Sign in to follow this  
Odin -AEF-Kampa-

Poly/Points Limit @OFP-Engine ?

I am not sure if the game OFP has face or vertex limits,but try opening high poly addons in O2...all sorts of weird things may happen.O2 may have limits.

I believe if you can open or make it in O2,should be ok ingame

I mean:

I see sometimes Modells wich got more then 12.000 Points in the first 4 LOD´s. I think thats too much for "Game Modells" and the Gameplay.

Quote[/b] ]BraTTy Posted on Dec. 15 2004,19:31

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am not sure if the game OFP has face or vertex limits,but try opening high poly addons in O2...all sorts of weird things may happen.O2 may have limits.

I believe if you can open or make it in O2,should be ok ingame

I suppose you meant bulldozer (instant of O2)? So far i didn't noticed anything strange in O2. I only had a "limite" with bulldozer when trying models over +-8000 (i though). Then, the models aren't visible anymore...I suppose this fair enough, and could be used as max.

But i think the "role/sort" of model depents to...like a weapon vs tank transporter truck (hope you understand). No offence to anyone, after all i think it's up to the modeler to decide.

xmas_o.gif Kind regards

Ahh so if bulldozer is the one that bugs out,could be within the game engine.

A long time ago I checked out some freeware models and for this topic i dug them up and did a test.The Stuka I textured with the plain textures that came with it.

I have opened and textured a 13132 face,8063 point Stuka.And can view it in O2 and Bulldozer fine

And I opened a 19851 point,39698 face Horse,and because you said Bulldozer crashes ,I closed Bulldozer before opening.

I opened Bulldozer for a test and your right,it displays a black screen with that geometry box I have seen before in OFP,then shortly crashes just the viewer

Not sure If I could work with the model in O2 to shave faces for long even with Bulldozer closed,it is choppy

As I have said before ,it would be so much work shaving those faces ,itd be better to model the whole thing yourself,then it would be yours and the face count would be your control to a point

I only had a "limite" with bulldozer when trying models over +-8000 (i though). Then, the models aren't visible anymore...I suppose this fair enough, and could be used as max.

Maybe its a sign too make a "Low Poly and Low Points/Face but good looking" Modell then a "i make 20k points and it looks good but more then 2 of them will crash the game" Modell? smile_o.gif

actually theres no limit i can say

altoguh it sucks when i put it inamge w/o any lods.. biggrin_o.gif

aswell the model isnt displayed in oxygen with an polycount over 9000 +

One limit is that both the game and the Buldozer cannot handle models with more than 32K vertices or 32K faces (the reason for this is signed 16b integer is used internally to index them).

k thx

lol should have guessed hat myslef :P

hm, 32000 shoudl be dealable..

i mean nogova consits of quite much vetices so

if u put in on desert island (:P) it shoud be well

altoguh im not sure about another one biggrin_o.gif