Sign in to follow this  
cell7

Fire extinguisher

Is there an addon of a fire extinguisher or a fire truck that can put out fires on partly damaged viehicals? I guess you can use a smoke script or a flame thrower script and partly repair the target instead of damaging it.

Do you think it can be done as I have suggested?

I'll try it out.

partly repair the target instead of damaging it.

the target is the thing that creates the smoke? when dammaged more and more?

If you're planning on repairing an airplane by engulfing it with water... crazy_o.gif

it cant be done

i think ive seen some fire extingisher doen by a mod

but this was mounted on plane or so (months ago)

dunno wot happend to it tho

it cant be done

i think ive seen some fire extingisher doen by a mod

but this was mounted on plane or so (months ago)

dunno wot happend to it tho

I've started work on it. Let you know how it goes. wink_o.gif

should prove intersing seeing in FlashFX mod I'm often sent back to the airbase with crispy tail feathers. Often wondering if I could put out the fire, before the aircraft exploded. Let them cook too long they explode don't think any other mod allows that, CLSA just smokes, even after you land and shut her down.

To bad vehicles are allready toast before they brew up. Could have used an addonlike this for the Dogmatic BMX bike addon, it catch fire when you wreak it and explode killing you and anyong within 50 meters in the old CLSA, before I muttered to Bobby and Maa about it and they fixed the exploding car class bug. Not tried it in FlashFX to see if I can get the bike to catch fire, the AI just go over the bars head first the last couple of times I played with it 80 mph on a bicycle..

should prove intersing seeing in FlashFX mod I'm often sent back to the airbase with crispy tail feathers.   Often wondering if I could put out the fire, before the aircraft exploded.   Let them cook too long they explode don't think any other mod allows that, CLSA just smokes, even after you land and shut her down.  

To bad vehicles are allready toast before they brew up.   Could have used an addonlike this for the Dogmatic BMX bike addon, it catch fire when you wreak it and explode killing you and anyong within 50 meters in the old CLSA, before I muttered to Bobby and Maa about it and they fixed the exploding car class bug.    Not tried it in FlashFX to see if I can get the bike to catch fire, the AI just go over the bars head first  the last couple of times I played with it 80 mph on a bicycle..

I suspect model-makers choose their scrips according to practicality,function and good old fation fun before relieasing them to the puplic. Putting out a fire would give race mods a second chance to repair their cars and get back in the race. It would give addons like JMG's Firetruck a use..... I would leave it up to their discretion.

There is allready a MOD working on something like that. With all kinds of fire engines, fire fighters, ...

The FFW MOD worked till now in a small dark room unnoticed of the public. Our Subject is the german fire brigade and other german rescue organisations. We have many vehicles with heavy scripting as well as choppers boats fire fighters medics and many special features. But it will take much time to the first release.

If you understand german you can try out this thread of the MMP-Forum the thread. You can also find some screenshots there, but only Screens and Statements posted by me or Helifreak are official FFW MOD information there are also some other addon makers posting screens but these are NOT from FFW. So watch only for posts by KaseKasimir and Helifreak. For your Information the most of the vehicles are based on MMP addons.

Just some notes if any newbie wanna make a simple extinguisher.

1.The model can be base as a weapon with bullets shut off.

2. Add in a pos switch so that u can enable user action command in config.

3. In the user action command, set the condition "alive this"

4. The statement =' this inflame false"

5. radius = 7m

What it does is that when u go near a fire, which is started by the inflame true command, will 'switch' the flame off. No scripting needed. ( might need to experiment with the 'this' to get it to react to the fire addon)

However if u want some eye candy, u can actually either use the weapon gun class settings to get smoke simulating carbon dioxide comming out of the nozzle of your gun, or a drop command script to show water particles.

Many ways, this is just a simple way. All the best

As far as I remember VBS1 also has a training mode for emergency response teams (like fire rescue teams).

Wouldn't it be great if we could have a fire department mod?

I think OFP is a good basis: we have fire, burning buildings, vehicles and men.

I don#t how acctual this thread is, but I'll just reply...

The FFW-Mod about which KaseKasmir spoke doesn't exist anymore, they also didn't give any reasons why they don't work anymore.

But don't worry:

Just as reaction that they stopped their work, the

Katastrophenschutz in OFP-mod opened.

Here are some screenshots:

banner.jpg

autounfall24eg1gq.jpg

flashpointbeta2005012517222731.jpg

mfg

jan