Sign in to follow this  
Imshi-Yallah

Irish Interim troops

Just a couple of crappy pics, but in better light, the generic faces have been sorted, different kit is being sorted when I find the time, no progress on the steyr's I'm afraid sad_o.gif

irish1.jpg

irish2.jpg

irish3.jpg

as in "Real IRA" troops, like what you see on the news bulletins?

I point you to the Northern Ireland mod upcoming.

(look to sniperuk, for he knows the thruth!)

I would like to see RIA(not RIAA)troops

You want addons of some scumbags who'll gut a man on the street and pull his entrails out of his still living body?

This team wont be dirtying its hands with terrorists for fear of morons using them to glorify their dirty deeds.

noob question, but what does RIA mean, or did he want to as for the IRA?

Nice, Improving all the time

the original textures, but that cuz its white... and Im not that good! sad_o.gif

mind you it isnt finished yet~! biggrin_o.gif It isnt dirty yet... and allot of small stuff needs to be changed...

EDIT

the pics are edited!

Coming along rather well, needs a bit more work ofcourse but I really like the helicopters so far. Good job!

yeah still on both there are lots of smaller things to be done... Like i cannot find some smaller parts in the texture file... Like the little fins at the back... Also I need to make it more " UNcartoonish" but im still learning allot during this so... wink_o.gif

Just found a little mistake on the picture just linked...

There corrected, the helicopters have just been send off to the config department! I will still work on the textures some more and then it will be ready for the mission maker! wow_o.gifblues.gif

If you guys want I can make a couple of missions for your pack here. wink_o.gif

Another update, we have an offer of a 3ds model of the Agusta Bell 139 so if the team can manage to import that to O2 our airpack may be expanding.

Well it looks like we will be able to release the Irish Air Corp's next generation of helicopters but it will not be part of our main release...

Which will be:

Infantry (Final config stage)

Crew (Final Config Stage)

Air Crew (Texturing stage advanced)

Snipers ( Final Config Stage)

Special Forces ( Awaiting Config)

Piranha APC (Awaiting textures and config)

Dauphin and Alouette Helicopters (texturing 70% in config'ng process at the moment)

PC-9M Trainer and light strike aircraft (conpleted)

Edit: We also have a rather excellent MeproLight Reflex sight for the SF steyr thanks to the talented Drill Sergeant.

Beta testing and mission making should be commencing in the next week, so watch out for those CP thread screens wink_o.gif

Still keep those offers coming if anyone has any kit the Irish Defence forces use please contact us and help make this pack even better.

Looking forward to it smile_o.gif

Thats because its off the program for the moment, more vital elements of the pack have fallen behind schedule.

Hey thats some excellent work you got there mate! Can't wait to use them!! I need something to replace those ancient Irish Rangers made by Bibmi (a legend he was) back in the good ol' days. Just one thing about your soldiers, it's nothing major and I know they're not complete yet but it seems like your helmets are american helmets and to the best of my knowlege the Irish Army uses Israeli helmets (not sure what the name is exactly) like you can see here. So yup just thought I'd let ya know! I don't know how realistic your aiming your work to be and you never know, I could be completely wrong here.

-Nordwind

I've got my Israeli Helmet sitting beside my PC wink_o.gif However troops deploying with APCs now use the Dutch lightweight version on the American PASGT, we have an Israeli helmet model which we may release at a later date but the main focus of our pack is to represent a present or slightly future/ideal Irish Battalion battlegroup.