Sign in to follow this  
king homer

M1A2 Abrams SEP

We already have stuff o defeat the STAFF round, and the Russains were working on things to make it less effective.  like adding more ERA blocks to the turret deck, as well as Shatora (sp) and Arena systems that can effect Staff.  

Sorry for OT, but I am not sure.

Shtora (Shtora-1) can deal with some cable, IR and laser guided ATGMs. It might be efficient against HOTs, TOWs, Helfires and other stuff. But not against new TI and radar guided projectiles, second generation HOTs, TOWs etc. STAFF`s "forward-scanning millimeter wave sensor" could be Shtora-unfriendly with jamming not possible.

There are some sources that ERA armour not always can counteract EFPs. That is why EFPs are considered as precursors for new AT missiles - it could penetrate ERA cell without it`s explosion.

It is hard to tell how would act Arena against top-attack projectiles. It was designed to deal with flat-trajectory slow ATGMs and there might be some dead zones of it`s effectivenes. And one more thing - Arena and other APSs are still very rare.

If I get permission, I may also include the new ORCS effect script.

I've been using it, I think it looks great.

Looks great,but I can't get the darn thing to work.

Guest [B.B.S.] T_D

better?

Staff1.JPG

Staff2.JPG

Staff3.JPG

Guest [B.B.S.] T_D

dito. its to big i think rock.gif

That effect kicks mucho ass! I think the STAFF flight profile might be slightly more flat than that, being a short-ranged high-velocity tank round, without a boost motorr of it's own. But I really don't know for sure. I'm not really fond of that crosshair, either. How about doing it in the same style as the actual gunners sight?

Staff already looks too powerful seeing how its launching the tank after impact. The effect should be reduced by half cause it looks as large as the arty round going off not a M1s STAFF round.

As I said, we're still in testing phase. The script generates for testing a LGB to see if it works.

So just wait for release and everything will be ok.

biggrin_o.gif ROFL! From STAFF round to GBU-24, THAT'S gonna leave a mark. When tanks are shooting LGB's at you, you know you're going to have a BAAAAAAAD day!

IMHO it should look like that

Paint-ed OFP ;)

You need normal explosion (or some new from WGL or ECL or another) above tank, thin "column" of ligth (EFP projectile trace) that would vanish fast (as lightning, bum and silence) and another, smaller explosion at tanks roof - as bright as mentioned "column". Is it possible to do something like that? Probably instead of lower (roof) explosion it could be just bigger version of "column" effect. But I cannot suggest any script, because it is "black magik" for me.

One more thing - it is hard to say how high above target will explode staff. EFP needs some space to fully form and gain maximum performance. Is it possible if your STAFF explodes just above (1-2 meters) target if fired from shorter distance (<800 meters) and higher (2-3 meters) when fired from longer?

greetings

Ok mates, we're starting betatesting tomorrow, and if everythings alright and all bugs are fixed, we'll release at 24.12.

We have already planned an update for end of january 2005 with 2 new camo shemes, new scripts and maybe some reworked scripts.

Sounds great! smile_o.gif

What camos are coming in now? the regural NATO/wood camo and desert...? wink_o.gif

Yes, woodland and desert camo.

For the planned update in january we'll hopefully include a unique green and winter camo.

We don't even do that, usualy just not cleaning the pig it will get covered in enough mud and dirt won't need winter camo, I really dispise the inactuartte adding of winter cammo to US units. Most of the US military cold weather gear is left overs from Korea OD Green fieldPants big ugly mittens and Parkas with Micky Mouse boots. Unless you _buy_ the Gortex cold weather system commonly warn by permenant party troops in Germany. Only the Deseert repain has been the only thing allowed to be done to vehicles, and pretty much the Army is often too cheep to bother painting them back to nato-tri color. which is why most vehicles stayed tan long after the first gulf war. That and knowing we would have to return to the Gulf region sooner or later.

I've gone to a number of the militarys artic outposts and they wore OD green or ow my eyes ornage there. =P

When we're required to operate in an artic theater, we'll camo the equipment as necessary. There's no reason to do it until required.

Well we'll add a winter camo.

You can't do anything against it and even if it's not realistic.

Most people asked for a winter camo.

201204_m1a2_replica.jpg

Great pic , first!

I must say , Fantastic Addon!

And right!, pls release a Winter Camo!

Ofp missed a M1A2 Abrams SEP  Tank with a Winter camo.

So i think, it's interessting to drive with a Abrams Winter Camo Tank smile_o.gif.

Raptor. wink_o.gif

don´t know if it was suggested already..

you could do a snow covered version of the tank, like kegetys did in his winter pack xmas_o.gif

arg that is just stupid.

why ruin what is goin to be a nice tank by addign soemtihng completely unrealistic.

the US does not have winter camo.

if anything just use the OD or NATO camo with some snow covering it. but if it is just goin to be painted white then forget it that would just be stupid.

just do the light covering of snow.