Sign in to follow this  
Wilco

Suchey's Updated Marines and LAV-25

Well, after a long one month of being lazy, frustrated, and just plain pissed, I finally managed a beta worthy version to release.

As you all know, I was not satisfied with Suchey's Marines, now I'm not saying they weren't awesome, because damn they were, nothing like MARPAT on the field of battle wink_o.gif.  I decided to load up his textures and models, along with Laser's Models and do just a personal project with converting parts of Laser's units over to my updated Suchey's.  I also went countless times redoing the textures of Suchey's Marines until I decided to download BAS's template and just start from there.  The textures sat perfectly with the layout the old ones were given.  Just a week ago I also decided to add some gear to CAF's USMC LAV-25.  My ideas didn't stop there, I uploaded the textures into photoshop and had my dirty little way with them.  What you see hear wouldn't be anything without the amazing addon makers who made these addons.  I merely updated the LAV and USMC units, but I also borrowed high quality gear from INQ's, King_Homer's, and T_D's M1A2 Abrams SEP Pack for CAF's badass LAV-25.  I also borrowed outstanding models and texturs from Laser's Rangers for Suchey's handcrafted Marines, without these Addon Maker's hard work I would have nothing to update, nothing to add, and nothing to show.  

I am in no way taking this project all to myself, although I did the updates to both of these already superb addons, I did not put it anywhere near the countless hours these guys put in.  So thank you Laser, Inquisitor, King_Homer, T_D, Suchey, and CAF(Canadian Armed Forces).

So, without further wait, here you go...

ofp0266ll.jpg

ofp0345hk.jpg

ofp0101uz.jpg

ofp0145pb.jpg

ofp0133yc.jpg

ofp0064kd.jpg

The File

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=7833

http://s6.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1TOMGT86EEQ8A2ALP0C4RCJUM9 -LAV Fix, FIXES EVERYTHING

The Readme

Quote[/b] ]

Wilco USMC LAV25 and USMC Combat infantrymen.

-----------------------------------------------

First off, I would like to give full credit to Suchey, CAF, Laser, INQ, King_Homer, and T_D.

Suchey-  His amazing handcrafted Marines which I reworked with new textures and added gear.

CAF-  Their outstanding LAV which I reworked.

Laser- For his MANY amazing textures I have used on this addon, includes most of the newly added gear.

INQ, King_Homer, T_D-  For their extremely high quality gear and gas cannisters which I used for the LAV.

---------------------------------

Suchey's Marines have been totaly reworked.  New gear has been added, and textures have been completely redone.

CAF's LAV has also been completely reworked.  Mostly texture changes and model additions.

Screenshots are included.

-----------------------------

To install:

Put in your Res/AddOns folder, no other addons are needed.

REMEMBER, I am not responsible if this makes your computer melt somehow.

---------------

Bugs/Issues:  

No wound textures, Will add in next release

AA and Sniper classes were deleted in config but SOMEHOW still show up, if anyone can help me on this feel free to check out the config.

Various LOD bugs and Shadows, nothing major.

Textures colors may be a bit off of the real thing, but I'm not perfect.

LAV LOD's might not be perfect.

Any other, then please send to thetuffedupsquirrel@hotmail.com (MSN also) or Wanchungy (AIM).

--------------

The Force Recon was not messed with, I will redo them in a later release along with blood textures.

Have fun, and Semper Fi.

This is only a somewhat beta release, only small bugs to fix, but if there are any texture problems, which I have checked over and over, then please tell me at once, I have checked over them atleast five times but something I may have missed, but everything should be fine wink_o.gif.

Have fun guys. smile_o.gif

Out-frikin-standing, Wilco. I give you a hearty Marine Corps Hoooooraaaaaahhhhh!

Also, I am very sorry but I did not change the name of Suchey's PBO, so it is still SUCHusmc, it would have taken too long to rewrite all of those texture names and redo most of the config, but I will change it next release.

Sorry again guys.

I like the idea of it being in the same pbo. It would make it where we get the updated MARPATS and still be compatable with old missions. smile_o.gif

Hope you remembered to fix the lod issue in the LAV will stops shaking like chichua on crack.

whats with the kneepads, is it a bug they are different sizes?

