Anyway 2 turn ODOL to MLOD?

Thx

Luke

WHere can i get this tool?

/

Anyway 2 turn ODOL to MLOD?

Thx

Luke

there is a way to make odol.. mlod.. but it totaly ruins the lightning on the model i believe.. also some other things change then but i do not know for sure. smile_o.gif

Well there is a tool that is NOT publicaly available, and doesn't ruin lighting... now I don't know if it's legal on this forum even to mention it's name so I won't risk. I personally had it but lost it during an emergency system format sad_o.gif

u guys mean odel explorer??

about the light thingy

soem models use cfgmaterials which indeed only works

binerized

once u changed wot u want simply bin it again

the lightning shoudl work again

Guest RKSL-Rock
@ Jan. 13 2005,22:45)]Wich Lighting Problem ?

He means the problems with smooth and sharp edges when 'some' addons are saved as MLOD.

But it usually only happens when people use the 2.44 version that escaped some time back.  The 2.0 version works fine.

Its got nothing to do with CFGMaterials.

odol explorer sometimes splits models in parts depending on faces orientation, just use optimalize function and smoth edges, lightning problem fixed :]

Whilst we're talking about ODOL Explorer, I have this strange problem that when I open a model with it,

a) it doesn't seem able to find the textures associated with it (get pop-up saying it can't find them), even though they get displayed in the texture collection window (the one below the lod window)

b) for vehicles, they seem to have lost all mass, one shot at them and they fly away, and are totally undriveable

Is there some post-processing you need to do to the MLOD after the conversion, or am I doing something horribly wrong rock.gif

Whilst we're talking about ODOL Explorer, I have this strange problem that when I open a model with it,

a) it doesn't seem able to find the textures associated with it (get pop-up saying it can't find them), even though they get displayed in the texture collection window (the one below the lod window)

You may have to reset the data directory. There's a button

at the bottom of the middle pane in OdolEx to set the

'basis' folder (the one where Buldozer is installed, typically)

Quote[/b] ]b) for vehicles, they seem to have lost all mass, one shot at them and they fly away, and are totally undriveable

Is there some post-processing you need to do to the MLOD after the conversion, or am I doing something horribly wrong rock.gif

OdolEx 2.0 doesn't process the GeoLOD very well, but if

you click on the geo lod in the (OdolEx) selection list, the

total mass will be displayed about 3/4 of the way down

the central pane. Open up the MLOD, go to GeoLOD, Ctrl-A

then set the mass to that value. You may also have to run

the optimise command and the component-convex-hull

command to get a valid geometry.

Offtime - Smooth edges for the whole model is not a good

idea. Some edges are _supposed_ to be sharp.

P3dEdit, altho it's a oldy but it still stay's the goldie of them all smile_o.gif

It was made by OFP Internals and last year it got released on a Russian site smile_o.gif

You may have to reset the data directory. There's a button

at the bottom of the middle pane in OdolEx to set the

'basis' folder (the one where Buldozer is installed, typically)

Quote[/b] ]b) for vehicles, they seem to have lost all mass, one shot at them and they fly away, and are totally undriveable

OdolEx 2.0 doesn't process the GeoLOD very well, but if

you click on the geo lod in the (OdolEx) selection list, the

total mass will be displayed about 3/4 of the way down

the central pane. Open up the MLOD, go to GeoLOD, Ctrl-A

then set the mass to that value. You may also have to run

the optimise command and the component-convex-hull

command to get a valid geometry.

Offtime - Smooth edges for the whole model is not a good

idea. Some edges are _supposed_ to be sharp.

Cheers bud, thx a lot smile_o.gif

When I reverse compiled char3.p3d from the resistance O.pbo and did the geo lod fix it didn't work. The guy wouldn't move and the textures were all buggy... I really wish those were released as mlod. I'm no good at making addons from scratch.