Sign in to follow this  
russin

sound Crackling

ive just reinstalled ofp on a new System and my sound is all weirded out mad_o.gif sounds like im in a tunnel and im getting crackling sounds

specs

intel 3.2 gighz

ram 512ddr

vid ati 9800 256 meg

Sound: sound blaster audigy

any ideas why this has happened it worked fine before on my old system(same sound card)

If your motherboard has onboard sound try using that and see if that's causing the problem.

Is your Audigy updated to the latest patch? (that could or could not be causing the problems)

Check for onbaord sound, if you have it make sure it`s deactivated. Did the soundcard use the same system resources as other hardware like grafikcard or so?

well tried everything reinstallied Audigy etc... everything else works just fine all other games no problems only OFP for some reason...

i have latest drivers as well my on-board sound is disabled so i no that ain't it

Have you tried in the OFP audio options to enable/disable the EAX or Hardware Acceleration, or both of them ?

what a pain this is ive tried everything i can think of this is a real bummer im so sad sad_o.gif

and yes ive looked at Avon Ladys FAQ with nothing working to correct the problem and it is only OFP that the sound is messed up and un-playable mad_o.gif

What OS are you running, bro? if its below windows 2k you are in deep crap because audigy cards dont really work well with older operating systems, ESPECIALLY in OFP (Crashing + lots of lag + crackling + distorted/odd sounds). I had the EXACT same issue with my Audigy 2 ZS when I was back on windows 98se. If you are on 2000 or XP then I have NO clue what the issue could be....

im running XP pro

also when in game i hear battles and gun fire that isn't there and it plays over and over no matter where i am

im guessing Audigy card is not compatable with OFP with my Mother board and OFP as everything else sounds good only OFP is fubar

1MB L2 Cache/ 800 FSB /HT support

ASUS P5P800 Motherboard

Support Intel Hyper-Threading Technology 8X AGP, 8USB Port2s, 800 FSB

512 MB DDR RAM 400MHz Dual Channel

160GB WD JB(8MB) 7200 Hard Drive

Some mobo's share resources between different PCI slots, putting the card in a particular slot may make it vulnerable to interference. I have system-wide issues along those lines if I have the 1394 adaptor from my Audigy2 enabled. If this is the case, moving the card or disableing system resources in the BIOS may resolve the issue. There should be a chart in your mobo manual about that.

You should also check your audio configuration settings in the un-Creative utilities. Make sure your speaker settings are correct, and disable any funky EAX filters or effects, as those could also have an undesirable impact on audio quality.

ya i tried switching PCI slots with same results sad_o.gif

I had the same issues with my sound card altough I have no idea witch one it is. After every reinstall of OFP or Windows or format I get that, it usually helps switching between 1st then 3rd person view mode. And eventually sound stops crackling. Hope your does too wink_o.gif

I had the same issues with my sound card altough I have no idea witch one it is. After every reinstall of OFP or Windows or format I get that, it usually helps switching between 1st then 3rd person view mode. And eventually sound stops crackling. Hope your does too  wink_o.gif

it is a new system ive tried allmost everything i can think of i guees ill try a new Card hopfully audigy 2 will work with my new system im missing OFP big time sad_o.gif

it usually helps switching between 1st then 3rd person view mode. And eventually sound stops crackling. Hope your does too  wink_o.gif

ive noticed it pops everytime i switch to 3rd and first crackle still there and doesn't disapear im thinking more and more like OFP doesn't like SB cards in general ive read a bucnch of posts with simalier problems and i dought anybody is gonna fix it for a 3 year old game....

im wondering even if the audigy 2 will work as ive seen posts with that card crackling as well??

my specs again

1MB L2 Cache/ 800 FSB /HT support

ASUS P5P800 Motherboard

Support Intel Hyper-Threading Technology 8X AGP, 8USB Port2s, 800 FSB

512 MB DDR RAM 400MHz Dual Channel

160GB WD JB(8MB) 7200 Hard Drive

anybody running OFP with this MB and if so what card are you using ?

Russin, I have/had the same issue, with my Audigy 2 and being a 'Audiophile' nut, sounds mean everything to me, I gave up on OFP completely as it was the only game I played that was basically fubared by creatives latest Audigy 2 driver set.

Question for the devs (if they even view this forum anymore) by using an older sound .dll file in OFP's base directory, will OFP use use this instead of the one in Windows system dir?

Besides disabling Audio HW acceleration in OFP, did you lower the HW accelartion slider in Windows Control Panel?

yes ive tried that as well as usin older drivers im not on audigy 2 tho i got the audigy Gamer i was gonna get the audigy 2 but im not so sure what too get now mad_o.gif

We have an Aud II on a PC with an Asus P4P800 MB and no problems.

well mabe ill give it a go but ive spent my bank roll on all the shit i got im tapped out but in a few weeks ill pick one up im really really really missing OFP sad_o.gifsad_o.gif

Thanks Avon Lady biggrin_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock

I had it with my SB Live! - I upgraded to an Audigy II and swapped out cards and boards...conclusion was that its the SoundBlaster.

Then i found a thread about the patch for the SB cards now they work fine.  I've tried it on 3 different boards now with 4 SB cards - install the patch and no problem.

Look on the SB and creative sites and im sure you'll find it.  Its an optional fix so i dont think its part of the latest driver set.

If i find the link i'll post it.

http://hardware.mcse.ms/message5476.html Heres the reason and maybe a fix if you can change your PCI latency...

PATCH = http://drivers.softpedia.com/get....s.shtml

Hope it helps wink_o.gif

hey Rocko thanks but that patch didn't work i still crackle and it was installed sad_o.gifsad_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock

See if you can change the PCI latency in your BIOS. It may be that your hardware is forcing the setting that the patch cant change.

Other than that im oout ideas...

...although mine used to stop crackling wheni switch between 1st and 3rd person view a couple of times...not a solution but its a work around of sorts.

Russin,

Try this PCI Latency Tool and try to set your latency to 128 (or higher) for your soundcard.

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=951

Note you have to do it after every reboot (can be automated by the tool) since the HW drivers resets to it's own latency at boot.

Hope it helps....

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

sad_o.gif It's really a long time prolem for me, Audigy work fine on my one computer, the SBlive have a crap and noise sound on another old computer when I start the tank. mad_o.gif