Other than the not wanting my old marines overwritten its good.

there is a program that makes changing names and texture pathes a bit nicer in this situation kind a old hex editor of such. Find that and your good to go.

Wanna hlep me with my cobra jokies and marine helos? Now ya done?

Hope you remembered to fix the lod issue in the LAV will stops shaking like chichua on crack.  

whats with the kneepads, is it a bug they are different sizes?

Other than the not wanting my old marines overwritten its good.

there is a program that makes changing names and texture pathes a bit nicer in this situation kind a old hex editor of such.   Find that and your good to go.  

Wanna hlep me with my cobra jokies and marine helos?  Now ya done?

1:  LAV never shook.

2:  The kneepads, it's the animations that make them different sizes since they are a part of the body, when the knee bends the kneepad goes with it.

3:  Sorry to hear that.

4:  Yes, I have it.

Dunno, going to take a break with editing crap for now.

One more thing: For the slow people, the LAV is a whole seperate PBO.

The pilots are don'e just need textures. They looks stupid with white helmets when they have marpet cammo covers on them now. Wanna change the flight suits to marpat as well instead of green.

Sigma6 must have fixed it cause the Marine CAF LAV I got does shake on uneven ground like most of the desert maps. Considering doing a desert paint version of the LAV, I can give ya a hand like adding scripts and crap, seeing most of the other mod work is on hold while other take vacations from modding on the mod teams.

...Considering doing a desert paint version of the LAV...

I was thinking the same thing.  A desert LAV would be a welcomed addon to this fine pack smile_o.gif.

EDIT: Something like this wink_o.gif.

Thats kinda cool, lookslike its been crashed with all the welding patches on the frontal slope. Most of the LAvs I see are painted tan but cause they are used in a desert area in Yuma. And usual really beat to shit from years as a training vehicle.

Search google images for Desert LAV25. There is a whole collection of pictures like that one wink_o.gif.

I think it was better before someone decided to screw around with it

Then don't download it mate wink_o.gif

One of the gas tanks on the turret doesn't move with the turret. It just stays in place regardless of how the turret moves.

Argh, really?  Damnit....I probably didn't add it to a selection that it's supposed to be on...crap!

I'll get an update as soon as I can, sorry guys.

Edit: Turns out I just fixed it.

I'll get an update as soon as I can.

I havent wink_o.gif

Then thank you for getting your point across, although it was uneeded, thank you wink_o.gif

Getting a download link up now as we speak on that update, very sorry about that guys.

So I go and check my email today, and I get this  wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

Sent :  Sunday, January 23, 2005 7:41 PM

To :  thetuffedupsquirrel@hotmail.com

Subject :  (no subject)

you fucked up the Marine Assault Pack you fucking pile of dog shit I demand you tell ofp.cz to take it off they're server

I guess this comes with the "glory" or reworking things eh? No biggy, this is to all of the people who don't like my pack:

Don't download it.

Simple as that smile_o.gif

Looks very nice, downloading.

Oh and for the name that will lead into problem when using the MAP addons, you can always use mod folders so you will not have the MAP addons in the same mod folders with those marines .

And so you can use them both (only not at the same time).

So I go and check my email today, and I get this wink_o.gif
Quote[/b] ]

Sent : Sunday, January 23, 2005 7:41 PM

To : thetuffedupsquirrel@hotmail.com

Subject : (no subject)

you fucked up the Marine Assault Pack you fucking pile of dog shit I demand you tell ofp.cz to take it off they're server

I guess this comes with the "glory" or reworking things eh? No biggy, this is to all of the people who don't like my pack:

Don't download it.

Simple as that smile_o.gif

well on behalf of the ofp community i say were srry u have gotten that email

to the lighter note this is a great re work we really needed an updat on the usmc lav thansk again wilco blues.gif

Thanks, these guys are awesome. I like them far better than the original Marines.

I have uploaded Wilco's updated version of the pack that has the LAV25 fixed version to OFP.info. You can grab it here. Enjoy!

These look great. How is the armour on that LAV? Is it the same as the CAF one? It would be nice if it didnt get blow up with RPG's, instead just get disabled.