Sign in to follow this  
sasyboy

How do you free fall?

I droped out of a heleicopter the other day and free falled. I needed to select open shoot from the menu.

Havn't seen this before as I don't often use aircraft but it looked cool. So cool I almost killed myself looking at it. crazy_o.gif

Any ideas, can you choose to do it all the time?

The FDF mod has some units that can freefall and open chutes. But the original units don't have that. You were probaly a non pilot class and when you ejected you had no chute. But the original pilots open chutes auto.

when ur using y2k3 the parachutes are switched to halo gear so you have to open the chute yourself, nice feature smile_o.gif

wow_o.gif I didn't notice that. I ejected before but the chute came out auto. I didn't get a option to pull the rip cord. rock.gif I got to try it again, this time w/more choppers. crazy_o.gif

I wonder if this is why when you issue the action 'eject' to your AI players some of them fall to the ground. Perhaps they don't know how to open the chute... Perhaps you have to issue that action to them. rock.gif

When playing with Y2K3 the chute opens itself about 50m above ground if you don't open it manually. For me it worked everytime until now.

same with last ECP config, if you eject above 200m ( sort of) you will free-fall down to 50m as well.

Bingo you've solved it I was using ECP and I must of been well high. Thanks for that.

50m crazy_o.gif thats abit low to open ur chute.?? at that height u would pile into the ground at 100mph.

oh hold on does the unit come to a complete stop in midair as u deploy the chute rock.gif

if so there is a REAL HALO script that will slow u down as the chute deploys and its more realistic smile_o.gif

At the moment, the default value for the chute to open is 102 meters (In the ECP) The velocity is not set to zero when the chute is opened, the initial velocity of the chute is the final velocity of the falling man.

RED

Nope I figured it out. ALl you have to do is eject and let your man do it automatically!

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! crazy_o.gif

unclesam.gif

In that small Kiowa helicopter I always hold down I think it's E and D, and I do a spin nose first into the ground...fun stuff