Sign in to follow this  
Garcia

Craaash

About 1 month ago I got a new computer and we removed everything from the HD...now, on my old computer which was very bad (800 Mhz, 386 Mb SDRAM, GF2 etc...) OFP worked, but on my new computer (2.2 Ghz, 512 DDR RAM, GF FX 5200, K8V SE Deluxe, Win XP (all newest drivers installed)). I got 1.96 installed too, but for some reason OFP crashes...crashes the computer actually. First when we got the computer I installed OFP and copied the old OFP folder from my backup HD to the new folder...worked fine for some time, then it started to crash...I reinstalled all my mod folders and it worked again, then it started to crash...again...so I removed all files, reinstalled the game, "reinstalled" all addons in SEB, BAS, I44 and finmod mod folders, and some addons (some in the OFP\Addons folder and some in the OFP\Res\Addons folder). It worked for some time...again...and then crashed...again...I get no error or something...it just restarts my computer...just like if I pressed the restart button...this only happens in OFP, and after the first crash it happens when starting a mission, exiting the game or after some time in the editor...when playing MP I can DL the mission from the server, but when it starts loading the island and all that it crashes. When setting up a server it crashes when loading the island...haven't really tried SP, but I guess the same will happen...and it crashes when pressing the "Quit" button in-game (if I have been in-game for some time).

Any idea what might be wrong?

What soundcard do you have?

You might want to tone down your graphics detail settings, I was having the same thing happen to me a long time ago and I did just that and the crashes vanished. Do you see any weird textures that are pink or blue or anything before your computer crashes?

And another time, my old soundcard was causing reboots (may never know why)

This things happen when you have an weak power supply.

GF FX 5200 and other GeForce FX cards need more power than older GeForce cards. rock.gif

We bought a new chassis with a higher powersupply when we got this one, and the MB got it's own soundcard...like, the soundcard was on the MB when we got it... crazy_o.gif And I don't see anything strange before the crash...though it's never happened in-game...only happened while loading a mission or while in the editor...and it's like...the machine is starting up again before you even realise it crashed sad_o.gif but I'll try to lower the settings and see what happens...

[edit]umm...as I tried to start OFP today after the crash I got an error message saying something like "Flashpoint.cfg '3D_no entry", and I got the Flashpoint Preferences thingy up. But when I alt+tabed out of the game after a few mins it crashed again, and then I had the settings I had on my old computer...[/edit]

nobody knows a possible solution to this? sad_o.gif I can't live without my OFP sad_o.gif

Hi, garcia, I have same problem.

I have already maked a thread about this and send an e-mail to BIS, but unfortunately without any response. Maybe you should send me your flashpoint.rpt file so I can find out, if our problems are just same...

Please, try to re-install OFP with only 1.92 version installed, that worked me fine.

I will give my computer to some real expert and I hope that problem will be solved...if yes, I will tell you...

problem is I got no flashpoint.rpt crazy_o.gif But you don't got the same problem, my computer restarts, it doesn't just crash to desktop sad_o.gif

problem is I got no flashpoint.rpt crazy_o.gif But you don't got the same problem, my computer restarts, it doesn't just crash to desktop sad_o.gif

bad...some of my games restarts computer too...do you have problems with other games or only with OFP?

only OFP sad_o.gif So I'm 100% sure it is some issue with the game and the computer. I've reinstalled twice, I've copied the OFP folder from my backup HD to the main HD after we formated, but no matter what I do it keeps crashing sad_o.gif

try putting -nomap in yer short cut smile_o.gif

"C:\My Games\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" -nomap -mod=mfcti

Done...what does -nomap really do? Never really known what it does tounge_o.gif

it will load addons as there needed im pretty sure.. i could stand corrected.....

If you just copied OFP over from you old hard drive then OFP might not be recognising your new hardware correctly. Try running Flashpoint Preferences and using the autodetect feature. If that doesn't help then you should try a complete reinstall.

Hope you fixed the problem , i had the exact same problem..

If you switch on a function in windows ( i dont recal how from memory ) that alows you to see the bug report after a crash ... you will see a blue screen of death and within should be some info about what might have caused the crash .

My problem stemed from a faulty on-board sound chip , ended up reverting back to my trusty SB live card and all was well .

If you just copied OFP over from you old hard drive then OFP might not be recognising your new hardware correctly. Try running Flashpoint Preferences and using the autodetect feature. If that doesn't help then you should try a complete reinstall.

of course I installed OFP before I did it, and besides I just did that because after 2 reinstalls OFP still didn't work, so I figured that I could might as well just try copying my old OFP since it worked on my old computer...just in case some settings was causing the crash wink_o.gif

Well, what I've done since last time is:

copy OFP from my backup HD, install service pack 2 and put that -nomap in my shortcut, and I managed to play OFP for about...30 mins without crash...so hopefuly it's fixed tounge_o.gif usually it would crash after 10 mins...but gonna try editing and maybe some MP when I get time and see if it works or not...

I have the same problem with OFP on the PC I play LAN games with friends. It crashes after a random amount of time, no matter what mission or mod/addons are loaded, pure OFP+RH+RES crashes too, gets very annoying while playing ZCTI for 4+ hours and when nearly done,game crashes. We played about 50+ matches and was never able to finish the mission.

PC Specs:

P4 2.4 GHz

1.24 GB DDR Ram (1 512 MB Stick + 2 256 MB Sticks)

NVidia GeForce 4 MX + latest drivers (tried also to roll back the drivers. Almost every version.)

Unknown sound card, probably onboard one

Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC LAN Card

sad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gif

pffffffffft...crashed again...lasted for about 1 day sad_o.gif gonna ask my dad if we can backup the HD and format again, cause I'm pretty sure OFP worked in the start...I have no idea what more I can do...just removed all games I don't really play much and all other programs that I don't use...though that won't help I guess...worth a try tounge_o.gif fuck...after like 3 years with OFP and I'm gonna get stopped cause of a crash no one can fix sad_o.gif

anyone wana tell me how I can get that...DxDiag.txt or what's it called...the file that got all my GFX card settings and stuff in it...so I can send a mail to BIS...

oooook...OFP been working for some time now...I think it was the GFX driver...for some reason it was too new crazy_o.gif I was using the newest one (66.93), and when I removed it and installed an older one (56.72) it's not crashed again. Now I got another problem, but it only occurs while playing my MP mission which always CTD tounge_o.gif OFP have only crashed when playing that mission since I installed the new driver...soo...I guess the problem was the GFX driver was too...new tounge_o.gif

Garcia