Sign in to follow this  
Big Dawg KS

A New AH-64 Pack

I saw something similar except w/ marines and a supercobra. In Afghanistan a marine patrol needed an evac, so the cobra landed and they opened up the, er, gun ammo door (I think) and 2 marines could sit on that at a time and they did that untill they got all 6 marines out of the area. Pretty interesting stuff. smile_o.gif

Edited:

Stupid spelling mistakes! tounge_o.gif

Yep, apparantly each ammo bay door on a Cobra can seat two soldiers in a pinch. I read a book written by a Vietnam gunship pilot who used this feature on a couple of occasions.

Wow, that is something. It could probably done with the cargo positions, but new animations would be needed. sad_o.gif I have no experience there.

A great, perfect! Really helps for the MFD pages. The pictures are a little fuzzy though, some of it is hard to make out. Does anyone happen to have any pictures of them that are of better quality?

Anyways I figure I can do the Weapons MFD, System MFD, Engine MFD, and maybe the TADS MFD.

Should be fun biggrin_o.gif

Like I said, wasn't sure. Well, cool then.

Oh, just curious. What rotor sounds are you going to use? BIS's, BASs', Marco Polo's, or do you got something of your own to debut?

Personally not a big fan of Marco's. They sound way to high pitched and for a moment there's a part where it goes even higher pitched. Drives me nuts.

I just watched that apache video,excellent,I love how you can manually change the weapon layout,the model is great too but theres one thing I forgot to mention,I think everyone did,the antenna on the tail.

http://www.air-and-space.com/2002030....20l.jpg

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/ah-64d-longbow5.jpg

http://apma.org.au/reference/helicopter/apache_longbow/apache.html

http://apma.org.au/referen....w08.jpg

http://apma.org.au/referen....w14.jpg

That woud definatly give you and your teams apache something that all others don't have.

I am definatly liking what I am seeing and I'm sure all of the apache fans and fanatics are as well,keep up the good work man,we'll try to help any way we can.

rotor sounds...what about something from that game AH-64D Longbow air assault or somethin,I can get the sound from that and it sounded like it did on boeings website.

Ok, the rotor (in real life) sounds like this:

http://www.voodoo.cz/ah64/u/apache.wav

The BIS one is very similar. And xnodunitx thanks once again for the pictures and the information about the antenna. I will model that in a few minutes. Every part is important, no matter how small  biggrin_o.gif

Hmm... yeah it sounds about right, except where the sound repeats itself. Anyone with audio talents able to make it sound less obvious?

Interesting gatordev, however, the inaccuracy is not there on purpose, it's just something I noticed with the script, it used to sometimes descend and when at about 20 ft off the ground shoot back up into the air, but I fixed that now, however it may still not hit the target directly (that is why I gave it a higher indirect hit damage), it usualy hits a bit behind your target, but you still get the kill smile_o.gif.

Fair enough. Thanks for working on a fix.

Ok, got new pictures. I added the antena:

newmodel17bp.th.jpg

newmodel27dv.th.jpg

Shvn, I really liked Marco Polo's start up sound but yes his engine sound was off. Im using the BIS one now since its the closest to the real thing.

Sweet! I like the antenna,perfect! and for the hell of asking just as a curious thing,will you be changing the blur of the moving rotor to another style more like the real thing?

It's comming along great man,keep up the good work you and (if you have it) the team.

Well, what does th blur look like? You can't tell from any of the photographs. Got any videos or anything?

I like the engine startup noise from marco too. It's just the rotor sound is totally off.

Oh yeah. I agree. The blur that most mods use is actually too blurry. The rotors are more defined in real life.

I'm probably going to be checking this topic every hour if not 5 minutes since I like the apache so much and this is already looking great,I can't wait to see the end effect....I'm hoping that the textures in the end have more bolt detail than all the others.....I had some dark greenish textures with bolts but got deleted......hmm....I can work on the textures but not apply them,I can send them you Kyle,is that alright?

Yea, go ahead and send them, er, but what kind of textures are they, modified BIS ones? Or did you make them yourself?

It depends,probably going to start off with BIS ones,or something....hmm...*thinks* or are you using slightly different ones? like the longbow from BOH or somethin?

Well, what I am saying is that if you take the BIS textures, and then just convert them into green or the texture you want while keeping the same shape and format and etc... it would be easier to apply to the model.

If you want the BIS textures I could send them to you.

And hehe yes check the thread every 5 minutes its what I do since people are so quick to reply smile_o.gif

Alright,sorry I had just gotten out of OFP testing the new rain texture,kickarse,yeah sure send me some of them textures,I'll also try to add little things like the lights on the engines,untill you want me to do that as a seperate texture incase you want to make the lights on the engines into model pieces unlike BIS did.

Hehe, I am one step ahead of you on the lights, I did turn the into a model piece. As for the textures, well I have been having trouble with zipping things because my winrar is all messed up, so I will send them to you in a .pbo file I suppose, is that ok?

Edit:

Oh and how should I send it to you? You got MSN or an email adress?

dreed4@msn.com I don't really care if anyone else here gets it,its just an e-mail,besides I have backups,glad to hear bout the news that you are making the lights into polygons,yeah pbo will work,I will just use the depbo tool or box pbo,one of the two,there is just one thing,I have a program called textview and another one called PaNSee,each one shows the textures at different sizes,which one would I use,I have made textures in the past,well edited and rarely made but still...and I just never applied them because I had no idea how to use O2,and now thats its screwed up on me so I can't see a thing doesn't help,but just send the files to that adress or use msn messenger if you want,I'm on most of the time.

Ok, I sent you an email containing everything biggrin_o.gif I hope it works and you are able to provide some really badass textures tounge_o.gif

By the way,I want to ask,are you planning on going all the way with this? as there is a neat feature I think every fan would like to see but I didn't want to bring it up as I don't want to push you too much or to quit the project.