a smoke grenade) and then, the victims play a custom anim like they couldn't breath properly. Then you just.. Shoot em. In OFP, they take no prisoners tounge_o.gif