Sign in to follow this  
Imshi-Yallah

Irish Interim troops

The grills , MG positions and the overall look is dead similiar to the Landrover from the UKF pics as well , maybe its because this pic isnt showing the full vehicle so ...

Imshi with all luck my pc should be working bymonday at the latest

@kin hill: Thats what my mods about.

V5.jpg

That looks like a High-Tech Technical. Did anyone else think this very samething?

Its A Ford F-350, which makes it, presumably, the big brother of the already bad-ass F-150.

As a former owner of a couple of F-150's, I think that's a badass vehicle. I hope it does get made!

biggrin_o.gif

EDIT: Landrover? crazy_o.gif

Alright then, how about this idea for home missions (only because I'm lazy, and want to make missions on the basic islands).

Starts as a big training exercise on an island off the West coast. Going into the breifing, it's clear that it's not actually happening. Then you zoom in on one soldier's head, and white out. Suddenly you're in his imagination (what's needed for training exercises) and it's all too real, if a little implausible (the baddies will be the "breakaway republic of Cork"). Basically it's only real in his head.

Implausability will be maintained throughout.

That's my missions idea. Does it make sense?

A good approximation would be.......whenever the rugrats go on their adventure, they let their imaginations go. Something like that with this guy.

Its A Ford F-350, which makes it, presumably, the big brother of the already bad-ass F-150.

So I take that a yes then.

Alright then, how about this idea for home missions (only because I'm lazy, and want to make missions on the basic islands).

Starts as a big training exercise on an island off the West coast. Going into the breifing, it's clear that it's not actually happening. Then you zoom in on one soldier's head, and white out. Suddenly you're in his imagination (what's needed for training exercises) and it's all too real, if a little implausible (the baddies will be the "breakaway republic of Cork"). Basically it's only real in his head.

Implausability will be maintained throughout.

That's my missions idea. Does it make sense?

A good approximation would be.......whenever the rugrats go on their adventure, they let their imaginations go. Something like that with this guy.

Why not just say they're part of a Multinational force in Malden etc?

the troops have been fixed.

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.p....page=13

dmnemecmerc.jpg

Since we arent going to be doing a truck at the moment this german one will be a passable stand in, the only problem is its got the same texture error as the subsequent MMP releases.

However unlike the MAN 5ton it doesnt stick out to badly unconverted as it doesnt have the big MG3 on the top screaming "Im not Irish"

Those Troops are looking lovely Imishi

Thanks mate, shame we dont have the capacity to produce some 80s versions, could have helped you out.

No F-350 folks, the Modeller couldnt build it to the standard we required.

Troops will look better with the selections activated and various other bits sorted out.

Those Troops are looking lovely Imishi

smile_o.gif Glad you like em. Hope the entire pack is ready for when i get back smile_o.gif

Does anyone know of addons existing of any of the following?

ACMAT VLRA TPK420 SM3 4x4 TCV

a1.jpg

MAN 8:150 GS 4x2

getpic,big,204399,MAN,8.150%2Bitalsz%25E1ll%25EDt%25F3.jpg

MAN 14.240FAEG 4x4 TCV

x15.jpg

found BWmod

Leyland DAF 4x4 TCV

2002dvd35.jpg

Mercedes-Benz 117A

found BW mod

Iveco/Ford M140.18WM.RHD

Iveco/Astra M320.42W BAD 8x8 DROPS

iveco5.jpg

Motorcycles

Honda Deauville

Kawasaki GT550

Kawasaki KLR 250

Suzuki Bandit

Suzuki DR350S

Suzuki DR400Z

Scania 8x8 DROPS

Kawasaki KLR 250 - SelectThis made a standalone version of this, and then it got intergrated into the BAS ranger/delta stuff - both are available to download smile_o.gif

Thanks.

Check out our site for a list of third party addons we think will fit well with our stuff for missions.

The PIII project has been postponed, and will not be part of the initial release.

The Airpack is basically finished just needs to be sent to Thunderbird 84 for tweaks and fancy bits.

Delta Snipe has provided us with an F-350 model in return for which we will be providing some textures for his pack.

SniperUK is working on an Armour pack for us, to include all current armoured units.

I'll be away for the next six weeks (give or take the occasional day off) so from monday on all contact with the team should be through our website.

Regards,

Imshi

The time to revive this topic is approaching, so i guess i ought to fill you in on the news. This is basically a status report.

Imshi Yallah has pretty much vanished, or will be doing so. AFAIK hes moving to a flat with no net connection, and i think its fair to say hes stepping down. Thanks to Imshi for the inspiration.

I myself am nearly back from my South American adventures, fun as its been i will be glad to get back to having a shower more than once every week (hey, when your trekking a) there are no showers and b) its not worth it anyway smile_o.gif ) and editing OFP again! My flight is on the 1st but i wont be back into things till at least the 3rd or 4th id have thought.

Anyway. So where does this leave the Pack? Well, to be honest, in a kind of limbo. However, i am not going to waste my work by letting it rot, so....

What I'M going to do is:

-Get this troop pack finished, with ARW units and a few more varients than it currently has.

Just to remind you.

irish2.jpg

-Get the weapons pack in whatever state it is in and finish it.

-This vehicle. (ARW Ford F350). I'll be modelling and texturing it from scratch.

V5.jpg

Then i'll release those elements. Infantry, Weapons and an SF jeep should be enough to make some fun Irish missions.

The other elements of the pack i will leave up to the rest of the team members who are too busy ect atm to work on as and when, and release them when they are ready. smile_o.gif

Stay tuned.

Basically i'm the last person active on this team, and im just going to try and get my elements of the pack done. The weapons werent my domain but they are pretty important to the pack and apparently are nearly done so i'm willing to take them over.

Things like the choppers i don't see as important.

Anyway, what i'm trying to say is that my main focus is sorting the infantry, the weapons, and the jeeps. I might just get around to making a mission or two depending on how time goes  wink_o.gif but its about 50-50 whether ill do that or just release.  smile_o.gif

Edit: It IS about time these got out the door, the troops are in exactly the same state as when i left 6 months ago huh.gif

sad_o.gif Well I must say thank you for undertaking so much work. I have always followed progress on this mod closely, it would be great to see Irish troops in OFP. I cannot wait to hear more news, good luck with everything.